25- Nathan Beaulieu
26- Rickard Rackell
27- Maxim Shalunov
28- Christopher Gibson
29- Phillip Danault
30- Jonas Brodin

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Almost a 1-2 punch of Swedish players. Could it happen this year? First two picks will be swedes? What do you guys think?

Unlikely according to me.

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
I think Couturier will be in the top 2, for sure and there is no way than Landeskog takes his place...

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
You have Philip Danault pegged as a first rounder. Doesn't this seem a little bit high? Also, not saying you're wrong, but could you provide some reasoning as to why Nathan Beaulieu is on the list and Xavier Ouellet isn't? I've noticed this has been a trend in recent draft lists and I'm wondering why the majority of people like Beaulieu's game over Ouellet. From what I saw, Beaulieu is a more complete defensemen at this time, but Ouellet has more potential. Maybe it's because Beaulieu is a bit of a safer pick? I think Brandon Saad is a bit too low on your list too.

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
I hesitated with Philip Danault but I'm from Quebec and I favorised him than other prospect.

For Xavier Ouellet and Nathan Beaulieu, Nathan is bigger and have similar stats so I prefer to have a 6.3 than a 6.0, it's easier to grow up when you are bigger, according to me...

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
19- Myles Bell

I'm really interesting in him. He plays with Jordan Weal (Kings Prospie) and they seem to connect rather well from what little I've seen. Any chance somebody could give a quick report on him, don't want to start a whole new thread.

Thanks a ton.

PS: Yes, I know Kings probably won't be looking for a D prospect but, you never know..

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Puempal at 5?

You'd be surprised how the eyes of scouts differ when they don't purely rely on CSS or ISS to make their lists. Puempel's been hot lately apparently...and in my team's case...seems like a guy who has added value if he was locked into Ottawa for 5 years of Spezza.

At this time last year Jeff Skinner was held around the middle to late 1st round by a lot of scouting services....he's currently the best 18 year old in the NHL...although I don't doubt Hall will pass him at some point.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
You'd be surprised how the eyes of scouts differ when they don't purely rely on CSS or ISS to make their lists. Puempel's been hot lately apparently...and in my team's case...seems like a guy who has added value if he was locked into Ottawa for 5 years of Spezza.

At this time last year Jeff Skinner was held around the middle to late 1st round by a lot of scouting services....he's currently the best 18 year old in the NHL...although I don't doubt Hall will pass him at some point.

Diffrence is Puempals not Skinner. Puempals been pretty inconsisent this year, been accused of not working as hard as he can. Skinner was working 110% every game and was always consisent. Diffrence between them is Puempal was highly regarded before the draft season and Skinner was a 3rd rounder or about that. Puempal hasn't done anything to raise his stock. Players like Strome, Murphy, Landeskog, have all raised their stock incredibly, and defensemen are moving into those top 10 spots.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm really interesting in him. He plays with Jordan Weal (Kings Prospie) and they seem to connect rather well from what little I've seen. Any chance somebody could give a quick report on him, don't want to start a whole new thread.

Thanks a ton.

PS: Yes, I know Kings probably won't be looking for a D prospect but, you never know..

Bell is a very good two way defenseman. Great shot and a great passer. Solid skater too. Doesn't shy away from physical play either.

Might be the best 2-way defenseman out of the WHL in this year's draft. (Siemens is more defensive than Bell, Musil is right there too).

A good comparison would be Stephane Robidas.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Mark McNeill will be a 1st rounder

Missing a few WHL guys IMO, but thanks for the list

Last edited:

PBOPETEFAN

Oct 30, 2010
Diffrence is Puempals not Skinner. Puempals been pretty inconsisent this year, been accused of not working as hard as he can. Skinner was working 110% every game and was always consisent. Diffrence between them is Puempal was highly regarded before the draft season and Skinner was a 3rd rounder or about that. Puempal hasn't done anything to raise his stock. Players like Strome, Murphy, Landeskog, have all raised their stock incredibly, and defensemen are moving into those top 10 spots.

As you can tell by my user name I follow the Petes quite closely. Puempel has 51 pts on a team that has only 113 GF. I think the fact that he has been in on almost half the goals the team has scored tells a story about Puempel's skill and also how much depth the Petes' lack this year. We all know Skinner, Strome, Landeskog, Murphy have (or are) playing on much stronger clubs. The Petes have gone through a mess this year and Puempel has been one of the few bright spots on this team.

Regardless of how we feel here, I am sure Puempel will be high draft pick come June. The people who make these decisions look at things much more in depth than we do.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Missing Dmitrij Jaskin from the Czech Republic who is looking to go around in the top 25. He missed the WJC due to injury, but was going to be selected for the Czech team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad