Nail Yakupov will be drafted by [Insert NHL Team here]

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think the Avs will nosedive like they did last year and end up in the race. Hopefully, because Ovechkin - Backstrom - Yakupov would be amazing to see.

Yeah, I kind of doubt they have ANOTHER season where they break a franchise record for man games lost. Seriously, does anybody remember how many guys they lost to injuries last year.

4thliner*

Blue Jackets

Bust proof, as in Nail Yakupov. EVEN if CBJ take him as he would quicly develop into their best player with in a year or 2 even with Nash there.

But they don't deserve such a prospect. They are already in their way to ruining Ryan Johansson who they are keeping on their NHL team and playing 9 mins a night.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It would be awesome to see Yakupov play in a crazy hockey market like Winnipeg but i think that they are too talented to finish at the bottom.
Columbus will win enough games to finish safely away from the bottom.

Ottawa looks to be team with the inside track, they are way too young in too many spots and their vets are past their primes outside of Spezza so they are the favorite IMO.

I'm just glad that the Oilers seem to have improved enough to not be in this conversation but who knows with them.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ottawa is a far cry from being as horrible as teams like Edmonton, Winnipeg and Phoenix. Columbus and Calgary have also looked really bad. Really don't know where this sudden confidence has come from in Edmonton considering they haven't changed their roster pretty much at all.

Ottawa won't be a bottom 5 team this year.

First of all, The Oilers have played a lot better than Ottawa thus far so i don't know where you get this from.
Also, do you really think that Ottawa will be better than 5 teams this year?
The Sens have a good future but the present looks pretty gloomy, you seem a bit delusional about this.

I think that the Oilers are improved this year but i'm still not delusional enough to think that they will automatically finish out of the lottery.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
First of all, The Oilers have played a lot better than Ottawa thus far so i don't know where you get this from.
Also, do you really think that Ottawa will be better than 5 teams this year?
The Sens have a good future but the present looks pretty gloomy, you seem a bit delusional about this.

I think that the Oilers are improved this year but i'm still not delusional enough to think that they will automatically finish out of the lottery.

Ottawa didn't belong in the lottery last year. They just ran into a really bad storm of events.

In what way has Edmonton played a lot better than Ottawa thus far?

Yes, I'm quite certain that Ottawa will be better than 5 or more teams this year.

Steezy T

Aug 21, 2011
First off, Ottawa are terrible. Worse than Edmonton, and with less of a future.

Second, too all the people who claim to know where he's going; it's a lottery, you can't know. Even though the team that finishes last has the best odds, you still can't know.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ottawa didn't belong in the lottery last year. They just ran into a really bad storm of events.

Yes, I'm quite certain that Ottawa will be better than 5 or more teams this year.

Really?

Ottawa is 2-5 with 20GF 31GA
Edmonton is 2-2-2 with 11GF 12GA

Also, are you really complaining to an Oiler fan about a bad storm of events to your team?
If anything, Oiler fans have more excuses about bad stormy events than any other team over the last 2 years so you get no sympathy from me about that.

Fulcrum

Yeah, I kind of doubt they have ANOTHER season where they break a franchise record for man games lost. Seriously, does anybody remember how many guys they lost to injuries last year.

So long as Varlamov is healthy and playing as we know he can, there is no way the Avs will fall behind Ottawa, Jets.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
First off, Ottawa are terrible. Worse than Edmonton, and with less of a future.

Second, too all the people who claim to know where he's going; it's a lottery, you can't know. Even though the team that finishes last has the best odds, you still can't know.

If you say so. Let me know when Edmonton has any light on the back end or in goal. Ottawa has a deep prospect pool everywhere on the ice. Ottawa is a much better team than Edmonton and has a better future.

Really?

Ottawa is 2-5 with 20GF 31GA
Edmonton is 2-2-2 with 11GF 12GA

Also, are you really complaining to an Oiler fan about a bad storm of events to your team?
If anything, Oiler fans have more excuses about bad stormy events than any other team over the last 2 years so you get no sympathy from me about that.

So what are you proving with this? That you actually have no basis for saying that Ottawa has played worse than Edmonton? Edmonton has the same number of wins. One less loss. With that in mind...

Combined record of teams that Edmonton has lost to:

8 - 8 - 3

Combined record of teams that Ottawa has lost to:

24 - 3 - 2

Not only that but Ottawa should have beaten Washington and could have easily won the games against Detroit and Toronto with a bit of puck luck and without some really bad calls.

WhiteLight*

If you say so. Let me know when Edmonton has any light on the back end or in goal. Ottawa has a deep prospect pool everywhere on the ice. Ottawa is a much better team than Edmonton and has a better future.

Disagree. Edmonton has some gems like future NHL star Jeff Petry.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

So what are you proving with this? That you actually have no basis for saying that Ottawa has played worse than Edmonton? Edmonton has the same number of wins. One less loss. With that in mind...

Combined record of teams that Edmonton has lost to:

8 - 8 - 3

Combined record of teams that Ottawa has lost to:

24 - 3 - 2

Not only that but Ottawa should have beaten Washington and could have easily won the games against Detroit and Toronto with a bit of puck luck and without some really bad calls.

