My top 60 so far for 2013

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Yup. Look out for Nick Baptiste. I got the chance to see him play a few weeks ago and he blew me away. He's 15 and 6'2 180lbs already. His dad is Haitian and didn't even want his son to get into hockey, knowing nothing about the sport, but Nick is a natural. He's crazy athletic and just flies down the wing with authority and plays with a serious edge.

He should go top 3-5 in the OHL draft this year. I don't think it will take too long for him to make an impact on which ever OHL team he's drafted by.

So he's back from injury? Sounds like season's over anyways.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
IMO you have Sean Monahan way too low

In his rookie year he's quietly put up decent numbers on a good ottawa team

But the upside is huge for this kid

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
IMO you have Sean Monahan way too low

In his rookie year he's quietly put up decent numbers on a good ottawa team

But the upside is huge for this kid

I agree I would put Sean Monahan in the top 10-15. I would also have Adam Erne as the top forward. I think he is better than Lazar.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
So he's back from injury? Sounds like season's over anyways.

No, he's not. Scheduled to go under the knife this week. Hurt the shoulder first in Peterborough, rehabbed like crazy to be able to play at the Canada Games (only EOMHL player to make the team), but re-injured it while there. Only got two games in with Ontario before going down. Meanwhile, the Sens and OV Titans started their series and it was game 3 when he got back in town from Halifax, but docs and team said he was done. We covered game 5 when the Sens were eliminated. So their league season is over. There's a very outside shot that they could still be invited to the OHL Cup based on their regular season success, but coach Kennedy was pretty sure it wouldn't happen. So looks like their season is done.

Plouffe and Hennigar both had good stretches during the game, but it was obvious how much he was missed. I interviewed him in the second intermission and he really wished he could have been out there. Still he was happy with the choice to play Canada Games and said it was a great opportunity to meet and play with the best guys in his age group in Ontario. Great kid and I wish him nothing but the best in September!

Gervess

@Gervess
Jan 3, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec
Hey sveiglar, you look like someone that cover the minor midgets from my region, do you know the the AAA Wilds, do they have any player that looks like a good prospect for the OHL. Also do you look at Major Bantam AAA, i yes do you know Bruno Cheff from the Major Bantam AAA Wilds and what do you think of him if you have seen him play. Thanks

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
Nichushkin, Tolchinsky and Iljin are top players for 1995 I would say. 1 one plays for 1994 and he is the better player on the team. I hope he plays with Grigorenko someday.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
as for Brian Williams not being on the top 60 list, well not sure what to say about that. kid has been fantastic at times, and average at others, but he has been battling some injuries throughout the year, and though the Selects are still kicking ass, they dont have that offensive support of previous years. stats dont tell the story as to how double teamed Williams gets on the ice, and still is at a p.p.g.

Brian Williams should be on this list, anyone who has seen this kid will attest to that. No way he is anywhere below #25 at this point.

Glad to see Adam Erne back up high on your, kid could be a special player.

One kid who certainly belongs on your list is Scott Savage, defenseman from the LA Selects. The kid is a flat out stud. I love the way he rushes the ice, reminds of a Jon Blum at the same age. He is rated very high on a lot of services, he definitely belongs in the top 60 at this point. Probably only behind Santini and Butcher for top 95's in the country for the 2013 draft...DeAngelo is 2014 so not counting him.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
as for Brian Williams not being on the top 60 list, well not sure what to say about that. kid has been fantastic at times, and average at others, but he has been battling some injuries throughout the year, and though the Selects are still kicking ass, they dont have that offensive support of previous years. stats dont tell the story as to how double teamed Williams gets on the ice, and still is at a p.p.g.

Brian Williams should be on this list, anyone who has seen this kid will attest to that. No way he is anywhere below #25 at this point.

Glad to see Adam Erne back up high on your, kid could be a special player.

One kid who certainly belongs on your list is Scott Savage, defenseman from the LA Selects. The kid is a flat out stud. I love the way he rushes the ice, reminds of a Jon Blum at the same age. He is rated very high on a lot of services, he definitely belongs in the top 60 at this point. Probably only behind Santini and Butcher for top 95's in the country for the 2013 draft...DeAngelo is 2014 so not counting him.

Savage I heard of, I never saw LA Selects this year, but I did see Williams in the off season I was not as impressed with him as I was before...but I did not know about injuries with him so that could have been it.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Savage I heard of, I never saw LA Selects this year, but I did see Williams in the off season I was not as impressed with him as I was before...but I did not know about injuries with him so that could have been it.

Savage is a real good one, however you get the chance to see him scoutman, I would suggest doing so because he looks like a complete package this early on. not saying he is going to be the next drew doughty or anything like that, but the kid is pretty special.

as for Williams he had leg/groin problems for the past few months, just seems to be getting over it now. when I saw him against the CYA's and then team Illinois, the buzz was he has been battling through some nagging injury, and anyone that had a groin problem knows how hard that is to play through as you are afraid to really push it skating or shooting wise as well.

still not sure if he is 100%, but we havent seen him in a few months as the Selects havent been back here in awhile.

keep an eye on JT Compher as well, one of the top forwards in the country (currently a teammate of Guertler whos on your list), heading to the USNDP and then Michigan. Not saying he is top 60 yet (could be, but who knows), just someone to keep an eye on as he has been so impressive this year for Team Illinois.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Hey sveiglar, you look like someone that cover the minor midgets from my region, do you know the the AAA Wilds, do they have any player that looks like a good prospect for the OHL. Also do you look at Major Bantam AAA, i yes do you know Bruno Cheff from the Major Bantam AAA Wilds and what do you think of him if you have seen him play. Thanks

First let me say up front; I'm not a scout. :) Unfortunately I haven't seen the Wild this season; we didn't cover AAA nearly as often as we did last season. I hope that changes next year. Sorry!

pmorris

May 24, 2008
NYC Area
Don't you think Subban should be a little higher? I remember P.K. had a great junior career, got drafted in the mid-2nd round cause of some worries about how reliable he is defensively, and is now a steal for Montreal. I doubt other GMs would make the same mistake again, especially if Jordan looks just like his brother.

pouskin74*

There always seems to be one Russian kid from Traktor that is hyped 2-3 years before draft day :laugh:

Why is that?

EDIT: and what is your stat format?

Nichuskin is definitely great prospect and is very well known at least 2 years already among people who are following kids hockey in Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:

03aaaguru

Mar 3, 2011
South Buffalo
Buffalo '95's

First time posting on here. I am interested in hearing comments on some '95's from the Buffalo area. Specifically these players (former teammates of my son):
Patrick Polino
Dylan McLaughlin
Kyle Eastman
Wilson Vershay
Justin Bailey
Sean Malone
T. J. Dockery
Joe Palumbo (Rochester).
Would just like to know where they rate in the overall picture. Thanks

Ams1fan

Sep 10, 2009
Brian Williams question...

Anyone know where this kid has decided to play next year?

I'm a Tri-City Americans season ticket holder and I remember him from rookie camp. I only got to see him in a few scrimmages but you could see the talent, vision, and crisp passing. He was the only one that when he passed the puck you could hear it hit the tape of the player receiving it. I can also understand the knock on him. As good as he was you could tell he was only bringing about 75% effort, like it was beneath him a little to be scrimmaging with other 15-16 y/o's that weren't in his league. He'd make some great moves but then the puck would roll off his stick and he'd give up on the play. Still I would love to have him and I hope he chooses the Dub for his hockey development, although with California kids it may be a long shot.

Glad to see other Americans prospects on the list.

- Connor Rankin is an absolute stud. He's a top 6 forward on a team that is pretty loaded with offensive weapons and he's still a late B-day 16 y/o.

- Eric Comrie also looked very good in camp and word his he'll get a chance to compete for starter next year, even as a rookie. (a la Calvin Pickard)

Anyone that watches the LA Selects, can you tell me how Trevor Moore is doing? I really liked this kid from rookie camp. Played well enough to get listed and was moved up to main camp too. Probably irrelevant for this thread as his size will likely keep him from getting drafted and he's under the radar, but he reminded me of guy who could be a Tyler Johnson type player. He had wheels and was fearless playing against bigger guys.

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
Eric Roy has really started to show some big league talent in the last month. Starting to play in more key situations and makes those plays most players don't even see. He's up to speed at both ends of the ice and will only get better.
No way kids still playing midget are better prospects.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Really love Eric Comries game, I can see him rising into the top 10 if he continues developing, possibly the highest picked goalie since Carey Price. Personally love Duclair also. He's gonna be a scary player once he starts putting on weight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->