Recalled/Assigned: Nakladal: Recalled, Kulak: Assigned

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I think it's a good move. I think Kulak played admirably but I also think it was obvious he needs to be in the AHL.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The right move. Nakladal deserves to get NHL pay, exploiting his ELC would be poor practice as he's an NHL defenseman.

Giordano-Wideman
Russell-Nakladal
Smid-Hamilton

I like the look of that for now. Brodie still can't return soon enough.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The right move. Nakladal deserves to get NHL pay, exploiting his ELC would be poor practice as he's an NHL defenseman.

Giordano-Wideman
Russell-Nakladal
Smid-Hamilton

I like the look of that for now. Brodie still can't return soon enough.
Your pairings won't happen. Was the right call to send and and call up though.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Oh man, some people are just hilarious. Thanks for quoting that Zirak

Engelland has been solid, he is not coming out of the lineup. It's doesn't matter how much you hate him, he is not coming out.

Nakladal has yet to play an NHL game; calling him an NHL defenseman is premature, let alone putting him in the top 4.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I thought Kulak was solid in a limited role but playing top minutes in Stockton will help. He pretty much needs to do exactly what Brodie did after he was sent down all those years ago.

Nakladal was very solid in preseason. If he can build on that, wouldn't be surprised if he made Smid waiver fodder/buyout material and maybe even made Russell even more expendable.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Good for Kulak getting some NHL pay. Will be the biggest cheque he's ever received. He can take what he learned and have a great year in Stockton.

I am happy to see Nakladal get a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->