29. VAN- Mark McNeill C Prince Albert
30. PHI- Daniel Catenacci C Soo

Notable players not picked:
Tomas Jurco Saint John
Zach Phillils Saint John
JT Miller LW USNTDP
Alexander Khokalchev C Windsor
Mark Scheifele C Barrie

I highly doubt BOS goes with two defense-men in the first, and I also highly doubt they even keep their own pick, they might trade it for a solid veteran puck mover like a Pitkanen at the dead line. I do think that BOS will target Murphy though, he fits their need, speedy puck mover on the back end that can carry it in and make the key passes.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
I highly doubt BOS goes with two defense-men in the first, and I also highly doubt they even keep their own pick, they might trade it for a solid veteran puck mover like a Pitkanen at the dead line. I do think that BOS will target Murphy though, he fits their need, speedy puck mover on the back end that can carry it in and make the key passes.

yeah, i definitly agree with you on that, but im not predicting any trades at this time. but i think they would double dip on d if musil was there at 20. they stocked up on forwards the last few years, its time for them to add some d. murphy is a perfect fit, and musil could be a great compliment to colby cohen when theyre both ready

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
yeah, i definitly agree with you on that, but im not predicting any trades at this time. but i think they would double dip on d if musil was there at 20. they stocked up on forwards the last few years, its time for them to add some d. murphy is a perfect fit, and musil could be a great compliment to colby cohen when theyre both ready

They do have a stock pile of young and up incoming forwards like Colborne, Caron, Sauve, Knight and Spooner, that isn't even counting Seguin or Marchand who are already in the NHL. It is a possibility but I doubt they keep their first just like last year.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
We also have Warsofsky with 18 points in 23 games with BU from the Sobotka trade with St.Louis. Bartkowski and Alexandrov are probably our top D prospects excluding Kampfer, and as you said we have Cohen too.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
We also have Warsofsky with 18 points in 23 games with BU from the Sobotka trade with St.Louis. Bartkowski and Alexandrov are probably our top D prospects excluding Kampfer, and as you said we have Cohen too.

forgot about warsofsky. man, boston is loaded for the future. most likely theyll trade the pick. im betting on it to either toronto in a package for kaberle, or possibly to florida during their yearly fire sale

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
forgot about warsofsky. man, boston is loaded for the future. most likely theyll trade the pick. im betting on it to either toronto in a package for kaberle, or possibly to florida during their yearly fire sale

We don't need anything from Florida though, we already robbed them for Seidenberg, Horton and Campbell.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
We don't need anything from Florida though, we already robbed them for Seidenberg, Horton and Campbell.

im a florida kid, and that horton trade kills me. the man has so much talent, and just wasted it away here. but i was thinking u guys might wanna take mccabe off our hands (although rangers seem to be on that). mike weaver could be moved as well. id say bryan allen, but nobody wants him, he cant even skate backwards any more

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

ATM in time, if they were smart they would. they do not need any more forwards.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I wonder just how ready the Oilers would be to take a player that might remain in junior for 1 and possibly 2 more years. The Oilers have also said they want size down the middle.

Why does it matter if RNH plays in junior for 2 more years?

Are the Oil trying to win the cup in 2012 or 2013? No, they aren't.

But yes, I know they want size down the middle...but that doesn't mean you should pass on someone who could be more dynamic.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
i seriously think the Devils should take RNH at no.1

just from what ive seen of RNH - Larsson - Landeskog - Couterier

RNH seems the most dynamic and most warranting a no. 1 pick

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the isles or oilers pass the sens...Obviously Couturier is going to be a good player (actually, not really obvious), but I would rather one of Larsson, RNH, or Landeskog..

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I would be displeased if Buffalo took a Dman in the first round. Hamilton over Strome would be very upsetting indeed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would be displeased if Buffalo took a Dman in the first round. Hamilton over Strome would be very upsetting indeed.

Agreed. Huberdeau or Strome there makes a world more sense for them. Nothing against Niagara's Hamilton -- real good kid, lot of things to like about his game that in just about any other year would have me very interested. But not this year. They have to go forward with their first pick and it should be someone with dynamic offensive abilities -- not more of this two-way winger bull that some "sources" seem so intent on as well. They're looking for O. Period.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
If I was Boston, I would try like hell to move up to get Larsson. Like ppl said they got the forward batch, and to be able to get someone like Larsson and have him on an rookie contract for 3 years would do wonders for them I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->