Name your shootout team

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
if you had to win the shootout to save your life and could pick any 3 guys and you don't have Lemieux on your list you're crazy, get off on Russian roulette or suicidal.

no-one in their right mind picking 3 guys from anyone who has played to be on your shoot-out roster would'nt pick Lemieux. Your other 2 picks can be open to debate,Lemieux should be automatic on everyones list.

I just always remember, unbeaten penalty shot record vs unbeaten penalty shot record. Lemieux vs Ranford. Ranford wins.

And, when talking about names like Morenz, Hull, Richard etc, Lemieux doesn't have much of an edge...

KOVALEV10*

I just always remember, unbeaten penalty shot record vs unbeaten penalty shot record. Lemieux vs Ranford. Ranford wins.

And, when talking about names like Morenz, Hull, Richard etc, Lemieux doesn't have much of an edge...

haha Morenz... Brett Hull

Morenz wouldnt even be able to score in the nhl if he were to play nowadays. Goalies were freakin pylons back then.

Hull was one of the worse players on penalty shots. He's never scored a penalty shot goal in this career.

Lemieux was definately one of the best on one on one situations. Bure was another.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
haha Morenz... Brett Hull

Morenz wouldnt even be able to score in the nhl if he were to play nowadays. Goalies were freakin pylons back then.

Hull was one of the worse players on penalty shots. He's never scored a penalty shot goal in this career.

Lemieux was definately one of the best on one on one situations. Bure was another.

Bobby, not Brett. One is great on set plays, the other is the greatest goal scorer of all time.

If scoring was so easy in Morenz days, then why was it that he was a point per game player in seasons where the average GAA was under 2.0?

espo*

I don't get the ranford example here,maybe you can explain more.

Morenz,Hull and Richard i can't speak about very much(who here can?) because that was really before my time.What i have seen of them on film though(Morenz i've never seen period) if you were to pick them ahead of Lemieux,i seriousely have to question why you would do that.

Bottom line is that no-one had as many gifts coming down alone on a goalie to beat them then Lemieux and i stand by that as i saw him do it a thousand times and with ease on the best netminders there was.The hands,stickhandling,hellish shot that could be put anywhere there was net,the reach and ability to freeze goaltenders...........to challenge them to make their move first!! are all unparraled in all my years watching hockey.

How he is not automatic to anyone that watched him play is really beyond me.He is a complete no brainer iMO..............complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->