Name a trend you like and dislike in the NHL

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Like: how parity has made it easier for teams to compete with solid drafting - not just tanking and free agency

Dislike: most of the know it all blogging analytics crowd.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
like - RBK uniform piping decreasing around the league, hockey steadily rising in TV ratings since 2005, teams ending long cup droughts, cutting down on goalie equipment
dislike - goal scoring dropping more each season, non O6 jerseys/logos being changed all the time, the prominence of black in new jerseys (zzz), the term rivalry being loosely thrown around mostly by NBCSN's "rivalry night", 10 years later and I still don't like the NHL inflated point/win system (I miss when .500 meant .500), CBC's Hockey Night in Canada downward trend in quality, increase in outdoor games (we all saw that coming)

It's easier to come up with negatives but overall I don't mind where the league is. I'd give it a 7/10.

Last edited:

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
I hate the trend of players immediately putting on their team's reebok licensed hat during intermissions, right after the games, backup goalies on the bench, and as soin as players are drafted.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Dislike: prevalence of deflections as primary offensive strategy. D man limp-wrists one low from the blue line while 2-3 guys are tangled up in front of the goalie.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Dislike: I cannot stand those stupid advertisements on the glass behind the nets now. They drive me crazy.

Like: New playoff format

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad