Post-Game Talk: N.J. Devils @ Washington Capitals, Sat., Jan 11th, 2020, 7:08p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
... I don't feel like this team moves the puck quickly enough, especially on the PP. Puck movement in and of itself, even if not a tic-tac-toe goal, tires defenders and gets them leaning.

The slowness is what kills them when teams are aggressive on the PK. If your philosophy is to take what they give you, then you have a counter to an aggressive defense, moving players and the puck quickly, but the team does not seem to have a plan for that.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I’m a teacher. We see this all time

How do you force your students to care?

Seems like this is where we are at right now

Some resetting needs to be done. They literally don’t care right now

Ans why would we if we have Jensen and Holthree being absolute dog trash

yet we keep playing them. Big difference is, I can’t bench and kick out my students. Reirden can. Get it done moron

PE teacher?

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
The slowness is what kills them when teams are aggressive on the PK. If your philosophy is to take what they give you, then you have a counter to an aggressive defense, moving players and the puck quickly, but the team does not seem to have a plan for that.

This isn't the first second or third time this happened. It's how everyone is playing us now and Todd does nothing.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
The best thing Holtby did was dig the puck out of his net.

Backstrom is dragging everything down. Good luck negotiating that contract in Jan. You might want to wait a few months.

Glad to see TR be a little pissy during the timeout. I'm surprised he hasn't started jabbing his finger into Forsythe's chest and tell him that all 5 players shouldn't be standing still on a PP.

Glad to see the winter lull is alive and well. Start peaking in March!

Reactions: Corby78 and Heath

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
PP certainly started working after the changes. They were lucky that Coleman didn't score another SHG during that double minor. Kuznetsov certainly deserved demotion as he's been bad recently too but Backstrom has been just terrible. Again his turnover on the PP led to that SHG and then later on he killed the entire 5-on-3 sequence with 2 turnovers.

They should start playing Samsonov more. Holtby can't make a save right now. On the past i have been one of his biggest defenders but he just can't make the timely saves anymore. Again the scoring chances were 50-38 and the score is 1-4. He might be the first all-star goalie with GAA above 3 and SV% below 90 which is just ridiculous. If this wasn't a contract year for him he should decline that invitation out of shame.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Decided to watch for the first time in long period. It was a mistake. Bad hockey, bad entertainment.
Firesale could be fun btw. Imagine trading Ovi, Backstrom and Holtby at deadline? :P

OK, half joking. Holtby is here to not ruin Sammy, cant fault him.

Backstrom, I dont know, guys, last playoffs he was the best player. Ovechkin wasnt bad too.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
PK, Simmonds and Greene chirp a lot. PK was talking to Oshie after the whistle almost every chance he got after Oshie laid a decent but nothing spectacular hit on him.

I finally got level 100 seats and it was such a crappy game.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Since I know Backstrom would never actually be demoted (even tho he should be) they need to at least move him behind the net/next to it. He can no longer be the QB. He's too slow to get to pucks and then on top of that, he's too slow to move the puck. Its his style but that's been figured out by every opposing player ever!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad