My up to date roster for IIHF U18 Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
Clutterbuck is in, and yes, every Canadian game is on TSN, live I believe, including all playoff games. If Moncton beat Drummondville tonight, and I think they did, the other poster is right, Pelletier is a good bet to be Price's backup and Brassard is in the mix at centre but I think they're waiting to see who all is available there before final commitments are made. Getting Latendresse is big to go with Clune, Neal and Yellow Horn on the left side.

Gajewski could be a possibility as well if SSM is ousted tomorrow night, but Pelletier looks like a good idea to go with Price. Moir and Butler would be the other possibles.

Brassard could be a nice fit with Latendresse as neither guy played at the summer U18, although I don't know if they play together in Drummondville?

Picard - Hooper is another possibility out of the Q, especially with Little maybe out and McArdle not being able to play, but a lack of size and so many other players becoming available could hurt his chances.

I will be a bit surprised if Hobson, Drazenovic and/or MA Cote are not on the team at the end of this week. Hobson and Cote were there last summer when Canada won Gold at the U18 World Junior Cup and Drazenovic had a decent year in PG on a pretty crappy team. If James Neal is on the team he will had some size and although he didn't exactly light it up with Plymouth this year, he did have a bit better year stats wise than Hobson and Cote.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
HabLover said:
Gajewski could be a possibility as well if SSM is ousted tomorrow night, but Pelletier looks like a good idea to go with Price. Moir and Butler would be the other possibles.

Brassard could be a nice fit with Latendresse as neither guy played at the summer U18, although I don't know if they play together in Drummondville?

Picard - Hooper is another possibility out of the Q, especially with Little maybe out and McArdle not being able to play, but a lack of size and so many other players becoming available could hurt his chances.

I will be a bit surprised if Hobson, Drazenovic and/or MA Cote are not on the team at the end of this week. Hobson and Cote were there last summer when Canada won Gold at the U18 World Junior Cup and Drazenovic had a decent year in PG on a pretty crappy team. If James Neal is on the team he will had some size and although he didn't exactly light it up with Plymouth this year, he did have a bit better year stats wise than Hobson and Cote.

Just to make myself clear, the following players are confirmed, on the team, got their bags packed and are ready to go: Clune, Neal, Yellow Horn (and now Latendresse I believe) on the left side, Setegouchi, Bertram and Clutterbuck on the right side, Brule, O'Marra in the middle. There are no ifs on these guys. Same thing with the McNeill, Parent and Bourdon on defence.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
Is Little's injury serious?

It was a concussion from a huge open-ice hit. Concussions are tough to judge though, so he's a question mark. He missed the last two games of the series, and when he first got hurt, Barrie's coach seemed pretty convinced he wouldn't play again that series. Personally I doubt he's there.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hossa said:
It was a concussion from a huge open-ice hit. Concussions are tough to judge though, so he's a question mark. He missed the last two games of the series, and when he first got hurt, Barrie's coach seemed pretty convinced he wouldn't play again that series. Personally I doubt he's there.

That's right. Kaspar levelled him while he was skating with his head down. Clean check but Little was out cold.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
Just to make myself clear, the following players are confirmed, on the team, got their bags packed and are ready to go: Clune, Neal, Yellow Horn (and now Latendresse I believe) on the left side, Setegouchi, Bertram and Clutterbuck on the right side, Brule, O'Marra in the middle. There are no ifs on these guys. Same thing with the McNeill, Parent and Bourdon on defence.

What was that Bob?

Better adjust your line-up, nothing is for sure until these guys are on the plane!

Some other guys could come into the picture now and with Little being a question mark.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:

Bring on Mikkelson for Team Canada as his Portland Winter Hawks were eliminated this evening. It's possible Chris Lawrence from the Greyhounds locks up a spot at center.

The team should be named Thursday and will leave Friday for Europe.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
HabLover said:
What was that Bob?

Better adjust your line-up, nothing is for sure until these guys are on the plane!

Some other guys could come into the picture now and with Little being a question mark.

Hey, $#!+ happens, especially on the injury front. The point I was making was that the forwards I mentioned were available, had been asked and, injuries aside, would be going. The posters were debating whether Neal and Yellow Horn would be there and the post I put up said there's no debate on those guys, they had been asked, they had accepted. I'm sure the Brule decision surprised Hockey Canada because he was firm in their minds, but the kid plays so hard I understand he's beat up quite badly right now. I agree with the posting on Mikkelson and Lawrence, with Portland and the Soo losing Game 7s last night, they should be automatic...if they're healthy enough, of course.

;)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
GuiG said:
I think James Sheppard should be a good addition.

Sheppard is an '88, this tourney is essentially for 1987 born players. Canada has too many options at the 1987 year and won't be taking any underage players, they never do, unless another Gretzky, Lindros, Crosby, etc. comes along.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
BobMckenzie said:
Clutterbuck is in, and yes, every Canadian game is on TSN, live I believe, including all playoff games. If Moncton beat Drummondville tonight, and I think they did, the other poster is right, Pelletier is a good bet to be Price's backup and Brassard is in the mix at centre but I think they're waiting to see who all is available there before final commitments are made. Getting Latendresse is big to go with Clune, Neal and Yellow Horn on the left side.
Glad to hear that, Bob. I'm currently in Riga, making my way down to Ceske Budejovice in time for the tournament, so hopefully I'll see everyone there!

Should be a lot of fun.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Seachd said:
Glad to hear that, Bob. I'm currently in Riga, making my way down to Ceske Budejovice in time for the tournament, so hopefully I'll see everyone there!

Should be a lot of fun.

Canadian roster is almost set. Pending any last minute changes it should look like this.

Price and Pelletier in net.

McNeill, Parent, Bourdon, Mikkelson, Gragnani, Paquet, Letang on the bluelilne.

Latendresse, Clune, Yellow HOrn and Neal on the left side.

Setegouchi, Bertram, Clutterbuck, Lawrence on the right side.

O'Marra, Bass, Brassard at centre.

Leaves two more spots. If St. Mike's Buzzers lose tonight in Game 7 at Port HOpe, Cogliano will probably be added. Not sure who else.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BobMckenzie said:
Canadian roster is almost set. Pending any last minute changes it should look like this.

Leaves two more spots. If St. Mike's Buzzers lose tonight in Game 7 at Port HOpe, Cogliano will probably be added. Not sure who else.

Bob, who do you peg as the favorite at this year's tournament? Canada seems to have a nice looking roster.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:

Little must be out then??

What about a guy like Drazenovic or even Picard - Hooper?

Cogliano would be huge for Team Canada if he becomes available.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'm glad to see Gragnani put onto the roster, he's a young defenceman that is really enjoyable to watch because he plays much older than his age, imo. He doesn't do anything spectacular which results in him probably getting less attention than he deserves. He is basically a Canadian version of Oskars Bartulis imo.

I predict that Latendresse will be the best player in this tournament. He's coming off an extraordinary series against Moncton, and I expect he'll continue the strong play.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
Bob, who do you peg as the favorite at this year's tournament? Canada seems to have a nice looking roster.

Boy, I'm flattered you would think to ask my opinion on this, but honestly, I don't have nearly enough knowledge on any of the other teams to make any kind of informed opinion. Suffice to say you guys follow this stuff more closely than I, so I always defer to the experts...and that's definitely not me...this time anyway.

;)

BeerTuzzi

Nov 27, 2003
USA has a nice looking roster in my opinion. Top end offence is very good. alittle young

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
BeerTuzzi said:
USA has a nice looking roster in my opinion. Top end offence is very good. alittle young

The 88's in the USA's lineup aren't going to lose them any games. They're obviously talented, but they won't see the bulk of the ice-time.

Canada has several 88's they could invite to this tourney, but they feel developing experience and creating more depth for down the road serves a better purpose.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
HabLover said:
The 88's in the USA's lineup aren't going to lose them any games. They're obviously talented, but they won't see the bulk of the ice-time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Mueller is one of the leading scorers in the tournament.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
BobMckenzie said:

4 Q dmen. The sky must be falling ;)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
cagney said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Mueller is one of the leading scorers in the tournament.

Well, obviously that could happen and I don't think it would suprise the heck out of anyone if he is near the top. Kessel would be the odds on fav to lead the USA in scoring and after that there could a number of guys who have good tourney's.

Canada should have a few guys near the top, but the scoring for Canada may be a little more spread out now with no Crosby, Brule, Bradford, McArdle and perhaps no Little or Cogliano. Cogliano led the tourney in scoring last summer, with Brule, Little and Bradford not far behind.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
HabLover said:
Cogliano would be huge for Team Canada if he becomes available.

Bad news for Team Canada...no Cogliano. St. Mike's Buzzer's beat Port Hope in Game 7 to advance to the OPJHL finals vs. Georgetown. Good news for my kid, who plays on the Buzzers. At least three more weeks of hockey as both Georgetown and St. Mike's go to the Dudley Hewitt Cup (Ontario championship) no matter what happens in the final.

:yo: :handclap: :clap:

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
Oh, no Western Canada is represented as much as kids from Quebec and Ontario. I recall those in the East seemed to have a fit that the Jr team was filled with kids from the West so I am wondering what they think now. If I recall correctly many decided to cheer for other countrues because of it. Most if us just want the best team on the ice and I hope they win whether there is 0 westerners or 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->