Proposal: Nash-Car

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not commenting on value of the proposal as the players from NSH are clearly better right now than the players from Carolina. I just don't see Carolina taking on that much salary / future salary at this juncture, especially with 2 of the players being UFAs in 1-2 years. If Carolina was a team that was flush with cash, maybe something like this would be doable. Of course, if Carolina was a team that was flush with cash, they probably wouldn't have the cap space to make a deal like this.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Ryan Ellis, Kyle Turris and Craig Smith for Noah Hanifin and Elias Lindholm.

This solves zero of Carolina's current issues (#1C/#1G) and gives away two of their biggest trading chips. I wouldn't trade either Hanifin or Lindholm alone for this package without Ellis committing to a reasonable extension (at which point Nashville would just re-sign him). It is just antithetical to what the Canes need to be trading for.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
This solves zero of Carolina's current issues (#1C/#1G) and gives away two of their biggest trading chips. I wouldn't trade either Hanifin or Lindholm alone for this package without Ellis committing to a reasonable extension (at which point Nashville would just re-sign him). It is just antithetical to what the Canes need to be trading for.
Eh Turris attempts to solve the #1C, though he's ideally a #2, but yeah, not a fan of trading Hanifin for this same way I'm not a fan of trading him for O'Reilly, yet alone throwing in Lindholm as well.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Eh Turris attempts to solve the #1C, though he's ideally a #2, but yeah, not a fan of trading Hanifin for this same way I'm not a fan of trading him for O'Reilly, yet alone throwing in Lindholm as well.

Seems like if Carolina wanted to pry Turris out of Nashville it would cost something more along the lines of Faulk. Not sure why they would be interested in a 29 year old, $6 million 50-55 point C though. Could probably get Brassard out of Pittsburgh for much cheaper (and personally I like Brassard's game more). If Hanifin + Lindholm are headed the other way then a stud, young #1C need to be headed back.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Pretty bad for Nashville. They lose the two best players in this deal. Easy no for both teams imo.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
No, based on age and where the Canes are in their rebuild. Canes would be trading players that at the start of next season will be 21 and 24 years old for players who will be 27, 29, and 29. If things go as planned I see the Canes making the playoffs next season but taking a couple more years beyond that before becoming a legit Cup challenger. And 2 to 3 years out, when we have (hopefully) hit a "sweet spot", a trade like this would likely hurt our chances more than help them.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
This makes Nashville a worse team. We lose a top pairing RHD defenseman, a no.2 center and a top 6 winger and only bring back a top 4 LHD and a top 6 winger/center. We're essentially giving away a free 20goal 50 point player while our window for the cup is as wide as it's going to be.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
This makes Nashville a worse team. We lose a top pairing RHD defenseman, a no.2 center and a top 6 winger and only bring back a top 4 LHD and a top 6 winger/center. We're essentially giving away a free 20goal 50 point player while our window for the cup is as wide as it's going to be.

Yeah, your window is now, when your guys would help you the most, ours is a couple of years down the road, where our guys would likely help us the most.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Would you do it if we signed Tavares?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad