Myers to play tonight!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm going to guess Trouba plays his offside. He has shown he can do it well in the past. I doubt he will have an issue doing it for one game in an important situation.

Trouba Myers
Morrow Buff
Chariot Poolman

Reactions: ulf

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The Condor returns! The almighty bird of prey returns to his most high perch, ready to swoop down with almighty retribution that is both swift and terrible!

Or, you know, an apple on the GWG will do ;)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I'm going to guess Trouba plays his offside. He has shown he can do it well in the past. I doubt he will have an issue doing it for one game in an important situation.

Trouba Myers
Morrow Buff
Chariot Poolman

Maurice said it will not be a player who is not comfortable playing his offside. Basically he said it won’t be a player who doesn’t want to do it.

Nobody has been more publicly against doing it than Trouba....

Just sayin’

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maurice said it will not be a player who is not comfortable playing his offside. Basically he said it won’t be a player who doesn’t want to do it.

Nobody has been more publicly against doing it than Trouba....

Just sayin’

I know that I'm just saying it makes the most sense for tonight and I can see him agreeing to it for one game in which the team is short options.

Moe will want to hard match again, I highly doubt he will want to use one of Poolman or Chariot in that role.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think I'd play Myers on his off-side, with Trouba.

Myers-Trouba
Morrow-Buff
Chiarot-Poolman

What I don't want to see is too much of Chiarot.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Myers plating tonight is "huge" for the Jets--even if it's psychological, just to have him on the ice will give the team confidence, not to mention he may score a couple goals.

I'm not crazy about Niku on defense, as I think he's far to small at 150- 160 lbs., but I guess he's the best we have right now. I'd rather see Melchiori or Nogier in the lineup, but I understand both are injured, and out for the season.

Would love to see the Jets play hard and wrap up this series tonight !!! :thumbu:

Because Kulikov is out with a back injury, and may be out for a real long time, I think the Jet's should shop the market in the off season for a Left side D-man, and buy out Kulikov's contract. Sometimes those back injuries are not "fixable."

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Myers plating tonight is "huge" for the Jets--even if it's psychological, just to have him on the ice will give the team confidence, not to mention he may score a couple goals.

I'm not crazy about Niku on defense, as I think he's far to small at 150- 160 lbs., but I guess he's the best we have right now. I'd rather see Melchiori or Nogier in the lineup, but I understand both are injured, and out for the season.

Would love to see the Jets play hard and wrap up this series tonight !!! :thumbu:

Because Kulikov is out with a back injury, and may be out for a real long time, I think the Jet's should shop the market in the off season for a Left side D-man, and buy out Kulikov's contract. Sometimes those back injuries are not "fixable."

1. 150-160lbs? what's your source. everything I see says 180-200.
2 your comment about Melchiori or Nogier is evidence enough to disregard any post you ever make ever again.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Myers-Trouba
Morrow-Buff
Chiarot-Poolman

Yeah, you have to think it would be these pairings. Whether Trouba and Myers flip sides with each other, whatever. It keeps the other two pairings stable.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
1. 150-160lbs? what's your source. everything I see says 180-200.
2 your comment about Melchiori or Nogier is evidence enough to disregard any post you ever make ever again.

Niku looks about 160 lbs -- I don't care what they list him at--he's another Toby Enstrom.

PS-I don't mind if U disregard my comments-"I have a lot of fans on here." :cool:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'd prefer myers at any percent to 150 pound rookie with no nhl experience
Idk.......Depends how healthy Myers is. I'm feeling fairly confident in the Jets at this point and certainly wouldn't put Myers at undue risk.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Idk.......Depends how healthy Myers is. I'm feeling fairly confident in the Jets at this point and certainly wouldn't put Myers at undue risk.

I don't think Myer's was seriously injured, as he didn't go into the boards to heavily. Also he's back already, so it must have been a bone bruise or muscle bruise or strain, or something along that line. I'm "very happy" to see Tyler back- "he's a key guy."

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Myers-Trouba
Morrow-Buff
Chiarot-Poolman

Trouba has played his weak side before. Maurice could very well play the pairings you suggest, but with this switch.

Just as likely to keep our optimal RD intact and play Poolman at LD

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Trouba has played his weak side before. Maurice could very well play the pairings you suggest, but with this switch.

Just as likely to keep our optimal RD intact and play Poolman at LD

I agree with the Fonz here -- I'd look to see Trouba playing on the left side, as he's played it many times in the past, and does it well. I can't see Maurice playing Myers on the left side.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

I agree with the Fonz here -- I'd look to see Trouba playing on the left side, as he's played it many times in the past, and does it well. I can't see Maurice playing Myers on the left side.

Based on the Maurice comment it sounds unlikely that Trouba plays left. Trouba has made it clear by past behaviour his preferences come before the team at least in regular season. Hopefully he’d be willing to sacrifice his own desires for the good of the team in playoffs but I wouldn’t bet on it without being given odds.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->