Myers to play tonight!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Because Kulikov is out with a back injury, and may be out for a real long time, I think the Jet's should shop the market in the off season for a Left side D-man, and buy out Kulikov's contract. Sometimes those back injuries are not "fixable."

Can't buy out injured players. If Kulikov does not return before the playoffs end for the Jets (and maybe even if he does) it will be very hard for the Jets to get him medically cleared for a buyout.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Myers is criminally underrated player among HFJets. Made already two huge goals for the Jets against Wild. Me likes the attitude, the killer instinct.
Ya, he is. I think some fans are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Did the surgeons truly rebuild that sorry bod? Maybe. I think he's one of the biggest stories in the NHL this year.

Reactions: Halberdier

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I didn't notice Myers at all last night........which is a good thing, means he played great!
Thought Myers had a really nice game. What I did notice is that coming around the net on his forehand he was able to be at high speed quicker which opened things up for him.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Myers can create a lot of good scoring opportunities, but his feet are in cement away from the puck in his own zone. He has good days and bad days, but he's a great #5 who can move into the top 4 for shorter periods of time. Very happy to have him. I also think he is battling a lot of physical ailments. I don't think he will be signing an extension here unless it is one year at a time.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Based on the Maurice comment it sounds unlikely that Trouba plays left. Trouba has made it clear by past behaviour his preferences come before the team at least in regular season. Hopefully he’d be willing to sacrifice his own desires for the good of the team in playoffs but I wouldn’t bet on it without being given odds.

Hindsight agrees with you. :laugh:

I think we see Trouba on the left side in the same game we see Buff at RW. :sarcasm:

Reactions: larmex99

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Hindsight agrees with you. :laugh:

I think we see Trouba on the left side in the same game we see Buff at RW. :sarcasm:

That’s comparing apples to oranges in my view. Buff didn’t like playing RW but he did it. He didn’t sit out and demand a trade. He just did what he was asked and then played his heart out when he got a chance on D to make it impossible for Maurice to put him back at forward. Night and day different attitude and approach to Trouba.

If it would legitimately benefit the team I have no doubt Buff would play RW.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That’s comparing apples to oranges in my view. Buff didn’t like playing RW but he did it. He didn’t sit out and demand a trade. He just did what he was asked and then played his heart out when he got a chance on D to make it impossible for Maurice to put him back at forward. Night and day different attitude and approach to Trouba.

If it would legitimately benefit the team I have no doubt Buff would play RW.

Yup. But neither is happening.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Yup. But neither is happening.

cfe7e21a298f83966fe68aa58fdaa068.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->