Injury Report: Myers out for season

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I'm hoping the Isles fall out of contention and the Devils keep playing terribly. If they do, there may be a chance for 8th. Very slim but not impossible. I've said this before that they won't make the playoffs but if we win all these games in regulation...

Fans never stop dreaming.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
I'm hoping the Isles fall out of contention and the Devils keep playing terribly. If they do, there may be a chance for 8th. Very slim but not impossible. I've said this before that they won't make the playoffs but if we win all these games in regulation...

No, it IS impossible.

Seriously.

thefifagod

I'm The Survivor
Jul 3, 2008

I'll lay you 100 to 1 odds, they're drawing stone cold dead to make the playoffs.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

:laugh:

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
Not the first time an injury happens and then after the game ends they figure out how bad it actually is.

Too bad too, he has been better lately. And of course, broken leg means recovery that isn't on the bike. Bah.

myers has been absolutely atrocious, not only has he done nothing to help us win, he has not only been on the ice for so many goals against, but has been the biggest reason for most of the goals scored on us, he has absolutely no idea what to do with the puck, he has no idea where to position himself, when to hit, when to screen when to try and block the shot, when to pass, who to pass to, when to bank it up the boards, when to swing it around behind his net, when to avoid passes in front of his net, what to do when he is pressured, how to pressure a player who is skating in a net, who to cover in front of the net, what lanes he should be protecting fo rone timers, when to pinch, how to defend a 2 on 1, ow to battle in the corner, where to do when he does come up with the puck, and so on and so on and so on. He has the worst hockey mind I have ever seen and he does not have a clue how to play hockey, and people realized that this year that he had a hell of a fluke year his rookie year because he was allowed to play offense, which is the only thing he can do , and if he is ever going to have a good career in the NHL, whoever has him must realize that.....im sorry and I know there are people who like myers but every single time he gets the puck he makes the wrong choice with it, and stop with the "he's young he'll get better" because pardy, psysyk, webber are young and they make quick smart decisions with the puck, whether it's tsaking the hit to make the pass, or chipping it back behind the net to get it to the other d-man, or getting it up to the winger who is breaking out, they know what they are going to do with the puck before they get it, so even if it's the wrong choice, at least it was quick and they can try and correct it because they understand the possible outcomes of their decisions, but Myers, he has PROVEN that he can't use his size to an advantage, he refuses to take the body as much as he has to hear it from everone, and he is only getting worse...there is no reason to think that he will ever have a year like his rookie year, and there is no reason to think he is going to have anything other that a horrible performance for the rest of his career, and with all they put o him to do....when he has a year like this yeart, it is the difference bewtween a bad team and a good team....guarenteed if he was not in the line up and we did not have to fight back in so many games from his game losing mistakes, we'd have at least 10 more points and be sitting pretty.....i blame myers for a huger part of buffalo's downfll and youm should too.............I cant stand him....just cut your losses, and get the helk rid of stafford because he is horrible is his own zone as well, and does not make up for it either

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
myers has been absolutely atrocious, not only has he done nothing to help us win, he has not only been on the ice for so many goals against, but has been the biggest reason for most of the goals scored on us, he has absolutely no idea what to do with the puck, he has no idea where to position himself, when to hit, when to screen when to try and block the shot, when to pass, who to pass to, when to bank it up the boards, when to swing it around behind his net, when to avoid passes in front of his net, what to do when he is pressured, how to pressure a player who is skating in a net, who to cover in front of the net, what lanes he should be protecting fo rone timers, when to pinch, how to defend a 2 on 1, ow to battle in the corner, where to do when he does come up with the puck, and so on and so on and so on. He has the worst hockey mind I have ever seen and he does not have a clue how to play hockey, and people realized that this year that he had a hell of a fluke year his rookie year because he was allowed to play offense, which is the only thing he can do , and if he is ever going to have a good career in the NHL, whoever has him must realize that....

I am reading this and re-reading this ....over and over.... And am blown away by the fact that it is only two sentences.

Woah.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
This sucks for him. Shame. Gotta say I want to see this young team have the fire and desire to win, good practise and good culture to embed into the team. I want everyone to understand losing is not an option. Can't say I care about the tank or playoffs more than that. Getting a good, working hard and winning culture into this team is more important to me.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
myers has been absolutely atrocious, not only has he done nothing to help us win, he has not only been on the ice for so many goals against, but has been the biggest reason for most of the goals scored on us, he has absolutely no idea what to do with the puck, he has no idea where to position himself, when to hit, when to screen when to try and block the shot, when to pass, who to pass to, when to bank it up the boards, when to swing it around behind his net, when to avoid passes in front of his net, what to do when he is pressured, how to pressure a player who is skating in a net, who to cover in front of the net, what lanes he should be protecting fo rone timers, when to pinch, how to defend a 2 on 1, ow to battle in the corner, where to do when he does come up with the puck, and so on and so on and so on. He has the worst hockey mind I have ever seen and he does not have a clue how to play hockey, and people realized that this year that he had a hell of a fluke year his rookie year because he was allowed to play offense, which is the only thing he can do , and if he is ever going to have a good career in the NHL, whoever has him must realize that.....im sorry and I know there are people who like myers but every single time he gets the puck he makes the wrong choice with it, and stop with the "he's young he'll get better" because pardy, psysyk, webber are young and they make quick smart decisions with the puck, whether it's tsaking the hit to make the pass, or chipping it back behind the net to get it to the other d-man, or getting it up to the winger who is breaking out, they know what they are going to do with the puck before they get it, so even if it's the wrong choice, at least it was quick and they can try and correct it because they understand the possible outcomes of their decisions, but Myers, he has PROVEN that he can't use his size to an advantage, he refuses to take the body as much as he has to hear it from everone, and he is only getting worse...there is no reason to think that he will ever have a year like his rookie year, and there is no reason to think he is going to have anything other that a horrible performance for the rest of his career, and with all they put o him to do....when he has a year like this yeart, it is the difference bewtween a bad team and a good team....guarenteed if he was not in the line up and we did not have to fight back in so many games from his game losing mistakes, we'd have at least 10 more points and be sitting pretty.....i blame myers for a huger part of buffalo's downfll and youm should too.............I cant stand him....just cut your losses, and get the helk rid of stafford because he is horrible is his own zone as well, and does not make up for it either

None of those 3 play anywhere near the minutes that are expected of Myers. Even in a down year like this one Myers was averaging over 21mins a night but he is expected to play 23-25mins a night. Pysyk/Pardy are averaging just under 16mins a night and Weber gets about 18mins. Also of those other 3 only Pysyk (21 years old) is younger than Myers (23yrs). Pardy is not young, he's a 29 year old vet thats struggled to stay in the NHL. Weber has finally got his game where we've always hoped it would get to and he's 25 years old. He's an example of why you show patience with dmen because they usually take time.

I agree with you that Myers' struggles are a big reason we are where we are in the standings. But I would rather fix him than toss him away.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00