GDT: Nashville Predators (1) vs Arizona Coyotes (2) - Best of Five - 8/7/20 1:30 Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, I mean let's see what happens with the draft now. It could be a very long and tumultuous off-season... or... we could get the best silver lining ever on Monday. :crossfing

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Two AZ guys down low by Saros. Where was the D???

See you in December or whenever.

Ekholm actually did a decent job of trying to box out his guy trying to sneak in on the post. Our captain however, was completely out of position, up by the dots and his man easily slipped down beneath him, enabling the pass and tip towards the net.

But, once the shot came, all Ekholm did was look around for the puck rather than trying to tie up a stick/box out. Not sure it would have made a difference though since there were two there due to Josi's complete gaff.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Eh, considering we don’t get the 1st overall, we’ll get a top 15 pick and another one around 35. Restock the pipeline and come back stronger next year.

It might be good for this core to miss the playoffs.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Worse yet, they have no identity. We aren't a "physical" team, we aren't a "fast" team, we aren't a "defensive" team. Maybe we're supposed to be a "talented" team, but the results disprove that.
Strongly agree. I was long wary of shifting away from the defensive depth and identity and expecting we could assemble a strong enough forward group for it to set us apart. We aren't tough or resilient, our D has talent but team D isn't really a strength and we still don't really have anything up front that scares anyone. We're a top half team, but a distinctly average one--the kind that it isn't really a surprise to get bounced in the 1st round, I guess.

OpenWheel

Jan 10, 2007
Keweenaw Peninsula

My daughter says that the second AZ goal was a bad pass from Saros. (Pekka was always good at handling the puck. Hint, hint!)
I was hoping to see Rinne. He's slowed but I still think he's slightly better when 100%, and I wanted the experience. Figured he'd be healthy. But I'll go with what the coaches saw I guess. No big gripes with Saros, had some bad chances against him, maybe could have stopped one or two.

But I've never felt confident heading into a big playoff game that either Rinne or Saros would monster... (Always feel Rinne will be very solid though, but sometimes it doesn't work that way.)
We need a Vokoun to win in the playoffs.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We did not see this coming.
Exactly. It's not like this team gave us any real reason to expect more. Coyotes fans can hate me for this if they want, but that team did not look to me like a valid playoff team either. We basically got set up with one of the weakest matchups available, and our team still couldn't even make a Game 5. What does that say. We were not going anywhere even if we got through this team.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
FWIW, 12.5% is a 3% better chance than LA had to win the 2nd overall pick. I'm glad that the lottery is on Monday so that we don't have to wait long.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Oh yeah...

screen-shot-2018-10-21-at-12-14-01-pm.png

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events