GDT: Nashville Predators (5-1-0 10 pts) at Calgary Flames (4-2-0 8 pts) 10-19-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
cut.jpg

upload_2018-10-19_8-49-45.png

The Nashville Predators will try to extend their win streak to four games tonight as they make their first trip to Canada. It's the second of three meetings between the Preds and Calgary Flames on the calendar; the Flames shut out the Preds in Nashville's home opener back on Oct. 9.

Tonight marks the first half of a back-to-back set in the province of Alberta, with the Preds set to face the Oilers in Edmonton on Saturday night, a challenging test for the group early in the season.

"We've been a pretty good road team even starting the year, but every road trip is different, and this will be a tough one," Predators Head Coach Peter Laviolette said. "It's two tough teams in a back-to-back situation. I like it because it's quick, but you need to win the games to feel good about it. But, we've been doing OK on the road, so hopefully we can keep that going."

The Predators practiced in Nashville on Thursday before departing for Canada with all skaters healthy and participating in the session.

Last Time Out:
Filip Forsberg scored what proved to be the game-winner as the Predators defeated the Minnesota Wild by a 4-2 final to register their third consecutive victory. Craig Smith, Mattias Ekholm and Miikka Salomaki also found the back of the net on the evening, while Pekka Rinne picked up his third win of the campaign.
Forsberg and Ryan Johansen co-lead the team with six points apiece, followed by Ekholm, Viktor Arvidsson and P.K. Subban with five points each. Forsberg has tallied on four occasions, Arvidsson has three goals and Ekholm has a pair, as does Craig Smith.

The Opposition:
The Flames find themselves with a 4-2-0 record through six games on the season, including a 5-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night. Johnny Gaudreau and Matthew Tkachuk have each recorded nine points through those six contests, followed by Sean Monahan with seven points and Elias Lindholm with six. Monahan and Lindholm have four goals apiece, Gaudreau and Michael Frolik have three each. Mike Smith has gone 3-2-0 for the Flames thus far, including a shutout in Nashville.

All-Time Meetings:
Nashville is 33-24-(4)-11 all-time against Calgary, including a 14-12-(3)-5 record at the Scotiabank Saddledome. In the previous 10 meetings between the two clubs, Nashville is 4-2-4. The Preds have only lost twice to the Flames in regulation since March 29, 2015, and have picked up at least one point in 18 of their last 24 games.

Notables vs. Calgary:
Kyle Turris has 13 points (5g-8a) in 18 career meetings with the Flames, while Ryan Ellis has five points (3g-2a) in his last five games against Calgary. Matt Irwin (1/20/14) and Calle Jarnkrok (3/31/14) made their NHL debuts in Calgary, while Anthony Bitetto scored his first NHL goal against the Flames.

BeQNCJG8v6Z_9lV_A-t7qIoDiJeiIaFwuXQAyS4J9gobE4Rwp1bTf_snycLb9wHpW5uVlmHZuCHTCx0Z1z_isQwF=w576-h324-p-pa-no-nu

upload_2018-10-19_8-53-27.png

upload_2018-10-19_8-54-48.png

upload_2018-10-19_8-55-3.png

upload_2018-10-19_8-55-16.png

upload_2018-10-19_8-55-27.png

upload_2018-10-19_8-55-41.png

upload_2018-10-19_9-0-8.png

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Considering that the Vezina Trophy would be named after Mike Smith if he only had to play the Preds, I'm predicting a loss.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Uh oh...looks like Smith is hitting his mid season form a little early with some awful passing

OriginalName

Aug 22, 2016
Imabari, Japan
He doesn't and he keeps the puck and scores on the wrap around. Sometimes it's just a damn nice play.

You're right, 100%. I meant it in the "ah man, so close" kind of way, not the "you scrub" kinda way. Sorry, wrote it on the spot and the intent got lost in the format.

I will say that Mitch Korn was awfully good at coaching behind-the-net play down to the microsecond, and Pekka was just a microsecond early to commit, though. Still, ~90% of NHL goalies let that in.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I blame Ellis. Someone has to be blamed. It can't just be a great pass & shot into near impossible tiny space.

To be honest, I also blame Ellis because if Subban had been on the ice he would definitely be getting blamed. /puts on flame suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad