My up to date roster for IIHF U18 Team Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
These are the guys who I think have already been invited or are being considered at this point. There could be some more players made available tonight or in the next few days that will also get serious consideration. At the bottom are all the guys who I think will be considered depending on how there CHL team fares in the 1st round.

Forwards
Dan Bertram - Boston College/NCAA
Adam Hobson - Spokane/WHL
Nick Drazenovic - Prince George/WHL
Devon Setoguchi - Saskatoon/WHL
Colton Yellow Horn - Lethbridge/WHL
Richard Clune - Sarnia/OHL
Cal Clutterbuck - Oshawa/OHL
Marc-Andre Cote - Acadie-Bathurst/QMJHL

Defence

Luc Bourdon - Val'dor/QMJHL
JP Paquet - Shawinigan/QMJHL
Ryan Parent - Guelph/OHL
Patrick McNeill - Saginaw/OHL

Goalies
No one as of yet

Possibles depending on how the CHL playoffs turn out;

Kenndal McArdle - Moose Jaw/WHL
Kris Russell - Medicine Hat/WHL
Ryan Russell - Kootenay/WHL
Gilbert Brule - Vancouver/WHL
Carey Price - Tri-City/WHL
Brendan Mikkelson - Portland/WHL
Dustin Butler - Portland/WHL
Ryan O'Marra - Erie/OHL
Steve Downie - Windsor/OHL
Bryan Little - Barrie/OHL
Ryan Wilson - Toronto/OHL
Mike Duco - Kitchener/OHL
Cody Bass - Mississauga/OHL
Guillaume Latendresse - Drummondville/QMJHL
Derick Brassard - Drummondville/QMJHL
Pier-Olivier Pelletier - Drummondville/QMJHL
Alexandre Picard-Hooper - Baie-Comeau/QMJHL
Marc-Andre Gragnani - PEI/QMJHL
Mathieu Carle - Acadie-Bathurst/QMJHL
Ryan Mior - PEI/QMJHL
Andrew Cogliano - St. Mike's/OPJHL

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Cal Clutterbuck was seriously injured at the end of the regular season, so I'm not sure if his health will permit him to play. James Neal of Plymouth probably has a good shot at making the team.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Well, you can add Ryan O'Marra and Kendall McArdle as VERY likely candidates to be named to Team Canada. Their respective clubs were both knocked out of the playoffs tonight and are now available to play.

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
HabLover said:
Well, you can add Ryan O'Marra and Kendall McArdle as VERY likely candidates to be named to Team Canada. Their respective clubs were both knocked out of the playoffs tonight and are now available to play.

Ditto for Gilbert Brule.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Cal Clutterbuck was seriously injured at the end of the regular season, so I'm not sure if his health will permit him to play. James Neal of Plymouth probably has a good shot at making the team.

What happened to Clutterbuck? Do you know the extent of his injury?

James Neal probably has an outside chance at being named to the team, only if injuries are hampering some of the other players. It seems everyday it's getting tougher for Team Canada to name a team and with guys like Brule, O'Marra and McArdle coming available today it's getting tougher. If Drummondville is ousted in the Q, Latendresse is a lock and his teammates Derick Brassard and PO Pellitier are good bets as well. Canada is really filling up quickly at the forward position with the strong 1987 birth year, even though all '87's are not available.

HabLover said:
What happened to Clutterbuck? Do you know the extent of his injury?

James Neal probably has an outside chance at being named to the team, only if injuries are hampering some of the other players. It seems everyday it's getting tougher for Team Canada to name a team and with guys like Brule, O'Marra and McArdle coming available today it's getting tougher. If Drummondville is ousted in the Q, Latendresse is a lock and his teammates Derick Brassard and PO Pellitier are good bets as well. Canada is really filling up quickly at the forward position with the strong 1987 birth year, even though all '87's are not available.

I think Neal has a better shot because this is a undersized group of forwards.

whismer

Dec 3, 2003
Does James Sheppard will receive an invitation ??

I hope ... he's one of my fav guy !!

Whismer

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
I think Dan Ryder and James Neal have pretty good shots to make the team as well. You didn't mention any goalies, but I think Real Cyr has a good chance.

Dan Ryder and the Peterborough Petes have advanced to the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs, thus preventing Ryder to play in the tournament. The 2nd round of the CHL playoffs won't be over in time for players to participate in the IIHF U18 tourney.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
You have Gragnani down as an also pick.Don't you think he will be closer to a
sure thing?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Panda Bear said:
Is Yellow Horn an 87? There will be no 88's on team Canada with all the good 87's

Yellow Horn is an '87 and should get serious consideration considering the amount of points he put in Lethbridge this year. If guys like Cogliano and Bradford are unavailable, then Yellow Horn could be a perfect fit.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
HabLover said:
Yellow Horn is an '87 and should get serious consideration considering the amount of points he put in Lethbridge this year. If guys like Cogliano and Bradford are unavailable, then Yellow Horn could be a perfect fit.

McArdle is hurt and won't be on the team. The left wingers confirmed so far are Clune, Neal and Yellow Horn. If Drummondville goes out, Latendresse is in. On the right side, Setegouchi, Bertram and Clutterbuck are in. One of Lawrence or Downie, whichever one loses in Game 7, will likely be in. Brule and O'Marra are the only two centres in for sure at this point and McNeill, Parent and Bourdon are the first three defenceman at this point. If Portland loses, Mikkelson should be in. Same thing with Russell in the Hat, although he's hurt. Price will be the starter in net with either Pelletier or Mior as the backup.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
pei fan said:
You have Gragnani down as an also pick.Don't you think he will be closer to a
sure thing?

It's looking more like he could be on the team now, but there are still others. Ryan Wilson is definitely out as Toronto has advanced to the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs.

If Portland loses Game 7 in their WHL playoff series with Everett, Mikkelson would be a sure bet for Team Canada.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
Look for Mississauga's Cody Bass to be named to the line-up. He'll be used in a checking role and as a shut down guy. Bass is also an outstanding penalty killer. Canada will surely require outstanding penalty killing to win this tournament with European officiating.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
with Drummondville out. Latendresse is in for sure

strong consideration for Derrick Brassard and Pierre-Olivier Pelletier too...

Evil Homer

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
McArdle is hurt and won't be on the team. The left wingers confirmed so far are Clune, Neal and Yellow Horn. If Drummondville goes out, Latendresse is in. On the right side, Setegouchi, Bertram and Clutterbuck are in. One of Lawrence or Downie, whichever one loses in Game 7, will likely be in. Brule and O'Marra are the only two centres in for sure at this point and McNeill, Parent and Bourdon are the first three defenceman at this point. If Portland loses, Mikkelson should be in. Same thing with Russell in the Hat, although he's hurt. Price will be the starter in net with either Pelletier or Mior as the backup.

I think this will be one of the rare cases where the world championship team is on par with the summer world cup team. Too bad about McArdle though. Is Clutterbuck in? There was some talk of an injury.

Any TV?

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
Evil Homer said:
I think this will be one of the rare cases where the world championship team is on par with the summer world cup team. Too bad about McArdle though. Is Clutterbuck in? There was some talk of an injury.

Any TV?

Clutterbuck is in, and yes, every Canadian game is on TSN, live I believe, including all playoff games. If Moncton beat Drummondville tonight, and I think they did, the other poster is right, Pelletier is a good bet to be Price's backup and Brassard is in the mix at centre but I think they're waiting to see who all is available there before final commitments are made. Getting Latendresse is big to go with Clune, Neal and Yellow Horn on the left side.

BobMckenzie said:
Clutterbuck is in, and yes, every Canadian game is on TSN, live I believe, including all playoff games. If Moncton beat Drummondville tonight, and I think they did, the other poster is right, Pelletier is a good bet to be Price's backup and Brassard is in the mix at centre but I think they're waiting to see who all is available there before final commitments are made. Getting Latendresse is big to go with Clune, Neal and Yellow Horn on the left side.

Is Little's injury serious?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:
Is Little's injury serious?

Concussion I believe and I read on the Barrie site he was supposedly a possibility for tonights game and if there had been a game 7, he would have probably been in.

Doesn't sound good though, especially being a concussion and all, although he will have about 7 - 10 days from now to rest before any ex. games or the tourney opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad