Nash or Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I have a feeling that people here are picking Ovechkin the same way they'd take what was behind mystery door #2 instead of the Sears and Roebuck Washing Machine. You've seen what the washing machine does, but what if there was a new car behind the mystery door!

Nash, since Nash is doing everything he's done at the NHL level. Hype is hype is hype. Hype won't put goals on the scoreboard like Nash has done almost 20 times this season so far.

Alexander Ovechkin has the same amount of goals in the NHL this year that the Easter Bunny has, just to put it into perspective.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
CSKA said:
aha Nash is better than Ovechkin aha ........ right now ok but in the long term OH PLEASE ! I mean Nash can score goals but can he pass the puck ? He has what ONE Assist ? .. oh je i know bad linemates :dunno:

But je i mean if it comes to ah Crosby - Nash thread ..........Crosby by a mile he :dunno:

Well, Nash just got another assist tonight!

So take that!!

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
HabLover said:
Well, Nash just got another assist tonight!

So take that!!

Which, was almost his 20th goal.

Nash beat the goalie with a wrist shot. Caron got part of it, and as it was about to cross the goal line, Letowski came crashing in and got a stick on it...

People can say Nash only scores goals... but those people probably havnt watch him play this year...

If you watch Nash play, you will see at least 1 or 2 great passes a game. But the problem is no one else on the team is scoring... (DV is, but they dont play together normally.)

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Habs4Life said:
Playmaker??? I don't think so.. Goalscorer? Yes!

I've seen Nash play in person about... maybe 75-80 times. How many times have you seen him play?

His two years in London he was 31-35-66 and 32-40-72. He's one of the finest passers and playmakers I've ever had the privilege to watch.

KariyaIsGod*

Sir Ozzie X said:
Yes, and Todd Marchant and Trevor Letowski are such world class snipers.

He also had his fair share of experience with Tyler Wright. Good god, what a skill player. He has Bure skill..

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
KariyaIsGod said:
He also had his fair share of experience with Tyler Wright. Good god, what a skill player. He has Bure skill..

Let's not forget him playing most of his rookie season with Grant Marshall and Mike Sillinger.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
HabLover said:
Instead of comparing Crosby and Ovechkin, who are two years apart, how about Rick Nash and Alexander Ovechkin.

Who is the better player now and who will be the better player in the future?

Which guy would you build your team around if you had to choose one?
i think a better comparison would be nash and heatly.....

Aver33

Apr 26, 2002
I agree. Hype is hype. What Nash is doing at such a young at in the NHL is amazing. He can only get better from here. In my mind he's more of a complete player and is willing to do anything to become a better player. He can hit if he wants to and isn't afraid to stickup for his teammates if need be. His play also gets better when the game is on the line. He's the type of player that wants the puck when the going get tough.

Nash is more of a scorer than a playmaker for the record.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
CSKA said:
aha Nash is better than Ovechkin aha ........ right now ok but in the long term OH PLEASE ! I mean Nash can score goals but can he pass the puck ? He has what ONE Assist ? .. oh je i know bad linemates :dunno:

But je i mean if it comes to ah Crosby - Nash thread ..........Crosby by a mile he :dunno:

shut the **** up dude. Each time you hear the name of Ovechkin or Kovalchuk you just jump in and say how easely they're better than everyone else. Could you get your hands out of their jock straps for a minute, you're plain annoying.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
ax²+bx+c said:
shut the **** up dude. Each time you hear the name of Ovechkin or Kovalchuk you just jump in and say how easely they're better than everyone else. Could you get your hands out of their jock straps for a minute, you're plain annoying.

drugs ? :dunno:

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
CSKA said:

The beauty of the World Juniors, and one of the reasons I am starting to dislike them, the absudness which comes out in people.

Pro Russian, Pro Canada, Pro USA, so much homerism its sick. This place tends to turn into a cesspool.

Who is better, Nash, Kovalchuk, Crosby? Hell let these kids reach their 25th birthday then have the debate.

Heatly was crowned King of the World last season, but 1 screwup and its all gone, who is next, a 5 game slump and Kovalchuk or Nash are bums?

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
sec17 said:
I've seen Nash play in person about... maybe 75-80 times. How many times have you seen him play?

His two years in London he was 31-35-66 and 32-40-72. He's one of the finest passers and playmakers I've ever had the privilege to watch.

I must agree with you here, Nash was briliant in the Juniors. In his second season when he was in the playoffs was some of the most dominating hockey I have ever seen by one player. I knew Nash was great then and he is only getting better. I only wish he played up here in Canada.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Now that most of the Ovechkin hype-homers have been flushed out, someone needs to do Nash vs. Crosby and see how many people jump ship and vote for the hype rather than the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad