My top 30 for 2011

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
1. Adam Larsson—Defense—Skellefeta Pro 6’03/220
I still think this guy is the number 1, great all around big strong defender who is smart, these guys don't come along every day.

2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins—Red Deer 6’00/164
Super skilled, amazing playmaker, I like this guy and his exciting game, he will be a star in the NHL I think he is that skilled.

3. Jonathan Huberdeau-F-Saint John 6’00/154
Amazing hands, great shot, good playmaker, exciting player, will need another year in junior though, but amazing ability.

4. Sean Couturier—Forward—Drumm 6’04/191 The only thing keeping Sean from being in the top 3 is skating, his hands, IQ, shooting and playmaking are all top notch but he needs more determination and better skating.

5. Gabriel Landeskog—Forward—Kitchener 6’01/207 The ultimate player in the draft, strong, hard hitting, good defense, good offense, gives 110% everyshift, might go as high as 3rd overall.

6. Dougie Hamilton—Def—Niagra 6’04/193 Big defender with great two way ability, he will run a PP, play good defense and use his body.

7. Ryan Strome—Forward—Niagra 6’01/183 Exciting player to watch, best one on one player in draft IMO, needs to work on defensive game.

8. Mika Zibanejad—Forward—Djurg Pro 6’01/183 This guy might surprise a lot of people in the draft and go top 5, he is a good hitter, good offense and gives a great effort on the ice, he is a tricky puck handler.

9. Jonas Brodin—Defense—Farjestad Pro 6’01/170
Safe and steady defender, will not blow you away with his offense but in his own end he is steller for sure.

10. Duncan Siemens—D—Saskatoon 6’03/192
Physical and strong, a good defender who can chip in from the point, he has to work to do to his game, but he is a good young defender for sure.

11. Sven Bartschi—Forward—Portland 5’10/185
I like this guy a lot, he is a great offensive player, his game I can see translating well to the next level.

12. Joel Armia—Forward—Assat Pro 6’03/187
I think this guy has the ability to be a very good player and has the ability that later down the road teams will say why didn't he go higher, he is an amazing goal scorer, great movement without the puck.

13. Mark Scheifele—F—Barrie 6’03/174
I hate putting guys who come out of no where high in my 1st rounds, but this guy proved to me in the U18s, and the season that he is a good player who is great talent.

14. Ryan Murphy—Def—Kitchener 5’11/176
This guys offensive game is 2nd to none and is amazing with the puck and can make people forget how he needs to work on the game in his own end, one deminsional and good at it, but the risk is too high to draft him too high that is why I have him lower.

15. Mark McNeill—For—Prince Albert 6’02/210
Excellent power forward, he will not blow you away with his moves, but he is strong, has good hands around the net, good shooter, does the little things right and produces.

16. Jamie Oleksiak—D—Northeastern 6’07/244
Last year I had this guy in my 1st round, but someone told me I was nuts, I saw size and a guy who never put it all together yet because he never grew in his body, but the person was a guy who watched him A LOT more than I did, so I listened and kept him out of my first round, but I think now this guy is big, strong and great defensive player, so he is back in my first round.

17. Alexander Khokhlachev-F-Windsor 5’10/172 I still like this guy, he is a great offensive player who I found brought me out of my seat a few times, I think he is very very skilled and has big time ability.

18. Scott Mayfield—D—Youngstown 6’04/175
Still working on his game, but his size is a big plus, he is a great skater, he needs to put weight on though and he is a project in the works, but his offensive skill has a pretty good cealing for the future and he plays a good defensive game.

19. Zach Philips—F—Saint John 6’00/180
A very good playmaker, works hard, plays good in his own end, needs to work on skating big time, he is sluggish especially on his acceleration.

20. Rocco Grimaldi—F—NTDP 18 5’06/161
I love this guy, he is ultra talented, never scared on the ice, he has electric skill and can be a game changer, he keeps proving people wrong by dominating in high end leagues.

21. David Musil—Defense—Vancouver 6’03/200
I like this guys game, you have to watch him to appriciate his game, he will not stand out too you in the game, but he does all the little things right and his first pass in money I found, very smart.

22. Matt Puempel—Forward—Peterb 6’00/190
This guy imo still has amazing goal scoring ability, he has great hands, deadly ability to find the back of the net and is great at getting open, I think this guy is going to be a good player.

23. Victor Rask—Forward—Leksand Semi Pro 6’02/194
Was falling on a lot of list, he had a strong U18 showing, I think teams will see the potential in this guy and take a chance on him, he is a skilled player for sure who can be a big home run pick.

24. Nicklas D. Jensen—For—Oshawa 6’03/186
Adjustment was a bit slow, but a good skater, excellent ability on the ice, I think he is a great player who was showing what he can do at the end o the year, he will be a great player next year in the CHL and I think could end up being a steal.

25. Nathan Beaulieu—Def—Saint John 6’03/191
I think this guy is over hyped for the draft, I love him off the rush, his skating is amazing, he loves to pinch, I know he got better knowing when to and when not to pinch but I still question his hockey sense sometimes.

26. Tyler Biggs—Forward—NTDP 18 6’02/207
Strong, tough, hard hitter and a great shot, he is a scary player to play against and that mean streak with his ability to fight, play tough, hit the heck out of players and score goals will be a big plus for any team.

27. Tomas Jurco—For—Saint John 6’00/180 This guy has good hands, and solid offensive skills, he stil has a lot to develop to his game but he has the ability to bring fans out of there seats and he has a wow factor, his skill is hard to pass on.

28. Brandon Saad—Forward—Saginaw 6’02/211 This guy has top notch still and size, but and people have been saying mostof his career he just has to put it all together, we are still saying it, and im not sure he ever will put it all together, he is a good pick though because he could be a big home run hit in the draft and make you look amazing or he will be a good 3rd to 4th line player who is hard hitting.

29. J.T. Miller—Forward—NTDP 18 6’01/194 I have always liked this player and thought he has it all on the ice, not a flashy player but hard worker, great two way player who is good offensivly, his offensive game is underrated.

30. Joe Morrow—Defense—Portland 6’01/198
A very solid two way d-man, he is a solid pick in the draft, he will not be a wow type player but does it all right.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
One mistake:

Landeskog....might go as high as 2nd overall. Catch my drift? Lol.

Still have a strong feeling he goes 2nd to the Avs.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
I actually like this ranking, with a few exceptions ofc. This might not be the right order for the draft, but you and i have about the same taste.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad