Nail Yakupov will be drafted by [Insert NHL Team here]

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oh, here are the stats I found my old post when someone else was trying to say that Anderson is a below average starting goalie.

Jaroslav Halak last 3 years:

34 gp, 2.86 gaa, 1 so, .915 sv%
45 gp, 2.40 gaa, 5 so, .924 sv%
57 gp, 2.48 gaa, 7 so, .910 sv%

Average: 45 gp, 2.55 gaa, 4.3 so, .916 sv%
This year: 3 gp, 2.70 gaa, .857 sv%

Carey Price last 3 years:

52 gp, 2.83 gaa, 1 so, .905 sv%
41 gp, 2.77 gaa, 0 so, .912 sv%
72 gp, 2.35 gaa, 8 so, .923 sv%

Average: 55 gp, 2.61 gaa, 3 so, .916 sv%
This year: 3 gp, 2.36 gaa, .900 sv%

Craig Anderson last 3 years:

31 gp, 2.71 gaa, 3 so, .924 sv%
71 gp, 2.63 gaa, 7 so, .917 sv%
33 gp, 3.28 gaa, 0 so, .897 sv% (Colorado)
18 gp, 2.05 gaa, 2 so, .939 sv% (Ottawa)
51 gp, 2.85 gaa, 2 so, .912 sv% (Total)

Average: 51 gp, 2.72 gaa, 4 so, .917 sv%
This year: 4 gp, 5.07 gaa, .853 sv%

Craig Anderson Career Playoff Stats

6 gp, 2.62 gaa, 1 so, .933 sv%

Jaroslav Halak Career Playoff Stats

21 gp, 2.48 gaa, 0 so, .923 sv%

Carey Price Career Playoff Stats

26 gp, 2.84 gaa, 3 so, .907 sv%

Consider the teams each of them have played for over this time. Montreal has one of the most defensive coaches in the league with players that are constantly diving in front of pucks. Ottawa and Colorado have had some of the worst defensive teams in the last 3 years in the NHL. I really don't see how either of those goalies are any more proven than Anderson. St. Louis is a team that has one of the lowest shots against in the league because of their system and collection of two-way forwards.

Keep in mind I'm not saying he's better, but it's pretty rough to say he's a below average starting goalie considering the numbers he's posted.

Mind you the stats are a bit dated on this year as Anderson had a couple strong games against Philly and Winnipeg.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I'm hoping for Phoenix because I want to see that team actually get better and having someone like Yakupov could help turn things around. If not them, then Winnipeg or Columbus. Hopefully he doesn't go to Ottawa or Calgary.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I really don't want to have to dig up the stats again, but Anderson has better stats than both Carey Price and Jaroslav Halak over the last 4 years. Dunno where this misconception has come from that he's a horrible goalie.

Just watch Ottawa play. They've had some early season struggles because they've played some of the hotter teams in the NHL right now and they're a team full of rookies, new players, players returning from injury, a new coach and a brand new system. Even with that they've managed to dominate Minnesota and Winnipeg, and make games against Detroit, Toronto and Washington (they should have won this one) competitive. They've really only played two bad games this year.

Ottawa is a far cry from being as horrible as teams like Edmonton, Winnipeg and Phoenix. Columbus and Calgary have also looked really bad. Really don't know where this sudden confidence has come from in Edmonton considering they haven't changed their roster pretty much at all.

Ottawa won't be a bottom 5 team this year.

:facepalm:

Ottawa is HORRIBLE this year. 2-5 and have 31 goals againist already! You're throwing Edmonton under the bus when you don't even got a clue about whats going on.

The Oil have been snake bitten these past few games with Minnesota scoring a tying goal with 1 second left and Calgary scoring two late goals with 5 minutes left. We could easily be 4-1-1 by now.

The Oil also made a ton of moves in the summer by acquiring Smyth, Belanger, Eager, RNH, Barker, Potter, Hordichuck, etc.

What has Ottawa done to improve themselves??

Please think before you post something as ignorant as this.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Hope it's Winnipeg. Right now we don't have anything close to resembling a top line.

Kane-Burmistrov-Yakupov

That's more like it. Just give 'em a couple years.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
1. Winnipeg Jets - Nail Yakupov
2. Ottawa Senators - Matt Dumba
3. Phoenix Coyotes - Mikhail Grigorenko
4. Edmonton Oilers - Ryan Murray
5. Columbus Blue Jackets - Alex Galchenyuk

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The Winnipeg Jets

9 - Hull to Kane
10 - Hawerchuk to Yakupov!!!

Also how sick would this line look Yakupov-Scheifele-MacLean

Oh boy. :facepalm:

I really don't think it'll be Winnipeg. There's too much talent on the roster to finish dead last. Then again, if Buff stays on defense and Kane keeps getting 3rd line minutes, it's possible.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
I'm hoping it's not Ottawa, I don't want my Leafs constantly facing Yakupov in his prime a few times a year.

Phoenix and Columbus might ruin him as the way they development their players doesn't seem to work well.

Hoping for the Jets to get him.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Won't be Columbus, because if we finished last, we'll still lose the lottery. That's just our luck.

However, if we were in the position to draft him, it still wouldn't end up well because he's Russian, and we just don't have any luck drafting Russians. Not only that, but I'd be afraid of Gilbert Brule syndrom. He's not very big, but he plays like a bulldozer; I can just see that being a problem for us.

Also, we need someone who can ****ing play defense. As awesome as it would be to have a line of Nash-Carter-Yakupov our defense is just **** and this is the right draft to take a defenseman.

Milan the God*

I think the Avs will nosedive like they did last year and end up in the race. Hopefully, because Ovechkin - Backstrom - Yakupov would be amazing to see.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
if columbus loses tonight things could get scary.

took the isles 6 weeks to get to -7 last year. Columbus could do it in 3.

4thliner*

Ottawa is HORRIBLE this year. 2-5 and have 31 goals againist already! You're throwing Edmonton under the bus when you don't even got a clue about whats going on.

The Oil have been snake bitten these past few games with Minnesota scoring a tying goal with 1 second left and Calgary scoring two late goals with 5 minutes left. We could easily be 4-1-1 by now.

The Oil also made a ton of moves in the summer by acquiring Smyth, Belanger, Eager, RNH, Barker, Potter, Hordichuck, etc.

But the thing about Ottawa is their got couple of powerfull offensively skilled game breakers like Karlsson, Spezza, and Alfredsson who is healthy and scoring on a ppg clip. Heck even Michalek is healthy now and beasting finaly @ 26 and in top the 10 NHL scoring.

If nothing else, they can do major damage on the PP and create a lot of choas on the other end at times (not only at the defensive end ;))

As bad as Gonchar has looked 5 on 5, he is still very dangerous on the PP.

For Ottawa to have a chance at picking Nail, Michalek will have to get injured, same with Spezza (injury/trade), and Alredsson will have to show his age. Andersson also has to suck.

Other wise Ottawa still has too many star veterans that can break the game including 21 year old Karlsson (who is a vet by definition on a team like Ottawa with like 6 or 7 rookies.

I think they will be bad, just not convinced dead bottom bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
If he goes to calgary then we might be able to compete with edmonton 4 years down the road... Anyone remember the 80's? Just the other way around ;)

4thliner*

I think the Avs will nosedive like they did last year and end up in the race. Hopefully, because Ovechkin - Backstrom - Yakupov would be amazing to see.

Not a chance, teams (other than the Leafs) tend to play for their GM and organization harder already having dealt their 1st pick who put his ass on the line for them by getting them what they needed most, a goalie.

4thliner*

A team with quality down the middle like the Avs will not tank if they have any goaltending. And even if they would, like I think they did last year, they have no reason to now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's hard to say so early in the year. In Taylor Hall's draft year everyone had Carolina as a lock to pick no.1 because of they were bombing early on (ended up picking no.8).

Last year everyone had the Devils locked for the no.1 pick early, but they ended up with the no.4 pick and had to win the lottery to get there.

If Craig Andersen can ever find his game, I think Ottawa will win some games.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I get that you're insulted -- but Ottawa was, and still is, going through a transition at the beginning of the year because of a brand new system and an influx of rookies, new players an players returning from injury. Everything is completely different from last year and that takes some time to get used to.

If you actually watched their games you'd see they dominated for long stretches against teams like Detroit, Washington and Toronto and thoroughly dominated Winnipeg and Minnesota.

Sure, and Ottawa could easily be 5 - 2 right now if they had gotten a bit better goaltending. Or not had a couple bad periods out of games where they largely dominated opponents that are rated pretty highly at this point in the season (Detroit, Toronto, Washington.)

Ottawa doesn't have to improve themselves to be beyond Edmonton's level. That said last year they had a perfect storm of events that made them look worse than they actually were. They got rid of Brian Elliott for Anderson which is an insanely large upgrade. Spezza, Michalek and Alfredsson are healthy. It's unlikely that Gonchar, Phillips and Kuba are going to have two consecutive career worst years. Karlsson is a year more experienced and talented players like Cowen, Rundblad and Zibanejad are adding to their roster. I also really love how underestimated Anderson is. He singlehandedly carried a bad team in Colorado to the playoffs only two years ago and has always been good in the NHL. One bad streak in Colorado because of a contract dispute, injury and personal issues with management and he's considered to be a 'horrible' goalie. What a laugh.

Please remember that even with Ottawa's skid to the bottom of the standings last year due to injuries, goaltending crisis, a lack of confidence and the Richardson tragedy, they still finished the year 12 points clear of Edmonton.

If you really think the players that you listed are going to change just how bad Edmonton is you're sorely mistaken. They might not end up in last place, but they're very likely to be in the bottom 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad