N.Suzuki and C.Caufield, can be a B.Point and A.DeBrincat for Habs?

N.Suzuki and C.Caufield can have the same impact of B.Point and A.DeBrincat?

• Total voters

GermanHabsFan72

Jun 7, 2021
6 Hours ahead
Is Point the guy on that cap cheating team?I think Suzuki will be a franchise player for Montreal and so will Caulfield.
The future is bright for Montreal.
Sry for my english should have better listen in school :D

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Suzuki will be=Point
Caufield will be >Debrincat

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They've been excellent in Montreal.
I would however taper expectations.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think Caufield can be DeBrincat but Suzuki will likely not be Point. I think he can be a point per game player but Point is a playoff machine.

Not Impossible but I'd say we could be closer to a Debrincat + an O'Reilly type player.

A Plus

Jun 20, 2021
New Jersey
I think Caufield can be better than DeBrincat but Suzuki cant be better than Point

and Im a Suzuki fan, I think he can be a 1C if he plays his cards right

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I don't like the phrasing of the question.... can they have the same impact? Yes they sure could

Will they have the same impact? I don't think so

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i think caufield will be as good if not better than debrincat, but suzuki becoming point? oof.
I don't know, but he will definitely become a a 65-70 pt C...
he's been absolutely great and only 21

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Without Kucherov Point was in on 26.5% of Tampa’s goals. Suzuki was 25.7% of the Habs goals and is 4 years younger. Premise of the OP is can he have the same impact, I’d say he’s not far off already.
Habs fans always bring up the most irrelevant stats to prop up their players. Will never forget the Habs fan who tried arguing Danault over Tavares and Zibanejad to me because Danault had better even strength numbers than either

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Habs fans always bring up the most irrelevant stats to prop up their players. Will never forget the Habs fan who tried arguing Danault over Tavares and Zibanejad to me because Danault had better even strength numbers than either
Yes totally irrelevant to compare last years numbers, point out the age difference, and the offensive gap in the teams.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I think Caufield will be better than Debrincat, I'm not sure Suzuki ever reaches Point's level, but stranger things have happened.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’ll guess Caufield will> Debrincat but Suzuki will be just under Point level. Enough to compare the 2 and have debates but not quite enough to be considered better.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think Caufield will be better than Debrincat, I'm not sure Suzuki ever reaches Point's level, but stranger things have happened.

I don't think Suzuki has Point's offensive upside unfortunately for the Habs. Regarding Caufield and Debrincat, I think Caufield may become a better playmaker but a lesser sniper but it indeed is early to say.

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Suzuki might not end up being as good as point or he might. But saying its not close is disingenuous. Despite being 3 years younger and playing for Montreal, he finished with 7 less points in the regular season than Point this year. Anybody who actually watches Montreal sees how good this kid is.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

We're all here in your corner for your journey to attempt to learn what this word means

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
My gut says no but I mean Suzuki is putting up slightly better numbers offensively than Point was at 20/21 and is already a stud defensively. As someone already mentioned I don't think Suzuki will have the skating but I imagine it'll be closer than some are making it out to be. Caufield is going to be quite a bit better than Debrincat I think, he is just as good a shooter and is a better skater and passer

So I mean in aggregate, yes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad