Name the Olympic Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You can slag me for being a homer all you want, but after seeing some of the Canada orientation camp and the World Championships, I'm not sold on Heatley going. I'd much rather have Patrick Marleau. he got no press because he was pretty much on the checking line by default, but he won faceoffs and generated decent offense.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Den said:
I thought it is Kharitonov-Dats-SU is a sure lock for the first line most of all because that's what the coach wants.
Kharitonov - Pascha - The Tsar Sushinsky is pretty much set as the first line imo

Yureeka47*

The Russian team always looks weak.. They can never put out their best players. I want Malakhov (incredible in international tournaments) I want Zubov, I want Zhitnik, I want Kasparaitis... Why is Volchenkov even making the team?! Why doesn't Mogilny want to play? I want Zhamnov I want Tverdosky... This sucks.
And who the hell is Kharitonov!?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
mattihp said:
Kharitonov - Pascha - The Tsar Sushinsky is pretty much set as the first line imo

yeah but since that Pasha signed with Avangard, and I'm persuaded Krikunov's plans changed

besides, he's the head coach, not the the GM, and granted how Dynamo has played so far, only Sushinsky will represent Dynamo at the Olympics

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Yureeka47 said:
The Russian team always looks weak.. They can never put out their best players. I want Malakhov (incredible in international tournaments) I want Zubov, I want Zhitnik, I want Kasparaitis... Why is Volchenkov even making the team?! Why doesn't Mogilny want to play? I want Zhamnov I want Tverdosky... This sucks.
And who the hell is Kharitonov!?

:biglaugh: And what the hell are you doing on this board?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Yureeka47 said:
what the hell are u doing alive? LOLZ OMGZ UR SOZ FUNNY LYK OMGz

Whatever. My gripe is that people could be a little bit more knowledgable/doing some homework when they post. Like checking Mogilny's, Zhitnik's and Kasper's age. Their recent stats. Or drumming up some info on Kharitonov before asking a joke of a question.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
medmed said:
Zetterberg instead of Naslund on Forsberg's wing? :dunno:

i guess that guys train of thought is/was because those 3 guys played well as a line in the SEL Last year they will keep them together.

Beyond that i don't think Nilsson will make the team.

For Finland, where is the Ninnimaa love?

For Canadas, since Peca is canada's new sweetheart because he was traded to edmonton(how come he got no praise when he was on the islanders????) he will most likely make it over Draper.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
boredmale said:
i guess that guys train of thought is/was because those 3 guys played well as a line in the SEL Last year they will keep them together.

Beyond that i don't think Nilsson will make the team.

For Finland, where is the Ninnimaa love?
You do seem a bit uninterested in international play/play outside the NHL ;)

Zetterberg played on Timrå, while Forsberg played on modo. Weinhandl also played on modo, but played on the Sedins wing most of the time.

Näslund just doesn't seem magic on international ice, and the chemistry with Foppa seems gone.

And Niinimaa has no spot on a finnish team that wants to win, after the night of five blunders, or the whining during the world cup which made Finland lose their only coach that had a winning instinct, and now we're stuck with Erkka "winning isn't that important" Westerlund, who makes finnish players look like a heartless bunch who tries their best not to win.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
mattihp said:
Zetterberg played on Timrå, while Forsberg played on modo. Weinhandl also played on modo, but played on the Sedins wing most of the time.

all reports i read said Weinhandl benefitted playing with Forsburg on his way to leading the league in goals. I thought Zetterberg was the third man on that unit.

mattihp said:
And Niinimaa has no spot on a finnish team that wants to win, after the night of five blunders, or the whining during the world cup which made Finland lose their only coach that had a winning instinct, and now we're stuck with Erkka "winning isn't that important" Westerlund, who makes finnish players look like a heartless bunch who tries their best not to win.

I know parts of the finnish story, but i assume a new fininish coach would want Ninnimaa(since in my humble opinion he is definantly one of the top 6 defensemen there.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
boredmale said:
all reports i read said Weinhandl benefitted playing with Forsburg on his way to leading the league in goals. I thought Zetterberg was the third man on that unit.
At times Weinhandl played with Forsberg, but mostly with the sedins. And Zetterberg played on a different team.

I know parts of the finnish story, but i assume a new fininish coach would want Ninnimaa(since in my humble opinion he is definantly one of the top 6 defensemen there.
Westerlund would be even less liked by the finnish public would he put Niinimaa on the ice. But then again. Erkka doesn't like to win, so maybe he wants Jaana out there to lose the games for Finland.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
mattihp said:
and now we're stuck with Erkka "winning isn't that important" Westerlund, who makes finnish players look like a heartless bunch who tries their best not to win.

Arent you analysing our coach? Since he took over, the team plays like they had their hearts taken out before the game or something. :dunno:

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden should be top3 with these players. But since it's a bit of lottery with one game i quarterfinals and so on, you bever know...

Modin - Forsberg - Näslund

Zetterberg - Sundin - Alfredsson

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Huselius

M. Nilson - Påhlsson - J. Jönsson

Holmström

Lidström
Norström
K. Johnsson
Tallinder
Bäckman
Tärnström
N. Kronwall

Lundqvist
Hedberg
Tellqvist

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
B Boarding said:
Sweden should be top3 with these players. But since it's a bit of lottery with one game i quarterfinals and so on, you bever know...

Modin - Forsberg - Näslund

Zetterberg - Sundin - Alfredsson

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Huselius

M. Nilson - Påhlsson - J. Jönsson

Holmström

Lidström
Norström
K. Johnsson
Tallinder
Bäckman
Tärnström
N. Kronwall

Lundqvist
Hedberg
Tellqvist

No Ohlund????? :eek:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
My take on Sweden... Just for laughs ^^

Näslund - Sundin - Forsberg - Risky to put them on the same line, but what if it clicks

Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg

Modin - PÃ¥hlsson - Alfie

Axelsson - Nilson - Holmström

Holmqvist
Nylander/Hedström

Norström - Lidström
Jönsson - Johnsson
Öhlund - Bäckman

Kronwall

Lundqvist
Hedberg

Holmqvist

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Koltsov said:
No Ohlund????? :eek:

Oh sorry! Of course he's on the team. He's definately our no 3 d-man. Ragnarsson and Kenny Jönsson could challange for spots if they get many games with the national team before the Olympics.

Lidström - Norström

Öhlund - Kronwall

K. Johnsson - Tallinder/Bäckman

Looks pretty solid to me...

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
mattihp said:
My take on Sweden... Just for laughs ^^

Näslund - Sundin - Forsberg - Risky to put them on the same line, but what if it clicks

Sedin - Sedin - Zetterberg

Modin - PÃ¥hlsson - Alfie

Axelsson - Nilson - Holmström

Holmqvist
Nylander/Hedström

Norström - Lidström
Jönsson - Johnsson
Öhlund - Bäckman

Kronwall

Lundqvist
Hedberg

Holmqvist

I really like your 1st line!! :) Probably the best line any nation could put on the ice!?

But I don't think Z fits with Sedins. They need a scoring powerforward to optimize their output....

Forsberg - Sundin - Näslund

Huselius - Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Sedin - Sedin - Modin

M. Nilson - PÃ¥hlsson - Axelsson

Holmström

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
B Boarding said:
I really like your 1st line!! :) Probably the best line any nation could put on the ice!?

But I don't think Z fits with Sedins. They need a scoring powerforward to optimize their output....

Forsberg - Sundin - Näslund

Huselius - Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Sedin - Sedin - Modin

M. Nilson - PÃ¥hlsson - Axelsson

Holmström
I don't like the likes of Huselius ahead of Daniel Sedin.

The Sedins are some of the best players sweden got and should be given the respect they deserve. Swedes seem to dislike them because they exemplify the swedish play.

And Canada could ice a better line ;)
Remember that Iginla is now the world's best player ahead of mr. Forsberg ^^

Lemieux - Thornton - Iginla
St.Louis - Richards - Heatley
Sakic - Lecavalier - Bertuzzi
Gagné - Draper - Doan

^^ now that'd be interesting to see :D

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
mattihp said:
I don't like the likes of Huselius ahead of Daniel Sedin.

The Sedins are some of the best players sweden got and should be given the respect they deserve. Swedes seem to dislike them because they exemplify the swedish play.

And Canada could ice a better line ;)
Remember that Iginla is now the world's best player ahead of mr. Forsberg ^^

Lemieux - Thornton - Iginla
St.Louis - Richards - Heatley
Sakic - Lecavalier - Bertuzzi
Gagné - Draper - Doan

^^ now that'd be interesting to see :D

Yeah, they have four great lines. Arguably the best team in the world. But I don't think their first line is better then your swedish no. 1. Iggy is ahead of Forsberg just because of Foppas injury history. A fit Forsberg is the best player in the world and I think most people will agree about that. Näslund is the highest scoring winger in NHL this decade and Sundin...well with your Finnish heritage you know what that man is capable of when it matters the most :) There is no other player in the world I'd rather have on the ice in a gamedeciding situation! OK, Näslund suck in the national team but playing alongside Sundin would make him his normal self I think.

Actually I think Huselius is more underrated than Sedins. Huselius has always performed well in the national team, he benefits from the bigger ice-surface and his performance last season was just outstanding. Sure the Sedins are underrated, but they are not better than Huselius IMO. I think all three will have breakout seasons in the NHL this season.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Yureeka47 said:
The Russian team always looks weak..

As I remember correctly Russia is the only country who took two medals from the last two Olympics.

As for Kharitonov - Datsyuk - Sushinsky, I don't think Krikunov will go with what he hadn't chance to try and see. From another side the line Kharitonov - Taratukhin - Sushinsky was the best for Russia at the EHT and I guess there might be a temptation simply to replace Taratukhin with Datsyuk and put them to the Olympic roster. Hope that won't happen. Kharitonov is a good and very fast player but not in the league of players that Russia may offer on the left wing.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
B Boarding said:
Yeah, they have four great lines. Arguably the best team in the world. But I don't think their first line is better then your swedish no. 1. Iggy is ahead of Forsberg just because of Foppas injury history. A fit Forsberg is the best player in the world and I think most people will agree about that. Näslund is the highest scoring winger in NHL this decade and Sundin...well with your Finnish heritage you know what that man is capable of when it matters the most :) There is no other player in the world I'd rather have on the ice in a gamedeciding situation! OK, Näslund suck in the national team but playing alongside Sundin would make him his normal self I think.
Iginla is ahead of Forsberg because he does not have injury woes, sure. But when was the last time we saw super-duper Forsberg playing in a national team jersey?

Näslund has to put it mildly, sucked it up in international play.

Actually I think Huselius is more underrated than Sedins. Huselius has always performed well in the national team, he benefits from the bigger ice-surface and his performance last season was just outstanding. Sure the Sedins are underrated, but they are not better than Huselius IMO. I think all three will have breakout seasons in the NHL this season.
Sedins have already had a couple of breakout seasons and I don't foresee them becoming any better, or more liked by the swedes.

Huselius does not belong on an olympic roster, his complete disinterest to do anything defensive on the ice is a bad message to send to the younger players, as is his utter existense on such a roster.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
mattihp said:
Iginla is ahead of Forsberg because he does not have injury woes, sure. But when was the last time we saw super-duper Forsberg playing in a national team jersey?

Näslund has to put it mildly, sucked it up in international play.

Sedins have already had a couple of breakout seasons and I don't foresee them becoming any better, or more liked by the swedes.

Huselius does not belong on an olympic roster, his complete disinterest to do anything defensive on the ice is a bad message to send to the younger players, as is his utter existense on such a roster.
Have some swedes been mean to you mattihp ?

In the last three ? days you have in some way bashed the following swedes:

Forsberg
Näslund
Samuelsson
Wallin
Sedins x 2
Huselius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad