NA3EHL UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The "E" was absorbed 3-1/2 years ago.
no, NA3EHL, and the NAHL, EXIST, JMC as separate leagues, even though some share the same facilities, such as the Nordiques, and until recently WB/Scranton ran both teams under the same ownership, otherwise, the NAHL WB/Scranton franchise would've ceased operations, not the NA3EHL entry.... from what I understand the NAHL Miners are leading their division

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
No. THe NA3 and the NA3E are different leagues. Didn't we do this before? I could have sworn this was something you argued about last year or two years ago. The NA3 absorbed the NA3E teams and the NA3E no longer exists.

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
NAHL = Tier 2 league
NA3HL = Tier 3 league (formerly CSHL)
NA3EHL = Defunct league (formerly the Northern States Hockey League, merged into NA3HL)

But wait, there's more!
NA3AHL = Former Met League, most teams merged into Eastern Hockey League's second division.

WBS Knights were in the 3A, went to the EHL second division, transferred to the fully merged NA3, and died without playing a single game.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
no, NA3EHL, and the NAHL, EXIST, JMC as separate leagues, even though some share the same facilities, such as the Nordiques, and until recently WB/Scranton ran both teams under the same ownership, otherwise, the NAHL WB/Scranton franchise would've ceased operations, not the NA3EHL entry.... from what I understand the NAHL Miners are leading their division

There is no more NA3EHL, it has been absorbed into the NA3HL for the last few years.

Under the current structure there is the NAHL ---> NA3HL ---> NAPHL (if you want to count that).

The NA3HL Knights were transferred in this year from the Eastern Hockey League or EHL which has no affiliation to the NA or NA3HL. The Canton Cubs were the relocated Cape Cod Islanders. But neither one ended up starting the season.

As for the Maine/LA Nordiques their ownership which has operated the L/A Nordiques for the last few years bought a NAHL membership and thus you've got the Maine NAHL franchise that was added this season. I'm not sure who this Miners team you mention is? As the NAHL East Division, heck the entire league doesn't have a team named the miners Teams | North American Hockey League | NAHL

The NA3HL came under the NAHL umbrella when they applied for USA Hockey sanctioning, their season had started back then so they came in as a separate league until it was finally merged with the NA3 in 16-17 NA3EHL to join NA3HL for the 2016-17 season

Last edited:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
then why is it still a league

The NA3HL is a league. The NA3EHL is not. I refer you back to the earlier post by myself on this same page, specifically the bolded section, and more specifically the link in that portion of the post. You can count me just posting without a link as source as well considering my affiliation with the NA3HL, the 3EHL has been dead for years.

There is no more NA3EHL, it has been absorbed into the NA3HL for the last few years.

Under the current structure there is the NAHL ---> NA3HL ---> NAPHL (if you want to count that).

The NA3HL came under the NAHL umbrella when they applied for USA Hockey sanctioning, their season had started back then so they came in as a separate league until it was finally merged with the NA3 in 16-17 NA3EHL to join NA3HL for the 2016-17 season

Again seeing as the league doesn't exist, I humbly ask @Major4Boarding and @No Fun Shogun if we can close this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barclay Donaldson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad