Confirmed with Link: Namestnikov to COL for 2021 4th rd pick

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It’s 2021 so you who knows. Col might pull a 2018 Sens or 2020 SJ. Either way at least we didn’t move down a round. I’m not blown away by any means but at least the people who complained about trading a pick for Names can shut up now since it’s a wash.
It's not a wash, it was a completely pointless trade in which we likely move down 20 spots and lost a guy like Ebert, all while spending ~2 million on a guy we didn't need in any way whatsoever. It's a problematic approach that seems to lack foresight.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
was hoping for a 3rd but glad it's a pick in 2021... we don't need anymore late rounders this year

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Kept Bath in minors to perculate.
We could have kept Bath down regardless...we had Boedker in the pressbox already and guys like Veranneau/Davidsson/etc. in and out of the lineup in Belleville who could have filled Boedker's role in the pressbox.

I don't care about giving up a 4th or only getting back a 4th, that's what Namestikov is worth. I care about the seemingly lack of foresight and direction we have.

Reactions: BatherSeason

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We could have kept Bath down regardless...we had Boedker in the pressbox already and guys like Veranneau/Davidsson/etc. in and out of the lineup in Belleville who could have filled Boedker's role in the pressbox.
People complain a lot about the smallest things here.

Reactions: derriko and Xspyrit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It wasn't completely pointless.

We needed warm bodies in the line-up for this season.
We have Boedker sitting in the pressbox making 4.5 million who has been healthy all year and has played 11 games, we had Verraneau/Davidsson in the pressbox in the AHL. We had/have tons of bodies to fill our forward lineup, we didn't need to spend 2 million on Namestikov when we have a guy in Boedker riding the pine who we could have just inserted. .

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We have Boedker sitting in the pressbox making 4.5 million who has been healthy all year and has played 11 games, we had Verraneau/Davidsson in the pressbox in the AHL. We had/have tons of bodies to fill our forward lineup, we didn't need to spend 2 million on Namestikov when we have a guy in Boedker riding the pine who we could have just inserted. .

I think Boedker is bad for player development.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He's terrible.

Putting him on the ice is counter-productive if you're trying to teach kids how to play hockey.
We are actively dressing Scott Sabourin....don't think dressing Boedker hurts any one elses development the same way Sabourin isn't hurting anyone else's development

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I would say the trade also gives Namestnikov a taste of the team and city in case they want to look at him again on July 1

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I'm surprised that's all he returned, but I'm not upset.

He took a chance at a buy low player and got a similar return. It's not like he went all in on a rental. I'm ok with taking these chances in a rebuilding season. If he got a third, all of a sudden it would have been good asset management?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It's not a wash, it was a completely pointless trade in which we likely move down 20 spots and lost a guy like Ebert, all while spending ~2 million on a guy we didn't need in any way whatsoever. It's a problematic approach that seems to lack foresight.

On the one hand sure

On the other hand, we've have had a good 60 games where we are in hockey games chasing a 1 goal deficit in the 3rd. Protecting a 1 goal lead in the 3rd. In many respects the competitiveness of this years team has been good for the younger guys...and Namestikov played a role in that

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
While he lacks a brain, hands, skating ability or skill, at least he has a heart.

And who cares how many minutes he gets.
Who cares how many minutes Boedker gets? He's in the lineup now for the rest of the season, what's the difference?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Pretty sure we didn't get a depth dman back as well, and the pick will be lower than ours, so its not really a wash.
We unloaded a 300K AHL contract which is added value for the Sens not giving more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad