Confirmed with Link: Naoko Funayama let go by NESN

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Charissa Thompson was on Sportsnation the other day trashing Pierre McGuire for taking her job and saying how much she misses sideline reporting for hockey. I'll personally fly her out here :naughty:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
By all accounts she was a good person. Players and co-workers seem genuinely upset. I didn't mind her at all. I actually found the lack of hockey knowledge and general awkwardness a little cute. Less robotic than someone typically in that position. At the same time there were probably far too many cringe worthy moments. Especially when she would fumble through cliches given to her by Ward. Ofen misinterpreting them and relaying that information on air OR trying to quote him word for word with a strange pausing/repeating. Honestly, not surprising that she was let go.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I don't dislike her or even hold any distaste toward the interviews as I rarely ever saw them ...

...but WOW how did that go on that long?

See has to be an awesome person or would have been let go long ago.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Charissa Thompson was on Sportsnation the other day trashing Pierre McGuire for taking her job and saying how much she misses sideline reporting for hockey. I'll personally fly her out here :naughty:

Too bad she's going to Fox Sports. Because I like her. She knows her ****.

Tappyn!!!!

Please?

Would she leave NHL Network though? She left NESN once already. Don't see her coming back.

I'll miss Naoko. People gave her a lot of unwanted hate. She did her job, and the players responded to her well. I preferred her over Rob Simpson.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I really never saw why such venom was sent in Naoko`s direction. With the duties she had, EVERYONE who now steps in will be asked to ask the same cliche questions, get the same ole cliche player/coach responses.

I`m sorry, watch CBC/Sportsnet/TSN down here, their between periods are exactly the same, Elliot Freidman and Co asking what everyone asks:

Freidman "How do you get the offense going"

Players "we just gotta chip those pucks in deep, be hard on the forecheck, get shots to the net"

Yeah, riveting stuff

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Simmer was great. Still owes me a chocolate chip cookie too.

He would never do it because he's got an ideal position now, but I think Tom Caron would be a great guy for the job.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
never have been a fan of Naoko but wish her luck. Players seemed to like her. Claude, in general pressers, seemed to smile when she asked a question. probably familiarity.

however, and maybe I'm wrong here, but has NESN lost a fair amount of good talent over the last 5 years? Not just on air people, but behind the scenes... this year I felt like there must have been a rookier cameraman or something. Seemed like they didn't know where the puck was.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Naoko or not, that gig is a fluff job to begin with.
Fluff questions and/or pointing out the obvious and getting cliche answers back.
Yawn. I'd rather watch the Zambonis and/or crowd panning at the intermissions.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Dale: "Let's go to Naoko Funayama with Bruins winger Dennis Seidenberg."

Naoko: "Dennis, is it hard to see the puck when it's moving so fast? Does blocking shots hurt?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad