Names for new Seattle team

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Seattle NHL.png

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Is metropolitans out of the question?
I doubt they will go with the name just because of the Metropolitan division. They could always just rename the division, but that would make TO MUCH SENSE... So it'll probably be some other name. They most certainly should honor that team in some fashion though in the arena or in the rafters as they were the first American team to ever win the Stanley Cup.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Seattle Reign
That's already the name of Seattle's professional women's soccer team. They would also likely need to get naming rights from the Ontario Reign (AHL).

I agree it would be great and that professional women's soccer is very low profile, but it would still mean having two pro teams in the same city with the same name.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
-Seattle Storm
-Seattle Thunder, when they play Tampa it’ll be the Thunder and the Lightning
-Seattle Spire, they could use the Space Needle as their logo
-Or, considering the expected rivalry with Vancouver, Seattle Whalers
-or just go simple, Seattle Hockey Players

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Seattle Whalers. Would there be backlash from old Hartford fans?
Yes there would be.

it's too bad because the logo and color scheme makes a lot of sense for the area.

Sockeyes is really lame imo. What the hell is intimidating about a freaking salmon?

Adam Banks

May 16, 2011
Orange County, CA
Right now, there are:

9 team names that at least reference an animal - Bruins, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Penguins, Devils, Predators, Wild, Ducks, Sharks.

The other 22 don't.

I think Seattle will opt for an animal-based team name.

Seattle Grizzles (already the name of a local Aussie football team, but....they can change :p:)

Seattle Bucks (hey, double meaning!)

Seattle Golden Eagles
Add the coyotes to your animal list and remove the Blue Jackets. The Columbus team is not an animal reference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad