News Article: Nashville looking for a top 6 forward

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
That should be done without hesitation, if it's actually on the table.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
not saying fabbro and a first, but one or the other could be included in a deal IF they are looking for top 6 help, AND kenny willing to re-tool.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wanted Fabbro at that draft pick when it happened. This would be a move I'd endorse.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Nash/Det

Not sure we would get both Fabbro and a 1st. Maybe more like Ejdsell(who the Wings had big interest in as a FA) and a 1st.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
A first plus a prospect shod be no hesitation on our part

Fabbro plus a 2nd equals same thing

Problem is Holland who while still feels this is a playoff club won't do anything to either ensure it is now help towards a rebuild

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Fabbro+1st, okay. Fabbro+2nd, no.

Consider that a 1st from Nashville is almost a 2nd round value. Fabbro also didn't do anything special this year (moderately better year than Cholowski, who is supposed to be the much more raw prospect) so his value hasn't increased post-draft.

I can't really see Kenny doing a trade like this right now though. Maybe at the TDL.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If we go after a defenceman it should be more proven guy, at 22-24 age.

Fabbro is nothing significantly better than our best prospects. But grass is always greener...

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
If we go after a defenceman it should be more proven guy, at 22-24 age.

Fabbro is nothing significantly better than our best prospects. But grass is always greener...

Nyquist isn't with a Trouba or someone like that, so you have to go for the unproven guys.

We've seen what Nyquist can do and he'll be old by the time we're ready to contend. I'd trade him for Fabbro fairly easily. I trust Nashville's scouts on defensemen more than outs.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I actually had this same thought during the stanley cup finals but I figured what is the point of proposing this?

We all know Holland isnt going to make this kind of trade or any trade outside of the deadline.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Yeah I'd trade Nyquist for Fabbro straight up. If they throw in a second, I'd dance as I signed the paperwork.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I'd rather see if one could get Girard, Allard & 2nd 2018 for Nyquist.

We need some d-men who contribute offensively, and the more d-prospects the bigger chance some of them succeed.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Fabbro+1st, okay. Fabbro+2nd, no.

Consider that a 1st from Nashville is almost a 2nd round value. Fabbro also didn't do anything special this year (moderately better year than Cholowski, who is supposed to be the much more raw prospect) so his value hasn't increased post-draft.

I can't really see Kenny doing a trade like this right now though. Maybe at the TDL.

Nyquist is a pretty run of the mill top 6 winger, about to be 28, over paid for his production and his shooting goals per game has been steadily dropping. Asking for a highly regarded prospect and a 1st is a pretty huge over valuation of him. I'd be happy for the prospect and a 3rd.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Would take Fabbro + 2nd for Nyquist.

Nyquist is certainly handy at the moment, but Fabbro is a mid-1st round defenseman drafted by the Nashville Predators, which means that he'll very likely become a top 4 defenseman, with 1st pairing upside. Didn't have an exceptional season, but was solid defensively in the WJC and his production in juniors and college (so far) is fine.

We can go into next season with Tatar, Mantha, AA and Svechnikov as the 1st and 2nd line wingers.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Nyquist isn't with a Trouba or someone like that, so you have to go for the unproven guys.

We've seen what Nyquist can do and he'll be old by the time we're ready to contend. I'd trade him for Fabbro fairly easily. I trust Nashville's scouts on defensemen more than outs.

This. We don't need Nyquist, and either a 1st or 2nd with Fabbro would be great value for him. Part of the reason we'll probably endure a longer than necessary rebuild is Holland being unwilling to swing a deal like this.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nyquist is a pretty run of the mill top 6 winger, about to be 28, over paid for his production and his shooting goals per game has been steadily dropping. Asking for a highly regarded prospect and a 1st is a pretty huge over valuation of him. I'd be happy for the prospect and a 3rd.
We're in no rush to move Nyquist. We can acquire depth picks in other ways and I don't think Fabbro significantly alters our prospect situation. I'd rather add something to Nyquist and try to get a more significant return if we want to trade him so desperately.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I doubt we are this fortunate.

As I have said I don't want to enter next season with both Tatar and Nyquist on the roster. Please move one of them.

I don't think there's a hurry to trade them and they aren't at a very good value level after last season. I'm down with seeing if they can have a good first half and sell at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->