Jun 29, 2016

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1543945573741.jpg
    FB_IMG_1543945573741.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 31

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Kraken makes no sense geographically, but would be such a great name.

I've wanted the Seattle Admirals since 2009 when I did a project in high school for NHL expansion, so I'm continually partial to that name :)

For the love of all that's holy, please don't use Sockeyes or Totems. Mostly the latter, but the former just sounds silly, regardless of relevance to the city.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
"a lawyer representing Oak View Group, the expansion applicant, registered 38 different domains involving these names:
Seattle Cougars, Seattle Eagles, Seattle Emeralds, Seattle Evergreens, Seattle Firebirds, Seattle Kraken, Seattle Rainiers, Seattle Renegades, Seattle Sea Lions, Seattle Seals, Seattle Sockeyes, Seattle Totems and Seattle Whalers."

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
The Penguins came about because the civic arena looked like an igloo. So if Seattle builds an arena shaped like a ship, and there is an octopus hugging it, go with Kraken.

Ah yes, all those Antarctic igloos...

I'm not saying Pittsburgh shouldn't be called the penguins, just that your logic of Kraken being a North Atlantic thing and thus a bad Seattle name equally applies to Pittsburgh penguins. And the arena name Igloo doesn't change that.

Penguins are found in the Antarctic. Pittsburgh is not. Igloos are found in the Arctic, the furthest place in the world from the Antarctic. That's even further than Seattle is from the North Atlantic!

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Kraken makes no sense geographically, but would be such a great name.

I've wanted the Seattle Admirals since 2009 when I did a project in high school for NHL expansion, so I'm continually partial to that name :)

For the love of all that's holy, please don't use Sockeyes or Totems. Mostly the latter, but the former just sounds silly, regardless of relevance to the city.
Why not Totems?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->