My top 18 Prospects for the 2011 QMJHL draft:

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Looks like your correct about that, good call.

And the NS pool does look tough. I'm unaware of Team BC, but they'll be in tough with Ontario and Quebec in the same division.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think Merge will get drafted. He's proven to be the best (or one of) 95 goalies in Atlantic Canada for years.

Is there anyone in PEI on the radar?

How has he proven to be the best? By playing Midget AAA at 14?? He has been awful everytime ive seen him this year.

He posted a .714 save % in the Kiwanis Tournament last week, he was lit up like a Christmas tree at the Monctonian during game-play as well as during the Prospects Game...

Thomas Stavert is from PEI, but playing for the Notre Dame Argo's...he will be picked id have to imagine, somewhere between rounds 3-4. Ryan McKinnon is also playing for the Notre Dame Argo's...small dman, a year older than Stavert, he will probably go between rounds 6-8

A couple other Island kids I like are Zach Beaton from Cornwall, Ross Martin from Cornwall and Craig McLaughlin from C'Town.

seedogger

Dec 21, 2010
Saint John
Zach Beaton isn't going. Martin could go late? And Craig MacLauchlan will go for sure.
Ross Johnson( Charlottetown) is a force.
I still like Damon MacDonald, Andrew Mergle and Mason Grey and Joel Blanchard
We will see what happens in Atlantics with these players.
Nb - PEI is a better league than NS for sure.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Zach Beaton isn't going. Martin could go late? And Craig MacLauchlan will go for sure.
Ross Johnson( Charlottetown) is a force.
I still like Damon MacDonald, Andrew Mergle and Mason Grey and Joel Blanchard
We will see what happens in Atlantics with these players.
Nb - PEI is a better league than NS for sure.

I liked Beaton but I wouldnt say he is for sure going to be drafted...just a kid who caught my eye. And yeah I agree with you on Martin and MacLaughlin.

Gray is rising and Blanchard will probably go in the mid-rounds...

Agree with you on the league strength this year...its a good year for NB...makes up for last year.

Golden55

Jun 30, 2007
I'm wondering... does anybody know when the CSR will release their preliminary list for the QMJHL draft?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I think Merge will get drafted. He's proven to be the best (or one of) 95 goalies in Atlantic Canada for years.

Is there anyone in PEI on the radar?

Mergl is horrible, Jacob Fancey is way beyond better than him, Mergl is not even in Fancey's league at all...I would be shocked to see Mergl drafted.

maritimeramman

Jun 19, 2010
Mergl is horrible, Jacob Fancey is way beyond better than him, Mergl is not even in Fancey's league at all...I would be shocked to see Mergl drafted.

Mergl had a great Canada Games. Looked very confident and quick. Played 5 of 7 team NB's games.
I found Fancey slow to recover and slow on the butterfly.Not as athlectic as mergl.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
scoutman1...would it be fair to compare duclair's playing style to that of Evander Kane?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->