I don't even know what you're arguing and you're just coming off as a straight up homer with no objectivity at all.
Edmonton has 2 more points in 1 less game played and....

Ottawa has a goal differential of -11
Edmonton has a goal differential of -1

Again, you're talking about lack of puck luck and about the fact that Ottawa could have easily won the games but i can easily make dumb excuses for Oilers losses also but i'm not because they lost and that's all that counts in the win-loss column but if you insist....

The Oilers had 1-0 leads going into late in the 3rd period of their last 2 games but they lost both one in regulation and one in a shootout. Woulda shoulda coulda, doesn't matter, they still lost.
Put down your homer glasses and just accept that Ottawa has been underwhelming thus far this season. I'm sure that even your fellow Sens fans (the rational ones at least) would admit that.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I think anyone picking the Coyotes is seriously underrating them as a team. Sure they are not the most skilled, but they are a very well coached veteran team. If they don't make the playoffs, they will fall just short and end up picking in the 10 - 14 range.

I think it will ultimately end up being Columbus who gets the 1st pick followed by Winnipeg, Ottawa, Edmonton, Florida and Calgary.

I'd give almost anything for it to be the Jets though as I don't see them as a playoff team anyways.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't even know what you're arguing and you're just coming off as a straight up homer with no objectivity at all.
Edmonton has 2 more points in 1 less game played and....

Ottawa has a goal differential of -11
Edmonton has a goal differential of -1

Again, you're talking about lack of puck luck and about the fact that Ottawa could have easily won the games but i can easily make dumb excuses for Oilers losses also but i'm not because they lost and that's all that counts in the win-loss column but if you insist....

The Oilers had 1-0 leads going into late in the 3rd period of their last 2 games but they lost both one in regulation and one in a shootout. Woulda shoulda coulda, doesn't matter, they still lost.
Put down your homer glasses and just accept that Ottawa has been underwhelming thus far this season. I'm sure that even your fellow Sens fans (the rational ones at least) would admit that.

The only reason I said that Ottawa could have won those games is because you said that Edmonton could easily be 4 - 1 - 1. :shakehead

This is pointless. You'll see at the end of the year when Edmonton is a lottery team for the umpteenth time and Ottawa is 15+ points clear of them.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The only reason I said that Ottawa could have won those games is because you said that Edmonton could easily be 4 - 1 - 1. :shakehead

This is pointless. You'll see at the end of the year when Edmonton is a lottery team for the umpteenth time and Ottawa is 15+ points clear of them.

This is ridiculous. Even as a Sens fan, I'd be shocked if we're not a lottery team. You seem to be a homer on every aspect of the team.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Are you drunk or high or both? Where did i say that the Oilers should be 4-1-1?
You were the one making excuses for Ottawa's futility, i was merely stating how dumb it is to make excuses for losses.

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010

why on earth wouldn't you want to be?

The team you have now isn't going to win a playoff series, you may as well try to get Yakupov.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Are you drunk or high or both? Where did i say that the Oilers should be 4-1-1?
You were the one making excuses for Ottawa's futility, i was merely stating how dumb it is to make excuses for losses.

Yep, it was "Copper" that said that. My bad. My point still stands. Ottawa has only been out of two games it has played this year and has had very good showings against top teams. They're still adjusting to a new coach and brand new system with new players etc. It's impossible to say where they'll really end, but they've shown a lot of stuff that indicates they'll not be in the lottery bid for Yakupov.

We'll see as the year goes on but good money is on Ottawa not being close to last in the league.

why on earth wouldn't you want to be?

The team you have now isn't going to win a playoff series, you may as well try to get Yakupov.

I don't believe in cheering for my team to lose under any circumstances. Do I see the benefit of being a lottery team? Of course. But I'll never want my team to lose.

This is ridiculous. Even as a Sens fan, I'd be shocked if we're not a lottery team. You seem to be a homer on every aspect of the team.

I only post what I see. Ottawa has not shown the makings of a lottery team especially when I've seen a lot of the other eastern conference teams playing. Ottawa is being severely underrated as a team because of two bad games. Meh this isn't worth arguing. Any time someone argues against people for his own team he'll only be perceived as a "homer."

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
So **** like this ruins the Sens board and now I cant even go in the prospects board or trade board without seeing it?

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Flames. Slow start, trade Iginla, trade Bourque, trade Sarich and then slack for Yak!

4thliner*

Hopefully Nail Yakupov goes to Ottawa.

Not looking like it with Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson and Alfredsson carrying the team.

Spezza, Michalek, and Karlsson are beasting and all in top 5 in league scoring now. All these guys except 21 year old Karlsson aren't exactly kids.

4thliner*

Yeah, because that's gonna last. :rolleyes:

Oh Karlsson is gonna last, not top 5 but this kid can score 60+ pts this year easily. He is that talented. And as the team gets better and he gets older around ppg the future. He is one of the, if not the most, offensively talented dman in the game right now. Don't let his age fool you.

SauceHockey

Retired
Jun 6, 2011
p
Oh Karlsson is gonna last, not top 5 but this kid can score 60+ pts this year easily. He is that talented. And as the team gets better and he gets older around ppg the future. He is one of the, if not the most, offensively talented dman in the game right now. Don't let his age fool you.
You forgot to acknowlege his bad defensive game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad