Eklund Rumor: Nashville and NYI increasing Panarin offers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Only way I see Columbus dealing Panarin (at this point) to the Islanders is if Eberle+Wahlstrom+1st are coming back our way. JK has said time and time again that it will take a massive offer to think about trading Panarin, and that it won't be for just futures. Eberle fulfills the "now" component, Wahlstrom+1st the "and the future" component. Plus, at this moment we probably have our eyes set on catching the Islanders for first place/home ice in the first round.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Only way I see Columbus dealing Panarin (at this point) to the Islanders is if Eberle+Wahlstrom+1st are coming back our way. JK has said time and time again that it will take a massive offer to think about trading Panarin, and that it won't be for just futures. Eberle fulfills the "now" component, Wahlstrom+1st the "and the future" component. Plus, at this moment we probably have our eyes set on catching the Islanders for first place/home ice in the first round.

Yea at this point it makes no sense to move him. On paper, the jackets are officially stacked offensively. Selling Panarin significantly reduces their chances of being competitive. It would be a step forward and an abrupt step back. Seems they are going cup or bust but just my opinion (along with many others)

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Yea at this point it makes no sense to move him. On paper, the jackets are officially stacked offensively. Selling Panarin significantly reduces their chances of being competitive. It would be a step forward and an abrupt step back. Seems they are going cup or bust but just my opinion (along with many others)

Yup. I feel like if anything, we may add another piece on the blue line using Wennberg. And if not, he'll be pawned off to recoup picks. Jarmo is trying to give this team the best chance possible to win a cup and convince our UFAs to stay.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Yup. I feel like if anything, we may add another piece on the blue line using Wennberg. And if not, he'll be pawned off to recoup picks. Jarmo is trying to give this team the best chance possible to win a cup and convince our UFAs to stay.

With all due respect, what is the chance Panarin & Bob stay? One or the other?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I could see Wennberg kept as depth for the playoffs, either in the lineup or injury insurance, I don't know. And then he'd be traded this summer, certainly if Duchene stays. I don't think trading him now would give you a higher return (or less negative return :laugh: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->