Proposal: Nash/Edm/NyI

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Edmonton- Subban, nyi 2019 2nd rounder

NY Isles- Turris

Nashville- Draisaitl, eberle

Edmonton gets their number 1 D and someone who would help Talbot drastically. They still have a number 2 center in rnh, having him takes the sting of losing Draisaitl away a little.

New York gets their number 2 center for years for someone they might or might not of keep after this season

Nashville while taking a big hit on defense gets a big 1, 2 punch at center. And also gets a upgrade on right winger for at least 1 year.

This is just a fun proposal, don't get your panties in a wad of you don't think it's a good proposal for your team. Just bored and ready for them to drop the puck.. in the meantime...

Reactions: Optimus Reim

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Edmonton- Subban, nyi 2019 2nd rounder

NY Isles- Turris

Nashville- Draisaitl, eberle

Edmonton gets their number 1 D and someone who would help Talbot drastically. They still have a number 2 center in rnh, having him takes the sting of losing Draisaitl away a little.

New York gets their number 2 center for years for someone they might or might not of keep after this season

Nashville while taking a big hit on defense gets a big 1, 2 punch at center. And also gets a upgrade on right winger for at least 1 year.

This is just a fun proposal, don't get your panties in a wad of you don't think it's a good proposal for your team. Just bored and ready for them to drop the puck.. in the meantime...

Only interested in moving soon to be ufas Lee + Eberle is if A) Lou does not want to extend them for some reason or B) Lee/Eberle want to test the market next July.
I do not want to lose the Barzal/Eberle chemistry.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
If we're going for a guy like Turris it would mean that we're trying to compete, in which case I don't see them moving Eberle(unless he just refuses to sign).

Most Isles fans think this will be an evaluation year where Lou will end up selling UFAs at the deadline, getting young guys some NHL experience(Ho-Sang, Bellows, Toews), and improving our draft stock for next year. If Eberle is dealt it will most likely be near the deadline and most likely for futures.

Perhaps they'll look to a guy like Turris in the offseason around draft time. I just don't see this happening before the season unless Eberle wants out AND Lou wants to make a run this year.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
Front the NYI perspective: Eberle has been strong for the Islanders in his play with Barzal, however — I recall during the season that Brazal played well with Andrew Ladd for a short time as well as Beauvillier. It seems somewhat apparent that Barzal makes his line mates better. As such, perhaps that makes a player like Eberle a candidate to be traded. I would not be against it.

That said — as much as the Islanders have a need for a #2 center, I wonder if they are in more need of a top 4 defender (really, they need a top pair defender). So if I am a GM, and I am trading Eberle + for an asset, I wonder if the smarter move would be to bring in a high quality top 4 defender and give Nelson, Kovar, Filpulla a shot at second line center. If the team can compete with a middle of the pack PK, and better team defense, they can always look for a deadline deal to add a center. Impact defenseman tend to be harder to find at the deadline, and lets face it — as exciting as it is to score lots of goals, defense wins championships, and apparently, as we saw last year with the Islanders — scoring 4 goals a night when you are giving up 6 does not make for a winning team!

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I don’t know why the Islanders are even involved in this. It’s basically Subban for Draisaitl, just work around that.

Anyway, no interest in swapping Eberle for Turris.
Agreed... Taking a crack at it....

Subban + 1 of Smith, Hartman, jarnkrok (Edmonton's choice)

Draisaitl + larsson

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I don’t know why the Islanders are even involved in this. It’s basically Subban for Draisaitl, just work around that.

Anyway, no interest in swapping Eberle for Turris.
Just thought the isles are in need of a 2c and giving up a winger and a 2nd for a 2c would be good for you guys. Plus if Nashville did trade subban for Draisaitl they would have to get rid of turris. NY was the first team I thought of for a 2c.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just thought the isles are in need of a 2c and giving up a winger and a 2nd for a 2c would be good for you guys. Plus if Nashville did trade subban for Draisaitl they would have to get rid of turris. NY was the first team I thought of for a 2c.
Pretty sure they're going with Beauvillier as #2C.

And what's with the repeated attempts to ditch Subban?

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
During the season, Eberle made a comment abour hoping for an extension.
The 2019 draft in heavy on centers. Isles likely come out of that draft with a high end, center prospect.
I would rather keep Eberle ,unless his extension demands are ridiculous.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Nashville trades Subban and Turris for Draisaitl and Eberle??

Absolutely not.
It's all in fun but for an argument point subban(1D) for Draisaitl(1C) would be somewhat fair. I get not wanting to lose subban but if a team could lose a 1D and still be alright it would be us. Plus a 22 year old 1C would be nice to have. Not taking anything away from Joey but Draisaitl is a upgrade at center. Might of sold turris short though. Edmonton could survive without Draisaitl because they have Rnh to be in that 2c spot and get a major upgrade on D

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pretty bad for NSH. People don’t realize how good Subban is I guess. They give up a top pairing Defensman and Top six Center for a top six Center and a UFA top 6 winger.

Reactions: triggrman

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

It's conversation between fans. It's all fun. I'm just spit ballin. I don't wanna get rid of subban he just has the most value on our team so I'm throwing out proposal that would benefit us in the long run as well as now. If we did this our top 6 would be 26 and younger and that's Joey. Just bored I guess lol

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia

Many of us Islanders fans are interested to see what Euro Jan Kovar can do and if he could be our #2C. Right now the Islanders have 14/16 forwards but still have a very unclear middle of the line-up because of the #2c position. I would think the current lines look like

X - Barzal - Eberle
Lee - X - Bailey
X - X - X
X - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

With X being some combination of Beaullivier, Kovar, Nelson, Komorov, Ladd, Fillipula, Martin, Johnston or Kühnhackl. With maybe after a great camp Ho-Sang and Bellows thrown in. so thats 9-11 players for 6 spots plus a 13th forward.

Reactions: Viqsi

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

Beau might be LW, honestly it's hard to predict our roster at the moment. But anyway... surprised Isles fans are meh on Turris, Ebs and a second for a locked in 2C is pretty good.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Beauvillier is more likely to be Barzal's LW than the #2C. Brock Nelson and Jan Kovar are more likely options for that spot. Seems like Nelson is not in the future plans so it's probable he's showcased and then the reigns are handed over to Kovar who is coming over from the KHL. Kovar is waiver exempt so it is an option to start him out in the AHL if it comes to that.

The long term #2C is likely coming via the 2019 draft. This is a Subban for Draisaitl swap, better to leave the Isles out of this one.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This might sound weird with him being 29 but Subban is a bit too old for me to be comfortable parting with Drai for. How many prime years does he have left? 3? 4?

If I'm dealing a 22-23 year old Draisaitl, I need a #1 Dman in his mid 20s or younger. It's very tempting though but just can't do it.

Reactions: McVespa99

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Interesting. Isles should throw in a 2nd (already without their own 2nd and any 3rds and 4ths in this draft) for possibly the worst player in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad