30. Niklas Folin [SWE] D

-------------------------------------------
HM
31. Gianluca Curcuruto [OHL] D
32. Dominic Poulin [LHJMQ] D
33. Francis Beauvillier [LHJMQ] F
34. Marcus McIvor [OHL] D
35. Andreas Athanasious [OHL] F

Any player in the top 3 can go 1st overall. I can see Grigorenko falling due to the Russian factor which sucks to put him so low. Michael Matheson is the biggest wildcard here as I can easily see him going on the top 6-7. Slater Koekkoek is another player that can easily play himself in the top 14.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jesse Graham is going to climb onto this list next season.

Haven't seen him play, do you have a scouting report?

I did draft him in my EHM league, if that counts. :) But yeah there are going to be tons of risers and fallers at the start of the next NHL season.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I was very impressed with Matia Marcantuoni at the U17's. He's very quick and dynamic. Definitely a work in progress but wow, so much upside.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Haven't seen him play, do you have a scouting report?

I did draft him in my EHM league, if that counts. :) But yeah there are going to be tons of risers and fallers at the start of the next NHL season.

What's holding him back right now is his size. He looks about 140lbs, but I imagine he will put on quite a bit. He will probably be the best skater amongst defensemen in the draft. Great vision, great puck movement. As a rookie, he's already on the top pairing with Dougie Hamilton on a very strong Niagara Ice Dogs team.

People talked about Ryan Murphy being the next Ryan Ellis, but they are different players. Graham is a very very similar style to Ellis.

OilerOlli*

I want Ebert or Reinhart for the Oilers. Should both be future Top Defenders in the NHL.

btw. No interesting North American Forwards in that draft class so far?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want Ebert or Reinhart for the Oilers. Should both be future Top Defenders in the NHL.

btw. No interesting North American Forwards in that draft class so far?

Matia Marcantuoni and Alex Galchenyuk (if he plays for US) are both going to be great, but this draft is just defense first forwards later mentality.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
What's holding him back right now is his size. He looks about 140lbs, but I imagine he will put on quite a bit. He will probably be the best skater amongst defensemen in the draft. Great vision, great puck movement. As a rookie, he's already on the top pairing with Dougie Hamilton on a very strong Niagara Ice Dogs team.

People talked about Ryan Murphy being the next Ryan Ellis, but they are different players. Graham is a very very similar style to Ellis.

Big Jesse Graham fan as well. Give him a few years to grow into his body, and he's going to really be a force. World class skater and uses it to his absolute advantage. See him being a top 10 pick in 2012.

Reminds me a lot of a defenseman by the name of Brad Tiley that won an OHL Championship with Adam Foote and the Soo in '91.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I think by next year Taylor Burke from Gatineau will be in the running for a 1st round pick...big, strong, power forward, makes his checks, amazing faceboff man, great puck control, excellent IQ, very good shooting ability and excellent playmaking, he is a two way power forward who is a great leader.

This looks almost like my draft with the exception of two players in the first round and a few players almost where I ranked them but just moved a few spots...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think by next year Taylor Burke from Gatineau will be in the running for a 1st round pick...big, strong, power forward, makes his checks, amazing faceboff man, great puck control, excellent IQ, very good shooting ability and excellent playmaking, he is a two way power forward who is a great leader.

This looks almost like my draft with the exception of two players in the first round and a few players almost where I ranked them but just moved a few spots...

:laugh: Great minds must think a like then.

I'm going to go look at your list right now.

E: I was debating between Burke and Athanasious for the last spot and even though I agree with what you said, I just prefer Athanasious more. Though 2012 is going to be another strong depth year for the Q.

E: Wow! Our lists are pretty similar, lol proven that great minds think a like. :naughty:

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Ryan Murray and Yakupov will be the top 2.

Dumba will be in the top 10.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Ahh, I see. Is there a certain reason that people don't recognize Bourke? (obviously my opinion is a bit biased) He seems to have at least set himself apart from 94 born forwards in the dub.

I agree, it's puzzling.

He had a very solid Under 17 as well over the Xmas holidays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad