Value of: Nash to Montreal

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I'm wondering what Rangers fans are looking for in return for Rick Nash.

Montreal seems like a good fit to me. We need a 2nd line LW, Nash only has 2 years left on his deal and Montreal needs to contend now.

We have almost zero cap space, and would have to use a buyout on Desharnais (and likely trade Emelin)

How much would the Rangers be willing to retain, would they take a smaller cap dump in return ie: Desharnais.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'm wondering what Rangers fans are looking for in return for Rick Nash.

Montreal seems like a good fit to me. We need a 2nd line LW, Nash only has 2 years left on his deal and Montreal needs to contend now.

We have almost zero cap space, and would have to use a buyout on Desharnais (and likely trade Emelin)

How much would the Rangers be willing to retain, would they take a smaller cap dump in return ie: Desharnais.

Nash won't play for a Canadian team

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm sure MB is looking at all his options, but I don't think he's fixated on the top-6 after getting Radulov. For years, Habs' top-6 was a top-4 (Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Plekanec) and a revolving door for the other two. Signing Radulov makes it a top-5. And for the open spot, Habs will look internally to see who can step up (Andrighetto (can play both wings), Carr, Shaw, Reway, Lehkonen, Scherbak, and Hudon).

I think the only free agent MB is chasing is Vadim Shipachyov. Other than that, he's probably looking to make a trade to help on the LD.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Honnestly, it's just not worth it.

1- He makes WAYYY too much money. DD and Emelin would need to eb part of the deal
2- I'm not giving one of our forward prospect for a guy on the downhill. We dont need to contend now. Our core is young and Price will prob be Elite for another 8years ish (see Luongo, still Elite even tho he's 37) due to his style of play (positionnal goalie). Markov will retire sooner then later, but Sergachyev will make us forget about him quite fast IMO.
3- Nash won,t waive for a Canadian team
4- IF he were to waive for MTL, I wouldn't offer more then DD + Emelin +2nd/3rd

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'm sure MB is looking at all his options, but I don't think he's fixated on the top-6 after getting Radulov. For years, Habs' top-6 was a top-4 (Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Plekanec) and a revolving door for the other two. Signing Radulov makes it a top-5. And for the open spot, Habs will look internally to see who can step up (Andrighetto (can play both wings), Carr, Shaw, Reway, Lehkonen, Scherbak, and Hudon).

I think the only free agent MB is chasing is Vadim Shipachyov. Other than that, he's probably looking to make a trade to help on the LD.

This.
I'm thinking MB is still looking at Fowler for that LD spot. Gives Weber a pairing.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
My price from Nashville would be Arvidsson or Jarnkork, a good young almost NHL ready prospect, and a 1st or a 2nd based on how much we retain.

So match your offer up based on that.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal

This.

As much as I would've love to see Bergevin going after one of the second-tier top-6 in free agency, I think that's pretty much his plan...see if one of the young guys can secure the 2nd line LW spot, alternate between guys like Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon if no one establishes himself as the clear cut solution, and trade for a veteran at the deadline if it makes sense by then.

Still maintain we would've been better off with a guy like Perron though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This.

As much as I would've love to see Bergevin going after one of the second-tier top-6 in free agency, I think that's pretty much his plan...see if one of the young guys can secure the 2nd line LW spot, alternate between guys like Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon if no one establishes himself as the clear cut solution, and trade for a veteran at the deadline if it makes sense by then.

Still maintain we would've been better off with a guy like Perron though.

We know Habs were hard after Perron, but MB was only offering one year. Bergevin explained after signing Radulov for only one year that he didn't want to commit long term yet because he doesn't want to box out the young prospects from stepping in and making room for themselves in the upcoming seasons. MB surely had the same mindset with Perron.

I wouldn't have minded Perron either. I wouldn't have minded Lucic either (he'd be long term thought). But I'm happy things went the way they did and we signed Radulov.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Habs don't have the cap room unless something like Deharnais is going back and in the end I don't think another slower player is what's needed in Montreal.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
doesn't matter he has a M-NTC where he can list 12 teams he will accept a deal to. Montreal (and all Canadian clubs) are not on that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad