Proposal: Myers and Stafford to Minnesota

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Hello Sabre fans.

Matt Dumba, Jason Zucker, and the 18th overall in this year's draft for Myers and Stafford. The Wild would have to send back some roster players to Buffalo to help get to the cap floor (i.e. Kyle Brodziak, etc.).

My thoughts are Dumba would add more pop and variety than Myers to your well-rounded blueline prospect pool of Rasmus Ristolainen, Mark Pysyk, Jake McCabe, and Nikita Zadorov. Wild's 2014 1st and Zucker would give your two more good forwards to go with Reinhart (probably?) to add your young group of forwards.

Side note - love what your GM has been doing over the 18 months and I'm excited to see where the Sabres go in the years to come.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Side note - love what your GM has been doing over the 18 months and I'm excited to see where the Sabres go in the years to come.

Our current GM has only been on the job for 5 months. Our last GM is available, though, if you want him.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
It's going to take a lot more than that package to get Myers, let alone adding stafford. Zucker and the 1st are nice pieces, but i would want something around Granlund if Myers was going to MIN

No interest in Dumba either

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
I would want El' Nino to be included, I really liked how his game looked after leaving Long Island.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
These teams can help each other. Value wise, I think the 2015 1st would have to go to BUF too.

MIN 2014,2015 1st + Dumba - Cap Dump for Myers

Zucker for Stafford(50%)

I like Dumba, but think Myers is the best player in the deal both now and going forward. So obviously MIN would need to compensate BUF for that.

MIN becomes a very strong team, but could they hang with CHI/COL/LAK/STL?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I don't like Dumba's hockey sense. I'd want Coyle in any Myers deal.

He's known for boneheaded plays, but he's also crazy athletic and is also known for making outstanding plays. There is no doubt in my mind that he becomes a top 4 defenseman, and if he figures it out, he could be a no. 1.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
So would you then do Coyle and Zucker for Myers?

Where'd the 18th pick go? I'd think long and hard about Coyle + Zucker + 18th overall for Myers and Stafford. But I don't value Myers like most do around here.

Forget Zucker... focus on a Coyle package....

To :sabres

C/W Charlie Coyle
D Matt Dumba
2014 1st RND pick (18th)
Conditional 1st/2nd RND pick (1st if MIN makes 2015 WCF)

To :wild

D Tyler Myers
RW Drew Stafford (@50% 0f $4M = $2M)
2014 3rd RND pick

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Forget Zucker... focus on a Coyle package....

To :sabres

C/W Charlie Coyle
D Matt Dumba
2014 1st RND pick (18th)
Conditional 1st/2nd RND pick (1st if MIN makes 2015 WCF)

To :wild

D Tyler Myers
RW Drew Stafford (@50% 0f $4M = $2M)
2014 3rd RND pick

sign me up lol

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Yes MIN is getting hosed, but I sure as hell am not 'Giving' Tyler Myers to anybody, not even at market value... You want him, prepare to go to the well - 5yrs of investment & a high potential ceiling require an overpayment...

100% agree. There is no need to get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him. If a team wants to overpay, then fine, but Myers doesn't need to be moved anywhere.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Tip for anyone making Myers proposals, stop. We're never going to agree.

Pretty much. Fans of every other team would love to buy him for pennies on the dollar, while most Sabres fans wouldn't even trade him for "fair" market value. He's by far the best player on the team right now and could/should be a huge part of the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad