Nashville Predators Ticket Thread

Yeah I'm in Nashville for the first time, I think I have an arrangement for tickets for the game tomorrow, and the prices are shockingly high. My football tickets are much better and far cheaper (admittedly I got them before the game became a de facto playoff game) to my surprise.

Looks like there is a lot of Predators fandom and support in Nashville. Good to see. I'd heard that the city is (to a degree that surprises most, honestly) really into the team and that seems true. Looking forward to the game provided that my tickets come through.

Well, they've been good for the last few years and the Final run helped. It will be interesting to see how fan support looks during the next down period.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The interesting thing is there hasn’t really been a true down period. A year or two here or there. It will be really interesting if the Preds ever go through what the Titans have been over the past decade plus.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Welcome to Nashville, @JackSlater!

Paul McCann announced the 129th consecutive sell out last night and that the night's capacity was 17,600 and something. I was shocked. It's full every game, but not 100% butts in seats. I figured there had been a couple of games where they hadn't sold out.

I am still surprised when I see multiple people in a store wearing Preds gear or 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot with logos or license plates. I can remember the days when it was usually just me!
Come on... We discussed this. If you are ever home the night of a game, go on ticketmaster and look at the blue dots. The team buys the seats, keeps the stream alive and donates them to a charity. Everyone does it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Come on... We discussed this. If you are ever home the night of a game, go on ticketmaster and look at the blue dots. The team buys the seats, keeps the stream alive and donates them to a charity. Everyone does it.
At some point the team may stop with the ruse. I know this because one day the Colorado streak ended after many games. Preds were playing, it was my birthday. Aside: Pete wished me HB on the air.

As long as they keep the streak going, by hook or by crook, who am I to tell them how to run their business?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The sell out streak is one of those topics that amazes me in how much energy is spent discussing it. I don’t really care if they donated every ticket and no one showed up and they still called it a sell out. That side of the equation isn’t what interests me. I’m more curious as to why they continue to push for it at this point.

At this point I’d rather they focus on figuring out how the heck to get people into the bathrooms instead of forming lines at the door and contesting the concourse. We had this under control well before ‘sell outs’ were the norm and somehow became dumber along the way.

Reactions: predfan98

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
The sell out streak is one of those topics that amazes me in how much energy is spent discussing it. I don’t really care if they donated every ticket and no one showed up and they still called it a sell out. That side of the equation isn’t what interests me. I’m more curious as to why they continue to push for it at this point.

At this point I’d rather they focus on figuring out how the heck to get people into the bathrooms instead of forming lines at the door and contesting the concourse. We had this under control well before ‘sell outs’ were the norm and somehow became dumber along the way.
I get that, but the business side of sports is really interesting to a lot of people.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I get that, but the business side of sports is really interesting to a lot of people.

I agree with you on that. That is why I am asking what the reason is for continuing to do it. There has to be one.

Speaking of business side of sports, this actually ties to the bathroom lines. Clear the concourse to make it easier for people to give you their money at intermission. If you're going to add a new concession area / beer stand then maybe put more than 1 register there. Seems like it takes 1.5 minutes per customer to take an order, pour a beer, and complete the transaction. You're not selling too many beers at intermission if you only have one person handling that.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I agree with you on that. That is why I am asking what the reason is for continuing to do it. There has to be one.

Speaking of business side of sports, this actually ties to the bathroom lines. Clear the concourse to make it easier for people to give you their money at intermission. If you're going to add a new concession area / beer stand then maybe put more than 1 register there. Seems like it takes 1.5 minutes per customer to take an order, pour a beer, and complete the transaction. You're not selling too many beers at intermission if you only have one person handling that.

I have no idea what it is. When the Rangers stopped legitimately selling out, they stopped announcing sellouts a few months later when it was obvious.

I think concessions in most arenas are going towards mobile ordering and pickup and until the app works 100%, they don't care and didn't want to add more registers.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I have no idea what it is. When the Rangers stopped legitimately selling out, they stopped announcing sellouts a few months later when it was obvious.

I think concessions in most arenas are going towards mobile ordering and pickup and until the app works 100%, they don't care and didn't want to add more registers.

Mobile ordering a draft beer would be awesome. Sign me up.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Mobile ordering a draft beer would be awesome. Sign me up.
They actually tried that 4 years back or so. My seat was part of the testing group. I downloaded this app and could order from there. You'd enter your payment info and then you could pull up certain things from the app--pretty sure beer was one of the offerings. I never actually used it, but I had the RIGHT to use it. I like talking to the people at the concession stands. Make friends with your concessioneer, give 'em a tip, and they give you the best products they have. You want room temp water, a heated bun and the blackest hotdog? No problem!

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

That might cause a riot in Milwaukee! People take their beer pretty seriously in Wisconsin. (One example was the Badger football team playing in Las Vegas. They had a pregame party and ran out of beer in 90 minutes. When the Badgers came back 4 years later, the guy running the party tripled the size of the beer order for the Wisconsin fans.)

At the Panther arena, the stands usually have 2 people working the cash registers on the main concourse except for Saz's and the place that you get garlic fries (or deep fried fish on a Friday night). The Panther Arena seats 9650 for hockey, but the largest crowd this season was 7500. I am pretty sure that you can buy 16 ounce cans of beer even at the popcorn/candy stand.

The place with the most beer stands that I have ever seen at a hockey game is the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. That had 4 or 5 beer only stands set up in the concourse as well as the usual places built into the arena, probably 20 stands that sold beer as well as other items. There were a few guys walking around the stands selling 24 ounce cans of beer for an arena that officially seats 11,200 for hockey, but with the upper ends covered over, it probably seats 7600. That was more places than the 17,875 seat Bradley Center had to sell beer. At a large stand at the BC, they might have 4 cash registers going, a smaller one would have two.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Anyone have plans to go to the NSHvVGK on 2/16? A buddy and I just booked our trip.
No, but I went last year. It's a nice arena and the area surrounding it has been built up very nicely. It's a bit pricey, but it's Las Vegas--most everything is! Where we sat was pretty high up but the view was still good. I hope the Preds win for you. They got blanked when we went. Fans were having too much fun to be snotty with visitors, but that may have changed this year.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We’re in the ‘Lower End 20’ section. Should be behind the goalie in visitor shoot 2x end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad