Proposal: Myers as a rental to the Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No thx, no reason to trade Myers at this point and that offer wouldn’t change the Jets mind.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
IF Wpg is looking to shed a guy who would be a difference maker in the playoffs for rental prices think a 1st + a non roster prospect excluding Liljegren sandin grundstrom and Bracco.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
No way! Myers is what the Flyers need, and it's taken a long time to finally have more young defensemen than really on oldsters like Andrew McDonald. Hopefully A-Mac stays on the injured list for longer than six weeks.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
the craziest thing is this is probably jdogs, best trade proposal ever. Still not a good enough deal for the Jets but him in peak form would be either lilijgren, grundstrom and a 2nd for Myers, or Myers, Niku, 3rd for carrick, leivo, and 2nd

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like the idea of Myers as a rental, but I feel like the Leafs can ill afford to cough up another second round pick for a very short term addition, and I doubt the Jets want to give a live body to another contender.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Myers wants to stay & if Trouba doesn't re-sign early 2019 will probably be extended pending the day Trouba is traded before draft day.
He's healthy now & has put down roots in the Peg. Both he & his wife are active in fund raising for the pediactics ward @ St. Boniface hospital after his wife had a difficult pregnancy 2 years ago. BTW, 2016-17 was wasn't all injuries as he took some leave for those very family matters. Don't assume every game missed is due to injury. The best organizations grant leave when a player's having family difficulties. They know the player's full concentration won't be on the game anyway & giving the time off is the humane thing to do.
Buffalo signed him to that $5.5 x 7 contract after he won the Calder Memorial Trophy as best NHL rookie. I figure he'll come in @ a similar price as he looks back @ the blemishes in his career since & (along with his wife's input) decide to stay in a comfort zone rather than test the UFA market.
He's willing to do what it takes to help the Jets going as far as to saying he'll play LD if asked (& he might be tried there).

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
the craziest thing is this is probably jdogs, best trade proposal ever. Still not a good enough deal for the Jets but him in peak form would be either lilijgren, grundstrom and a 2nd for Myers, or Myers, Niku, 3rd for carrick, leivo, and 2nd
Your 2nd option is worse than the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad