Confirmed with Link: Naoko Funayama let go by NESN

bigcat188

Nov 24, 2011
Cape Cod
NESN Sux's maybe over the summer they can get the flys out of the overhead camera?
They were only there all season.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
NESN Sux's maybe over the summer they can get the flys out of the overhead camera?
They were only there all season.

I don't think that's NESN's fault, I remember seeing a ton of flies during these playoffs (NBC/CBC). But yeah NESN blows aside from Pedersen and a few other former players (not named Mowers).

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I thought she improved each season and seemed like a good person, but I think Rob Simpson was a hard act to follow--at least for me. I really liked his sideline reporting.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2013/06/naoko_funayama_let_go_by_nesn.html

EDIT: this is already being discussed in tv/radio thread...mods feel free to merge or delete.

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!! Sweet woman I'm sure, but one of the worst interviewers and she just flat out knows zero about hockey, or at least way less than a sideline reporter for an NHL team should know. I'm praying they bring in someone with a great understanding of the game.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'll at least give her credit for asking decent questions in press conferences. And who could forget her contributions when the Daisuke came to town. :laugh:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Hello, Leah Hextall.....she did come from TSN..I'm guessing she didn't leave TSN to do that god awful NESN Daily or whatever its called now

She would seem to be a natural choice, being in-house, the hockey pedigree, etc. I'd welcome back Rob "Rubber Biscuit" Simpson, thought I'm not sure of his current or future gigs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->