Proposal: Nashville - Edmonton

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think Draisatl is great, and better than RJ, so his return should be more. Is Doughty too old for the Oilers? If not, that’s the guy I’d go for.
Doughty is what 29? 30? And he's gonna be making 11 million for the next 8 years starting this summer.

Imo the guy is still the best all around, do it all, put him in any situation, dman in the league.
He's just too old to even consider trading Leon for.

Now, if they took a futures based package with some cap dumps to even out the money then I'd love to add Doughts. Maybe Bouchard + 1st + 2020 2nd + Puljujarvi + Lucic + Sekera (500k retained) + Yamamoto. But LA probably wouldn't take that.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Doughty is what 29? 30? And he's gonna be making 11 million for the next 8 years starting this summer.

Imo the guy is still the best all around, do it all, put him in any situation, dman in the league.

Now, if they took a futures based package with some cap dumps to even out the money then I'd love to add Doughts. Maybe Bouchard + 1st + 2020 2nd + Puljujarvi + Lucic + Sekera (500k retained) + Yamamoto. But LA probably wouldn't take that.

LA is rebuilding, so maybe they go for it to get a great young player? I just think the Oilers don’t get better by adding s mid level D man. They need another guy like when they had Pronger.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
LA is rebuilding, so maybe they go for it to get a great young player? I just think the Oilers don’t get better by adding s mid level D man. They need another guy like when they had Pronger.
Theres about a 99% chance St Louis doesn't wanna let Petro go but my dream is them wanting to shed cap to sign Schenn and trusting Parayko as their 1d. In turn they trade old man Petro for a young RD and extra young assets + cap space. Pietrangelo is one of my fav dmen and is probably the most underrated along with Josi imo.

If something like Larsson + next year's 1st + Yamamoto + Bear for Petro would be accepted by St Louis I'd be over the moon.

Reactions: Luckylarry

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
if we move one of the top 4 D, it should be for a legit top 6 forward, someone who could carry the 2nd line, not another D.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Hey on the kings board you had the 202 pick as a first not a 2nd!! haha

As I said there any deal that has Bouchard and a first for drew should be looked at. There would need to be players going the other way too just to keep LA under the contract limit.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Nurse and 2019 unprotected 1st for Ekholm and Tolvanen.

You realize the lottery is before the playoffs and Nashville is not announcing a deal of their guys before the playoffs start (fun fact players can still be traded right now but are not eligible for playoff games), so saying this year's first is unprotected is pretty redundant

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
No thanks for Nashville.

The Ellis for Nurse swap is about even depending on your preference. I'd much rather have Tolvanen than Pulju though.
I dunno, it doesn't look that bad to me. I haven't watched Nurse very closely but the "depending on your preference" traits would probably tip me towards Nurse - bigger, tougher, younger, cheaper (if only for another year). He can't be any worse defensively than Ellis.

We all fell in love with the idea of Tolvanen last year, but getting Jones and at least the hope of redemption for Puljujarvi is pretty fair. We're a little conditioned to automatically reject things when we see Tolvanen's name appear, but if Jones is tracking as a potential NHL player and Pulju still just 20 probably shouldn't be written off yet, it may not be so bad. :dunno:

Do both Nurse and Jones play LD though? That part of it could be problematic.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This.

However, let's talk deal here Nashville. Larsson + Yamamoto + 3rd for Ellis.
That sounds pretty good to me. Larsson gives us a nice stable RD to maybe allow Josi more freedom out there, some more cap flexibility sooner if things aren't working out. Should fit with our Swedish core. I don't know if I'd place a lot of value on Yamamoto in this due to his size, but we don't have many prospects so he adds to our thin cupboard anyway. Balances the L/R position better than OP deal and keeping Tolvanen out of it appeals.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Hey on the kings board you had the 202 pick as a first not a 2nd!! haha

As I said there any deal that has Bouchard and a first for drew should be looked at. There would need to be players going the other way too just to keep LA under the contract limit.
I was just throwing stuff out there lol

Reactions: YP44

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Edmonton is giving up too much, but I'd be interesting in something based around Nurse for Elis. Would be really cool to push Larsson back to the 2nd pairing.
No to trading Jones or Bear.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Edmonton is giving up too much, but I'd be interesting in something based around Nurse for Elis. Would be really cool to push Larsson back to the 2nd pairing.
No to trading Jones or Bear.
Nurse-Subban would be very hard pairing to play against. Hoping it would be for the Oilers and not NSH

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
To Edmonton:

Ryan Ellis
Eeli Tolvanen
Yakov Trenin
6th round 2021

To Nashville:

Darnell Nurse
Jesse Puljujarvi
Caleb Jones
3rd round 2021

Adds depth to each team and helps each team moving forward.

This will be the most petty tweek of the trade ever but lose the 6th and I'm happy

Reactions: lakai17

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Nurse-Subban would be very hard pairing to play against. Hoping it would be for the Oilers and not NSH

My opinion of Suban changes on an annual basis, but I'm not all that interested in him and his cap hit.
Ellis would be much more practical for us.
And Nurse/Subban is only a good pairing if Nurse goes back to caring about being a solid shut down guy. I'm convinced he currently only cares about points to get his contract inflated.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Theres about a 99% chance St Louis doesn't wanna let Petro go but my dream is them wanting to shed cap to sign Schenn and trusting Parayko as their 1d. In turn they trade old man Petro for a young RD and extra young assets + cap space. Pietrangelo is one of my fav dmen and is probably the most underrated along with Josi imo.

If something like Larsson + next year's 1st + Yamamoto + Bear for Petro would be accepted by St Louis I'd be over the moon.

Blues will shed about 17 million next year so giving schenn and petro raises won't be an issues. Why trade a Dman like petro who can easily play into his late thirties

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Blues will shed about 17 million next year so giving schenn and petro raises won't be an issues. Why trade a Dman like petro who can easily play into his late thirties
That's exactly why I'd love to trade for and sign him even if he's 30. Petro is the type of guy that can play at a high level for a long time. Like a Suter/Weber type.

And yeah makes sense that you'd keep both if you have the cap space.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Ellis but I like Nurse more. I don't think there's any logical reason to trade Nurse, but if they do it should be for a proven goal scorer, not another defenseman and prospect. Seems almost lateral the whole way through, with Edmonton adding more cap.

Ellis is a way better player than Nurse this is a terrible trade for Nashville.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Ellis is a way better player than Nurse this is a terrible trade for Nashville.
I don't know he's "way better". They have the same amount of points this year. Ellis is 4 years older, with a large contract kicking in for the next 7 years. If Nurse continues to improve like he's done this year, and every year since he entered the league, I don't see there being much difference other than Nurse's mean streak and Ellis' higher contract.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I don't know he's "way better". They have the same amount of points this year. Ellis is 4 years older, with a large contract kicking in for the next 7 years. If Nurse continues to improve like he's done this year, and every year since he entered the league, I don't see there being much difference other than Nurse's mean streak and Ellis' higher contract.
Nurse is gonna get PAID after next year if he does well again next season. Expect 8 years and 5.75m +.

At that point the money is pretty similar and I'd just keep the guy who's like 6 years younger.

No to Nurse for Ellis in any way

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Nurse is gonna get PAID after next year if he does well again next season. Expect 8 years and 5.75m +.

At that point the money is pretty similar and I'd just keep the guy who's like 6 years younger.

No to Nurse for Ellis in any way
Yep. Trading Nurse is the most Oiler thing they could do, and will only blow up in their face. So expect a Nurse trade this summer.

Reactions: 780il

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Ellis is exactly what the Oil need to add to their top 4. Problem is, they can't really subtract Nurse or one of their top 3 forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad