Name the Kesler-Sedin-Sedin Line!

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
I went with Beast Modo... in casual conversation I would likely hit the Hank, Dank and the Yank, but during game play, Beast Modo works far better.

True North

Jan 10, 2006
Vancouver
Considering the Sedins (or at least Schneider on their behalf) have come out publicly against usage of the word ginger, I don't think anything containing that term is an appropriate nickname.

Ginger is an interesting word - one that used to be relatively harmless, but in recent years has taken on a distinctly discriminatory tone. I'm generally opposed to political correctness, but considering the players themselves have said they do not like it, I'm inclined to respect that wish and not call them gingers, just like I wouldn't call them the sisters. Frankly I'm a little surprised that 1040 is going so heavy on the this, you'd expect a corporate organization to be a little more mindful.

Not to suggest the word combination isn't clever though. But my vote is for BeastModo.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
This just in according to Team1040 Kesler is a fan of the nickname "Rye and Ginger"

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Am I the only one that finds this rush to name every line that plays a few games together a little childish and silly? And forced?

Used to be these things developed organically for lines that spent *years* playing together. Now if a line is together for 3 games everyone is rushing to christen them with some stupid pun.

Castle1*

OTHER

The "Canuck SKS" line. A take off of the iconic Russian battle rifle.

The SKS is a Soviet semi-automatic carbine chambered for the 7.62×39mm round, designed in 1943 by Sergei Gavrilovich Simonov. Its complete designation, SKS-45, is an initialism for Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova, 1945 (Russian: Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова, 1945; Self-loading Carbine of (the) Simonov system, 1945), or SKS 45.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Beastmodo is so sick. It's short and to the point. I really like hank, dank and the yank as well, but that's a little bit too long to use when referring to them often. When they are killing it, you just wanna yell out BEASTMODO.

If you are just casually talking to some friends about the game then hank, dank and the yank works as well. I like both for different uses. :handclap:

Beastmodo just has that fierce quality attached to it.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Am I the only one that finds this rush to name every line that plays a few games together a little childish and silly? And forced?

Used to be these things developed organically for lines that spent *years* playing together. Now if a line is together for 3 games everyone is rushing to christen them with some stupid pun.

They are awesome players and they are playing well together. I think most of the names are pretty painful and forced usually, but beastmodo has a sick ring to it. It just makes sense which is the most important part.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I think it would have to be Beast Modo. I personally am not a fan of naming lines unless they become legendary franchise lines, like the West Coast Express.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I think it would have to be Beast Modo. I personally am not a fan of naming lines unless they become legendary franchise lines, like the West Coast Express.

Was there ever a name fore Daniel/Hank/Burr, or was it just "The Sedin Line"?

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Was there ever a name fore Daniel/Hank/Burr, or was it just "The Sedin Line"?

Just the Sedin line. I was never partial to having to give lines name, especially when they get juggled around frequently. Some of the best though were the WCE, GAG line, Punch line, Kraut line, and who could forget the Pizza line, gotta have the Grind Line, Triple Crown, KLM, Russian Five, my personal favourite Brothers Line - Sedins + Carter.

RPM line was shortlived, but definitely had potential.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Just the Sedin line. I was never partial to having to give lines name, especially when they get juggled around frequently. Some of the best though were the WCE, GAG line, Punch line, Kraut line, and who could forget the Pizza line, gotta have the Grind Line, Triple Crown, KLM, Russian Five, my personal favourite Brothers Line - Sedins + Carter.

RPM line was shortlived, but definitely had potential.

Only ones I recognize. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->