Injury Report: Nabokov Injured **Activated**

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
There is only one move to be made right now and that is to put a claim in for Yannik Weber. He's not that great but this D corp needs a body.

LAPPY13

Apr 12, 2002
Long Island
There is only one move to be made right now and that is to put a claim in for Yannik Weber. He's not that great but this D corp needs a body.

From what I have seen of Weber he has a pretty good NHL slap shot from the point (we could use that on the PP because A-mac shot is avg at best and Visnosky still being injured). My concern would be Weber defensive game which is very so so I believe.

Might be worth a shot due to low salary $650,000 and young age 25.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Boston Globe is speculating that the Predators or us could be landing spots for Jonas Hiller

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Nashville has been the hot name for Hiller for 2 weeks. They're waiting to see how long Rinne is going to be out. They haven't been able to get an accurate assessment.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Somone on the main board called Weber a poor man's MAB which is just about the worst you could call a hockey player. Snow won't claim him but I wonder if he might think LaBarbera to be worth a shot? I know he's not any good but might be a better back up option than Nilsson and would add a little NHL experience to the goalie position

scott99

May 13, 2005
Boston Globe is speculating that the Predators or us could be landing spots for Jonas Hiller

And that's all it is, is speculation. There is no rumor out there, the guy is speculating because Nabby got hurt, nothing else.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Somone on the main board called Weber a poor man's MAB which is just about the worst you could call a hockey player. Snow won't claim him but I wonder if he might think LaBarbera to be worth a shot? I know he's not any good but might be a better back up option than Nilsson and would add a little NHL experience to the goalie position

Poor man's MAB? Yeesh that is harsh. Usually you say poor man's when talking about a good player. Like Franz Nielsen is a poor man's Datysuk.

But for MAB? Ouch. I feel like a couple more layers and you are at me. Like, I'm the poor man's poor man's poor man's poor man's MAB.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I see alot of hate for LaBarbera, but I'd love to snag him.

I think he can be a better goalie than the numbers he had with the Oilers. They are just a really bad team. I think he could improve here.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

I think he can be a better goalie than the numbers he had with the Oilers. They are just a really bad team. I think he could improve here.

No stay far away from that. He is brutal, makes Nabby look like a vezina goalie. I would be more comfortable with Nilsson/Poulin than LaBarbera.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
And that's all it is, is speculation. There is no rumor out there, the guy is speculating because Nabby got hurt, nothing else.

very true.

didn't see much "speculation" about Vanek to the NYI.

I think we'll know when we know.
Not a twitter-second sooner.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Yuck. I saw him play for LA. I'd rather roll the dice with Nilsson because the guy gives up lame goals far too often.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk

LaBarbera has been terrible for a long time. I'd rather have Nabby with a Ricky-style bionic lower half than LaBarbera, and Nabby sucks now.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I don't think I saw this mentioned. But with Nilsson up, it is inevitable that we are going to have Nielsen, Nelson, Nilsson in one game. I'm going to have that Butchisms cued up.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
I don't think I saw this mentioned. But with Nilsson up, it is inevitable that we are going to have Nielsen, Nelson, Nilsson in one game. I'm going to have that Butchisms cued up.

When that happens, it will inevitably end up with them all having the name Nelson. And hilarity will ensue.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I know it's the KHL and all, but look at these numbers:

Player HT. WT. TEAM GP W L OT SO GAA SV%
Koskinen, Mikko 6'6 205 (KHL) 18 11 4 0 1 1.43 .952

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad