Status
Not open for further replies.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
I had the pleasure of seeing Bobby Orr play and even though I am a Bruins fan to the core I would have loved to see Maurice Richard play - to see first hand the fire in his eyes -

Also saw Ken Dryden and Guy Lafleur - WOW - hated them because they are Canadiens but loved their talent -

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Bobby Orr, of course.

Valery Kharlamov - The Canadians were scared of him in 1972. Sinden said that he'd never really seen a guy be able to beat 2 NHL defenceman the way Valery could
Mike Bossy - Only got to see his last year in the NHL.
Bobby Hull
Guy Lafleur
Terry Sawchuk

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
Frank "King" Clancy. Especially game(s) where he replaced the goalie, and played forward, in addition to his regular defense position. And then went on to both coach, referee and be an assistant GM (well, wasn't titled that back then but would be his title nowadays).

Plus, he offered one night he was refereeing to take on and fight a fan who was heckling him. The fan? Havyweight boxing champ Jack Sharkey! That's guts.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I wish I HADN'T gone to watch my second favourite hockey player Paul Coffey.

I lost all reverence for his ability. The guy couldn't play defense. He was dumb away from the puck, wandering worse than Bure ever did, a one-dimensional player. Those who only watched him on television (where cameras follow the play with the puck) they saw the best of him. I even went to see him years later when he played for Scotty in Detroit: same lame Coffey, only, he'd lost the skating which made him exceptional.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
Gordie and Bobby

and i could have seen them both back in the days of the Seals, but i was a little too young and no one to take me.

before the Sharks came to the NHL we would drive to LA every year for a pair of games. in 1988 we went to see a double shot against Edmonton and Calgary.

it was my first chance to see The Great One and the high flying Oilers. we were totally excited, then he went out and stunk the Forum out. it was arguably his worst game ever. no points, 2 penalties, and a Kings rout 7-2.

I have in my possession pucks auto'd by Gretzky, Orr, and Howe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad