Proposal: Nash/Tor/Ott

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What does GeauxPreds mean? If you want to be French just say Allez?

I don't know why but this Geaux thing irritates me. An intentional misspelling of Go to seem French?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I like trying to guess what team the OP supports in the Trade Forum by deliberately not looking at the username and just the trade offer.

It's a real challenge!

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Liljegren/Dermott + brown/Kap + 1st would be our comparable offer and I doubt that gets Ottawa’s attention.

I meant in addition to the Liljegren + Nylander package we were already moving. Obviously I wouldn't want to make that trade, but if we were forced to pick one I'd rather do Nylander + Liljegren ++ for Karlsson than Subban.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004

I don't know why but this Geaux thing irritates me. An intentional misspelling of Go to seem French?

It’s a Louisiana creole thing as far as I know. LSU Athletics motto is Geaux Tigers.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
61 point winger... ****ing lol subban scores the same amount of points as a dman.

And hey if you didnt notice, doughty just signed a deal for 11m AAV, but yeah, Subban is waaay overpaid.

You know, as hard as it is to believe...some teams may have an issue fitting 9 million under the cap....

Reactions: Zrinski

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Seriously? Then you know nothing about hockey and stop posting!
It's a valid position to take. Subban's obviously the better player right now and obviously represents an excellent cover for the Leafs' largest current roster hole, but Nylander has a good chance of improving to a comparable degree, has much more of his career in front of him, and is under team control for longer at what is likely to be a much more economical rate.

It's not a no-brainer one way or the other. (Although personally if it was me playing the part of Leafs GM, I'd rather have Subban also. :dunno: )

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Looks at OPs username.... awww now I see....No....

You don't get Nylander and Karlsson extended but walk away without giving up your top prospects. Close this.

Some could argue Fabbro is Nashville's best prospect. Of course Tolvanen is probably ahead of him after his amazing season in the KHL. But Fabbro is a blue chip prospect.

So Nashville would give a Norris-winning Dman, a blue chip prospect, a 1st and a 25 goal scorer. That's a lot. Especially since they would probably have to let Ellis go because of Karlsson's next contract. Some might make that trade, considering Nylander could become an elite forward. But personally I would never make that trade if I was Nashville's GM. I love Karlsson, he's arguably the best DMan in the league. But Nashville doesn't need him IMO.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
How the hell is this bad for Ottawa? They get a literal crap load of assets for a guy who looks like a guarantee to walk 11 months from now.

Liljegren can be a good 2nd pair d-man. Fabbro can also be a 2nd pair kinda guy. Trenin is a good middle 6 forward prospect. Smith is an actual NHLer to fill in the top 6 while they rebuild. AND they get 2 1sts. I think they walk away with a steal.

As for the leafs. I know a lot of leafs fans are complaining here, but I don't know what they realistically think the price of a Norris caliber RHD is. I think he is worth Nylander + Liljegren. Maybe even more, imagine the price for Pietrangelo, Doughty, Karlsson, Josi, OEL, Hedman- because that is Subbans company. Those kinda guys just don't move. The TOR 1st might be overkill though.

I know OP has been attacked pretty relentlessly, but I really don't think it is all that bad. Take out Toronto's 1st and add another medium asset from Nashville, and I think its pretty good.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Apparently subban is a not a top 5 or 6 defenseman in the league to people on here. Go figure I thought he was. And you don't get a top defenseman in the league for cheap. I had Toronto giving up Nylander, LIljegren and a 3rd in my first print up. But apparently Toronto fans thinks subban isn't even worth Nylander alone which is ludicrous. Karlsson might be better than subban but the difference between them isn't miles like most people think. Just more subban hate I guess. I had Ottawa getting LIljegren,fabbro,Smith, Pettersson Nash 2019 1st nash 2020 2nd and Toronto 2019 3rd. That's a lot of futures and you won't have to lose them to a raise any time soon ;) anyway it's just all in fun. None of this would actually happen

Reactions: Ookhaab

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

It's a LSU thing. Trying watching more than hockey. You might actually like college football ;)

MMMOOOWWW

Dec 1, 2017
BC
Why ? I'm confused. So we trade Nylander ,LIljegren and and a first for who? subban. So really we are trading nylander,liljegren and a first for a jake gardner?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
preds fan?

how do they somehow upgrade on D, AND pick up a young 60+pt stud?

leafs get hosed. Nylander,Liljegren, and 1 st for the 2nd best dman in this deal? yikes.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
preds fan?

how do they somehow upgrade on D, AND pick up a young 60+pt stud?

leafs get hosed. Nylander,Liljegren, and 1 st for the 2nd best dman in this deal? yikes.

In that deal, the Preds would be giving up a Norris trophy winner/finalist, a blue chip prospect, a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, a 25-goal/50pt winger and another prospect. And they'd have to give up on Ellis (or another important player) because of Karlsson's next contract (and Nylander's too for that matter). I love all the players involved, but it's a very bad deal for the Preds IMO. The Preds are set for years, no need to blow up the whole team.

It doesn't really look that good for the Leafs either though. They would be giving up important assets for 4 years of Subban. But elite Ds aren't cheap.

The Sens would be making a great deal though, assets wise. But maybe they'd prefer more quality over quantity. Clock is ticking though, Karlsson is pretty much a rental at this point.

Anyways, the OP is obviously just trying to have fun with this trade proposal. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad