OT: Name the fictitious Montreal NBA and NFL expansion teams

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
If Montreal was awarded and NBA and NFL expansion franchise, what do you think the team names would be?

For the NBA, I think Montreal Royales has a nice ring to it. In English it would be pronounced Roy-Al.

For the NFL, Montreal Marauders feels like a good football team name. Of course, in French "maraudeur "is the name for the safety.

What do you think it would be?

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
If Montreal was awarded and NBA and NFL expansion franchise, what do you think the team names would be?

For the NBA, I think Montreal Royales has a nice ring to it. In English it would be pronounced Roy-Al.

For the NFL, Montreal Marauders feels like a good football team name. Of course, in French "maraudeur "is the name for the safety.

What do you think it would be?
I can't get behind a name linked to the monarchy.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
For NBA I would follow the trend of the other Canadian teams, so Montreal Moose or Montreal Black Bears, since BC is full of Grizzlies and Ontario has a velociraptor infestation, might as well stick to Quebec’s common wild animals.

Reactions: Hoochi Papa

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
NBA : Les gangs de rues (I might go to hell for this one)
NFL : Les Rouge (the name of the CFL's extra point when you kick it out of the end zone as mocked by the Americans)

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
French traditionally love monarchy, just read the history books. :sarcasm:
They certainly loved getting rid of them 3 times. Which also means they brought them back twice.

Also, I have no problem with monarchy as a concept of the past and a system that played its role. I hate the monarchy that still lives today. I especially hate that Canada is still subject to it in some ways. An absurd system in today's world.

Reactions: HabsQC

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
They certainly loved getting rid of them 3 times. Which also means they brought them back twice.

Also, I have no problem with monarchy as a concept of the past and a system that played its role. I hate the monarchy that still lives today. I especially hate that Canada is still subject to it in some ways. An absurd system in today's world.
It just got replaced with an oligarchy. Not much difference for us poors.

Reactions: DAChampion

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
NBA: Les Youpi. Why else would have he been designed?

NFL: Les Arches de St Louis. They'll be relocated before the first coin toss, no money in Montreal for the NFL and St Louis love their French heritage

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
NBA : Les gangs de rues (I might go to hell for this one)
NFL : Les Rouge (the name of the CFL's extra point when you kick it out of the end zone as mocked by the Americans)

I don't get the name for the NBA team .
What does it mean and why would you be going to hell for it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad