N.Suzuki and C.Caufield, can be a B.Point and A.DeBrincat for Habs?

N.Suzuki and C.Caufield can have the same impact of B.Point and A.DeBrincat?

• Total voters

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He was the leading scorer in 5v5 primary points for a season, that just isn't true.
What isn’t true? This year without Kucherov he was on pace for 70 pts, previous years with him he was on pace for 90 pts. Give Suzuki a Kucherov to play with and you don’t think he gets more points?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Suzuki has the chance to be as good as Point tbh

Watched both in jrs and wjc (jk just wjc)

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I was actually just thinking about Suzuki's development curve compared to Point's, since it's looking more and more likely they'll meet in the SCF. Suzuki is currently a year younger than Point was when he first appeared in the NHL playoffs, so a direct comparison is not available, but so far he's matched and exceeded Point's effectiveness/production at the same age (in the regular season) and is almost matching Point's production in the latter's first postseason appearance, when Point was a year older (with the caveat that the 2017-18 Lightning scored a lot more goals in the playoffs than the 2020-21 Canadiens have so far).

I'm making it sound convoluted, but basically what I'm saying is that Suzuki seems to be at least as good as Point was at his age. So there's no reason to say he can't be as good as Point is currently in a couple of years.

Of course, what makes Point special is the leap he took in his early 20s, which elevated him from a first-line player to an elite one, and that step forward can't be taken for granted. Suzuki is yet to establish himself at the highest level, but his shot metrics and microstats indicate he's very, very good at driving play. I say it's quite possible he gets there in a year or two.

But until he actually does it, this is all speculation. So far, Point >>>>

Both are awesome players I'd love to have on the Flames. I've long been a fan of Point, who's from the Calgary area. The historic scoring streak he's on right now is something special. Suzuki is so exciting because he's one of very few players at his age who look like they could be the next Brayden Point.

I don't know about Caufield's potential to reach DeBrincat's level. Let's see what he does in his first full season and revisit the question.

Reactions: Kojo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad