WJC: Name the Author/the Novel that Feels Canada is going to win the WJR's

• Thread starter OttawaRoughRiderFan*
  • Start date

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I am going to start my first thread - don't worry it will be my last. I am just bored. Beside, it is different and there are worse threads out there.

The following is a quote from a famous novel considered to be one of the greats of the last 100 years. I have modified it (slightly) to reflect the fact that Canada will win the WJR's. I have left the LAST line unchanged to help Posters figure out who/what it is.

Name the Author/Book and win a prize!!! (* Okay, okay, there is NO prize but I am hoping to catch someone attention. *)

The Quote...

It makes no difference what Posters think of Canada, said the judge. Canada endures. As well ask Posters what they think of stone. Canada was always here. Before the U.S. was, Canada waited for it. The ultimate Team awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be....

Canada is the ultimate Team because Canada is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god.

As for me, I did not enjoy the book - too difficult a read for my pea brain, too violent and boring but, like I said, it is considered one of the greats of the last century.

Hints...

i) It will be a movie in 2012 - although, I don't think it will translate, and if it does, it will NOT be good.

ii) A Best Picture was based on one of this authors other books.

iii) "Every man has a scalp!"

iv) Canada will win the WJR's.

v) The Author won the Pulitzer for a novel that was on Oprah's Favourites List

Okay... so who is the Author? What is the book?

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I'll take Cormac McCarthy and the "Blood Meridian" for 500, Alex.

Hi RangerRed,

Hey!!!! You did it!!!! Good for you. :)

LOL!!!

My first thread and I feared no one would read/answer it.

Did you read the book yourself and, if you did, what did you think?

:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->