Proposal: My yearly dumb ass trade offer. Oilers and Sharks

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
One for one trade Nurse for EK. No cap retention

Teams do not like distractions. And EK is now a distraction.

Have at her

Just remember

I am drunk in Thailand and having a HELL of a good time so you can tear my offer apart and I will not care. I am gearing up for a full moon party
Enjoy Thailand.

Nurse doesn't waive his NTC for San Jose.

Sorry your proposal doesn't work.

You must be drunk, if you believe Karlsson is the player Edmonton needs.
I'm sober and I think Karlsson is the player Edmonton needs. We just need another player to play 2nd defense pair too, ugh.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
1st, one of the B's and Petrov. Whatever else agreed upon to help facilitate the trade
I actually think the return of players isn't hard. I think the GM's probably could have hammered that part out. It's the retention on Karlsson that stopped this trade. Reportedly, Grier wanted less than 20%. I expect Holland needed 25% - 30% to make it viable.

1st, Bouchard, Petrov, Barrie, Pulujarvi for Karlsson is a good trade for both teams, but getting the retention down to 8.5M for Karlsson is the key. And if San Jose was going to do that for free.

Personally, I think Grier is waiting for the draft lottery. If they win the lottery, they can try to push the rebuild into overdrive, having EK anchoring the blueline and Bedard the forwards would be much more valuable than having Bedard and anything the Oilers would realistically offer.

Reactions: Grinner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad