GDT: Nashville Predators (1) vs Arizona Coyotes (2) - Best of Five - 8/7/20 1:30 Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenWheel

Jan 10, 2007
Keweenaw Peninsula
Hope you guys get Lafreniere. Seriously, y’all deserve it.

- Coyotes fan
So if I hang my head, work listlessly at my job, switch companies to get more cash, generally underperform - the company that hired me deserves a big prize?

Oh, thinking about, yeah I suppose the company's customers who once knew of them as great and hardworking - but are currently dismayed but hanging tough hoping for a return to glory; maybe they do deserve a nice prize.

Congrats btw Coyotes fan - Good series. GL going forward. Hope you win the next round.

Last edited:

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Tolvanen + Trenin + 1st from this year could make us a very different looking team next season.
Certainly couldn't be worse.

As long as we're culling the herd, can we also get rid of one of Sissons or Jarnkrok? Yeah, it's great that they are versatile. They can do nothing on several lines/positions. Maybe we need to keep some expansion bait, but I don't see anything enticing about their games now.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

As long as we're culling the herd, can we also get rid of one of Sissons or Jarnkrok? Yeah, it's great that they are versatile. They can do nothing on several lines/positions. Maybe we need to keep some expansion bait, but I don't see anything enticing about their games now.
Both those 7 year contracts were mistakes too. i said it when they were signed. they bring nothing to the table in all honesty.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

Jarnkrok, like Smith, is trash in the playoffs but otherwise his play has been fine.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
They played alot better than they were during the season but you have to be able to score goals when youre dominating play like they did throughout most of these games. Kuemper should be getting the majority of the credit too for keeping the Coyotes in it.

Silver lining, at least this season Nashville has a chance to get 1st overall. And even if they dont, its a deep draft and they could still snag a solid player with their first rounder. Other than that, a retool is desperately needed, it'd be nice to see Trenin or Tolvanen or some sort of younger hungrier player join the lineup.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tolvanen + Trenin + 1st from this year could make us a very different looking team next season.

Only if they get to play. None of that 2 shifts a period garbage!

The team needed Trenin for this series. Not playing him is reason enough for me to tell Hynes "You're fired!". He brings size and scoring ability.

What was Nashville missing in this series? The ability to finish. Trenin had 35 points in 32 games for Milwaukee. He had 6 points in 21 for the Preds.

Maybe, just maybe, there is something wrong with the coaching in Nashville?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
The first thing that needs to happen is ownership needs to ask poile to retire or move him to another position that isn’t gm. His gm days needs to be over. Get rid of the whole front office. Scouts and everyone. We need people who can evaluate players in the draft better especially forwards. Only 4 forwards that played today were drafted by poile and only 1 in the top 6. And hynes needs to go too with a new gm coming in. Let that gm find his own coach hopefully someone he researched and after plenty of interviews instead of hire a guy on the fly who just got fired from one of the worst teams in the league. The new gm will have no ties with the current roster so he can do as he pleases. Only players I would deem untouchable would be Forsberg, josi, arvi and maybe Johansen. Listen to offers for everyone else. This core needs to be broke up. Their play has become stale.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Only if they get to play. None of that 2 shifts a period garbage!

The team needed Trenin for this series. Not playing him is reason enough for me to tell Hynes "You're fired!". He brings size and scoring ability.

What was Nashville missing in this series? The ability to finish. Trenin had 35 points in 32 games for Milwaukee. He had 6 points in 21 for the Preds.

Maybe, just maybe, there is something wrong with the coaching in Nashville?
I don't know how much of Trenin's scoring will translate, but even without that... he can be a tank, and if he learns that his bread and butter is to use that physique going to the net... that would just be huge for us. We need that so badly.

As compared to the generic utility value a lot of our depth players have, say. They may have generic hockey smarts or be able to play a variety of positions, but they don't bring the specific things our team is lacking.

Reactions: predhead1

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The first thing that needs to happen is ownership needs to ask poile to retire or move him to another position that isn’t gm. His gm days needs to be over. Get rid of the whole front office. Scouts and everyone. We need people who can evaluate players in the draft better especially forwards. Only 4 forwards that played today were drafted by poile and only 1 in the top 6. And hynes needs to go too with a new gm coming in. Let that gm find his own coach hopefully someone he researched and after plenty of interviews instead of hire a guy on the fly who just got fired from one of the worst teams in the league. The new gm will have no ties with the current roster so he can do as he pleases. Only players I would deem untouchable would be Forsberg, josi, arvi and maybe Johansen. Listen to offers for everyone else. This core needs to be broke up. Their play has become stale.
So do you want to keep Forsberg, Josi, Arvy, and maybe Johansen or do you want to blow up the core? The two are fairly mutually exclusive.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I don't know how much of Trenin's scoring will translate, but even without that... he can be a tank, and if he learns that his bread and butter is to use that physique going to the net... that would just be huge for us. We need that so badly.

As compared to the generic utility value a lot of our depth players have, say. They may have generic hockey smarts or be able to play a variety of positions, but they don't bring the specific things our team is lacking.

My rule of thumb is that a player who scores 30 points in the AHL will score 20 points in the NHL in his first full season. The fact that Trenin went from 1.09 PPG to 0.29 shows that something is rotten in Nashville. He should be scoring at 0.73 to be at 2/3 of his AHL rate, not 27% of it!

Trenin learned to be a tank when we got rid of Dean Evason, who didn't think that Trenin could play hockey. Yakov can stick handle and pass.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I wore my Preds face mask today at work. Which is good because it covered up the curse words I was mouthing as they lost and as I pondered why I ever became a fan of this team so the kids couldn't see them.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
that will never happen unfortunately.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
So do you want to keep Forsberg, Josi, Arvy, and maybe Johansen or do you want to blow up the core? The two are fairly mutually exclusive.
i would be open to trading everyone. johansen would be gone for sure but his contract sucks. arvidsson is a guy i love but he could be traded too. Forsberg would be the only guy i kept.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I’m embarrassed by this garbage. Fire Poile, super overrated GM. Get rid of the 3 centers who are all overpaid garbage. It would’ve been the same story even if COVID didn’t happen. I would say I’m done with the team until some major changes happen, and I will continue to follow Viktor Bae cause he’s an absolute stud muffin who I could never stop liking. This team man it is frustrating that we still can’t get a #1 center even though we’re paying 3 guys who are supposed to be that guy, but they all just disappoint.

most of what I’m saying is just frustration, but I’m sure all Nashville fans can relate to being tired of constant disappointment, I’ll never stop following this team I’ve been to Nashville once and it was one of the best experiences in my life and I’ll stick with the Preds even with the frustration it causes me.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I’m embarrassed by this garbage. Fire Poile, super overrated GM. Get rid of the 3 centers who are all overpaid garbage. It would’ve been the same story even if COVID didn’t happen. I would say I’m done with the team until some major changes happen, and I will continue to follow Viktor Bae cause he’s an absolute stud muffin who I could never stop liking. This team man it is frustrating that we still can’t get a #1 center even though we’re paying 3 guys who are supposed to be that guy, but they all just disappoint.

most of what I’m saying is just frustration, but I’m sure all Nashville fans can relate to being tired of constant disappointment, I’ll never stop following this team I’ve been to Nashville once and it was one of the best experiences in my life and I’ll stick with the Preds even with the frustration it causes me.

I have to admit that having two #2 centers and a #3 center is a problem. I like Joey and Bones. Turris and Granlund, not so much.

Maybe Mike Fisher made it look too easy?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'd kill to have Greg Johnson and Scott Walker on this team showing everyone how to hustle and give a damn.

They are not walking through that door. Walker is with the Yotes and Johnson is with the Devils. But yeah, the Preds could use an Expansion era 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad