N. Kronwall-R. Hainsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
nomorekids said:
Kronwall, because he isn't a Habs prospect.

JUST KIDDING! :innocent:
I agree Kronwall IMO will prove more things at the end of his career than Hainsey .. but in term of potential i have to give a slim advantage to Hainsey .. but his poor attitude and work ethic scare me too much .. :banghead:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I haven't seen much of Kronwall, but just from the reports, he has to be better than Hainsey. Look at it this way, Kronwall could play for the Wings today. Hainsey might not even be able to play for the Habs. No black clouds of attitude problems and doubt surrounding Kronwall for the future outlook either. Kronwall is a blue-chip NHL defenseman, with a solid argument for becoming top-3 material. Hainsey may or may not even make it as a #6-7 guy. Kronwall hands down.

db23

All of this talk about Hainsey's "attitude" is way overblown. Ron is a very bright guy and a bit of a free spirit, but just because he doesn't mouth a bunch of dumb cliches every time someone sticks a mike in front of him doesn't mean he has a bad attitiude. A lot of it is due to the cultural situation in Montreal, where Hainsey is competing with a bunch of homeboys like Bouillon, Dykhuis, and (formerly) Traverse and Beauchemin for playing time. A lot of his supposed "attitude" problems are in the minds of the French speaking press and fans. I think Ron has his moments where he would be just as happy to play elsewhere, and that may show at times. But with Bob Gainey, Doug Jarvis, Rick Green, Ron Wilson, etc. running more of the hockey operations in the city now, it should be a better climate for him to play in.

In terms of pure talent/size combination he is among the top half dozen young defencemen in the league. Statistically so far, the two are very close in terms of their play in N.A. Hainsey averaged .57 ppg in the AHL last season, Konwall .52. In the NHL it was Kronwall .25 ppg to .18 for Hainsey. The big difference is that Ron is 4 inches taller and 30 or 40 pounds heavier. When two players have the same skill level and one is so much bigger it is an easy choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
db23 said:
All of this talk about Hainsey's "attitude" is way overblown. Ron is a very bright guy and a bit of a free spirit, but just because he doesn't mouth a bunch of dumb cliches every time someone sticks a mike in front of him doesn't mean he has a bad attitiude. A lot of it is due to the cultural situation in Montreal, where Hainsey is competing with a bunch of homeboys like Bouillon, Dykhuis, and (formerly) Traverse and Beauchemin for playing time. A lot of his supposed "attitude" problems are in the minds of the French speaking press and fans. I think Ron has his moments where he would be just as happy to play elsewhere, and that may show at times. But with Bob Gainey, Doug Jarvis, Rick Green, Ron Wilson, etc. running more of the hockey operations in the city now, it should be a better climate for him to play in.

In terms of pure talent/size combination he is among the top half dozen young defencemen in the league. Statistically so far, the two are very close in terms of their play in N.A. Hainsey averaged .57 ppg in the AHL last season, Konwall .52. In the NHL it was Kronwall .25 ppg to .18 for Hainsey. The big difference is that Ron is 4 inches taller and 30 or 40 pounds heavier. When two players have the same skill level and one is so much bigger it is an easy choice.
Ron Wilson... when did he become part of Habs management?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
db23 said:
All of this talk about Hainsey's "attitude" is way overblown. Ron is a very bright guy and a bit of a free spirit, but just because he doesn't mouth a bunch of dumb cliches every time someone sticks a mike in front of him doesn't mean he has a bad attitiude.

He is terribly lazy, inconsistent and isn't anywhere near Hamilton right now. Sitting on his ass somewhere to the embarassment of everyone, including his agent who seems at a loss for words or explanation.

Ron is very much a cliche purveyor right now. They're just the kind of cliches teams prefer to stay away from.

He's an amazing talent but he better wake up soon.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
theo6060 said:
Ron Wilson... when did he become part of Habs management?

He's been named the coach of Hamilton if the NHL gets underway sometime this decade, as Jarvis goes to be an assistant coach of the Habs.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
montreal said:
He's been named the coach of Hamilton if the NHL gets underway sometime this decade, as Jarvis goes to be an assistant coach of the Habs.
Ron Wilson in the Habs sytem.. woah.. he is interested of coaching the HABS.. smart, really smart move.. if Julien does something wrong, altough i dont see that happening guess who will be waiting.

hey wait its another Ron Wilson.... you guys are funny. hehe
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid[]=5760

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Crusher20 said:
Ron Wilson in the Habs sytem.. woah.. he is interested of coaching the HABS.. smart, really smart move.. if Julien does something wrong, altough i dont see that happening guess who will be waiting.

You may be thinking of the wrong Ron Wilson, he was the assistant coach of Hamilton last year. Ex Habs defensemn

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
As a Wings fan i was not really that sold on Kronwall. But i was very pleased with his play last year before he got hurt. He has very good vision and a decent shot. But what suprised me the most is for a guy his size he really likes to play the body. And if wasn't for that fluke injury i wouldn't have been shocked if he was top four Dman for the Wings last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->