Proposal: Nashville - Calgary

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Turris was pretty bad, but at least he had an excuse with the broken and re-broken foot thing (supposedly). And the Preds still need a 2C somehow, some way, so praying for Turris to rebound into that again might be what it comes down to.

Now if the Preds find another way to get a center (e.g. signing Duchene), and magically have the cap space to add a winger, maybe there is some scenario in which this could work... but I'm doubtful... I'd take a 7th round draft pick before I'd take Neal. I don't think Turris' value has fallen quite that much yet. Or I hope it hasn't. But strange enough things have happened... call us back if for some reason we get Duchene and in late August we still for some reason couldn't trade Turris and somehow the $250k difference in cap hit means something to us. I'm thinking there is about 0% chance this would all play out. :dunno:

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
I wouldn't say Neal is "done"

He just doesnt fit Calgarys transtion game. He will bounce back I'm sure, the guy has been nothing but a 25 goal scorer his entire career.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Neal is almost Lucic bad. Turris still has value and could be dumped to teams willing to resurrect his career.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Neal’s already on the plane.

No take backs.

We’d add in this deal, but I like the thought process behind it.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Turris even after battling injuries this season has been better than Neal. Nashville says no as this doesn’t save us much caption and we will need to find another center to play 2C but we don’t have much caproom

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
In this scenario, I'd gladly add, Neal with 500K retained (saves Nashville space) + Dube for Turris(or Janks + 3rd instead of Dube)

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I think the best part of this trade is that it opens up a spot for Nashville to trade a D for a better 2C than Turris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->