My top 18 Prospects for the 2011 QMJHL draft:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
1. Nathan MacKinnon—Forward—Shattuck 5’11/175 13 13 11 24
Not much despute here, he is hands down 1st overall, great speed, power, amazing shooter and hands.

2. Anthony Duclair—Forward—LSL 5’10/149 28 20 25 45
Great future super star, he is rumored to be going NCAA, great work ethic, does the dirty work, has an amazing shot, amazing skater, remids me of a young Jarome Iginla and he is that talented too.

3. Jeremy Gregoire—Forward—Magog 5’11/184 33 23 19 42
Good character, excellent hands, works hard in front, has good shooting ability and good passing.

4. Maxime Gravel—Defense--Phen 6’00/171 32 10 09 19
Has excellent shot from the point, great sense with the puck, plays good defense, he is a great future QB in the Q, and is a franchise d-man in the making.

5. Jonathan Drouin—Forward—LSL 5’09/156 32 18 28 46
Excellent hands with the puck, and a great playmaker, he creates a lot of offense on the ice, his game is fitted for the QMJHL.

6. Philippe Desrosiers—Goalie—Ant Gir 5’11/162 09 06 3.20 .888
The top goalie, very agile, positonally sound, good vision and moves well in the net, he has all the makings teams look for in a top end goalie.

7. Zach Taylor—Defense—Argos 5’11/182 28 03 06 09
Strong, has a strong skating stride, good shot from the point, decent passer, excellent defensive play, has the ability to be a good 2nd pairing dman.

8. Alexandre Belanger—Goalie--Magog 5’11/158 14 06 3.21 .889
Another great goalie prospect, he moves well, good position, makes hard saves look easy and has reat focus in the net.

9. Kris Hodge—Forward—Argos 5’11/171 28 07 13 20
Tough, crashes the net, excellent shooter and hands in close to the net, works hard, does the dirty work, likes to throw his body as well.

10. Bronson Beaton—Forward—Pictou 5’11/160 32 15 27 42
Skating needs to improve some, but excellent hands, amazing shooter in tight quarters and in close to the net, and a very good playmaker, if his skating was better he would be a lot higher.

11. Matt Murphy—Defense—Fredricton 5’11/165 16 03 07 10
Good passer, skates well, takes the body when he has the chance, controls the play well from the back end, smart and is a future QB for any Q team.

12. Anthony De Luca—Forward—Vikings 5’07/189 32 20 19 39
Small but a wrecking ball on the ice, he reminds me of a less talented Nathan Gerbe, small but throws devistating hits, has a big big shot and just keeps shooting on the ice.

13. Philippe Cadorette—G—Antoine Girouard 5’10/165 10 05 3.03 .899
Very good gamer, has great 2nd effort attempts to make saves, moves well, is felxible in net and good speed.

14. Justin Vanier-Guenette—D—Vikings 5’10/169 30 05 20 25
Great puck rusher, sometimes rushes too much and leaves his man out to dry on defense, excellent passer and shooter, drives the lanes and skates well.

15. Zachary Fucale—Goalie—Vikings 5’11/151 10 04 3.31 .893
Raising up the charts and is positional, great attitude in net, has a good glove hand, excellent down low and sees well through traffic.

16. Jacob Arsenault—Defense—Miramichi 6’03/182 23 04 14 18
Big and mobile, but he is as soft as a teddy bear, with his size he has to use his body and be physical both he does not do, he has a great shot from the point, excellent passing, skates well with the puck, plays good position defense and controls play as a QB, if he was physical he would be a top 5 pick.

17. Philippe Venne—Forward—Vikings 5’08/175 31 13 17 30
Falling in the rankings, at one point would give MacKinnon a run for 1st overall, now he is small, lazy, has amazing hands, and offensive skills.

18. Michael Lyle—Forward—Cape Trade 5’11/176 28 17 22 39
This guy could easily be 3rd overall on this list, his talent is beyond most but his heart and determination are very very bad; the kid has sick amazing hands with the puck, he is blessed with a great shot and very good vision and passing ability, he can single handedly take over a game, at this point his skills would earn him on my NHL top 30 list but with his drive and determination I just hate watching it because he is ultra talented liked few players are but he just glides around the ice, not interested at all and the one game he does try your like OMG WOW but those are few and far between.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Thanks scoutman for the list ;)

look like a good year Goalie wise for the qmjhl

question for you or Lalalaprise...where do you think a guy like Simon Boudreault of Jonquiere is going to get pick ? played midjet AAA as a 14yo but has been out all year. i believe he was a big time talent

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

Finnaly a good year Goalie wise for the qmjhl it seems

question for you or Lalalaprise...where do you think a guy like Simon Boudreault of Jonquiere is going to get pick ? played midjet AAA as a 14yo but has been out all year. i believe he was a big time talent

was a stud in the making last year, only played 3 games this year and is out for the year...talent wise some were putting him top 3 overall in the draft, but with only playing 3 games I think a team takes a chance on his in the 2nd round.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia

look like a good year Goalie wise for the qmjhl

Like Scoutman1 said...likely late 2nd/early 3rd...hes going to finish the season with 3 games played all season.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
One of the more underrated prospects for the draft is Frederick Gauthier, he is 6'03 193, a centre from College Esther-Blondin...he will surely be a 1st rd pick when its all said and done.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Great work as always.I'm much more familiar with 95's (and all ages) from Ontario, so this is much appreciated.

The first thing I was surprised about is how small the majority of the players are (no forward taller than 5'11). Do the teams themselves give out team programs consisting of height, weight, DOB etc.? The majority of AAA teams in Ontario do this, so I was just wondering if that's how you got the heights.

Second thing that I noticed was the large number of goalies you have slotted as first round talents. This is pretty well the opposite of the OHL, as they've only had two goalies in the past three years.

Lastly, I'll be attending the Canada Games in a month or so and outside of MacKinnon for Team Atlantic, who else should I be keeping an eye for Team Atlantic and Team Quebec?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Great work as always.I'm much more familiar with 95's (and all ages) from Ontario, so this is much appreciated.

The first thing I was surprised about is how small the majority of the players are (no forward taller than 5'11). Do the teams themselves give out team programs consisting of height, weight, DOB etc.? The majority of AAA teams in Ontario do this, so I was just wondering if that's how you got the heights.

Second thing that I noticed was the large number of goalies you have slotted as first round talents. This is pretty well the opposite of the OHL, as they've only had two goalies in the past three years.

Lastly, I'll be attending the Canada Games in a month or so and outside of MacKinnon for Team Atlantic, who else should I be keeping an eye for Team Atlantic and Team Quebec?

RDS runs a good section on Midget AAA...it has height and weight...also the QMJHL Central Scouting releases rankings to all 18 teams in December that have heights and weights, they do them themselves like NHL CSB does...

Well Canada games doesnt have a "Team Atlantic"...he will be on team NS...going by Scoutman1's list...Taylor, Lyle, MacKinnon and Beaton are on Team NS, Murphy and Arsenault on Team NB and Hodge is on Team NL...all the Quebec kids are on Team Quebec.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

well there is no Atlantic but broken into the provinces themselves...ill be at th games as well mostly cause i live in halifax, but ill be scouting them as well:

New Brusnwick:
Scott Fenwick. F. 95 born
Jacob Arsenault. D. 95 born
Matt Murphy. D. 95 Born
Luc Deschense. D. 97 born
Oliver Cooper. F. 95

Nova Scotia:
Nathan Mackinnon. F. 95
Bronson Beaton. F. 95
Zach Taylor. D. 95
Ryan Graves. D. 95
Ryan Falkenham. F. 95
Jacob Fancy. G. 95
Brandon Nickerson. D. 96
Matthew Highmore. 96

PEI:
Kameron Kielly. F. 96

NFLD:
Kris Hodge. F. 95

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
RDS runs a good section on Midget AAA...it has height and weight...also the QMJHL Central Scouting releases rankings to all 18 teams in December that have heights and weights, they do them themselves like NHL CSB does...

Well Canada games doesnt have a "Team Atlantic"...he will be on team NS...going by Scoutman1's list...Taylor, Lyle, MacKinnon and Beaton are on Team NS, Murphy and Arsenault on Team NB and Hodge is on Team NL...all the Quebec kids are on Team Quebec.

well there is no Atlantic but broken into the provinces themselves...ill be at th games as well mostly cause i live in halifax, but ill be scouting them as well:

New Brusnwick:
Scott Fenwick. F. 95 born
Jacob Arsenault. D. 95 born
Matt Murphy. D. 95 Born
Luc Deschense. D. 97 born
Oliver Cooper. F. 95

Nova Scotia:
Nathan Mackinnon. F. 95
Bronson Beaton. F. 95
Zach Taylor. D. 95
Ryan Graves. D. 95
Ryan Falkenham. F. 95
Jacob Fancy. G. 95
Brandon Nickerson. D. 96
Matthew Highmore. 96

PEI:
Kameron Kielly. F. 96

NFLD:
Kris Hodge. F. 95

Thanks for the quick responses fellas. Had a brain fart for a second there with Team Atlantic, was thinking of the U-17's that just passed.

I'm going to school in Halifax so I'll definitely attend the U16's and see how the rest of 95s in Canada compare to the ones in Ontario that I've already seen.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Thanks for the quick responses fellas. Had a brain fart for a second there with Team Atlantic, was thinking of the U-17's that just passed.

I'm going to school in Halifax so I'll definitely attend the U16's and see how the rest of 95s in Canada compare to the ones in Ontario that I've already seen.

It would be great if you could let us know who looks good there. Also if you get to watch team Alberta play if you could report on Keegan Kanzig he is from mine and Jay Onrait's small hometown. He is a 6'5" and 200lbs dmen that was drafted 7th overall in the last WHL draft. If it is not too much of a problem, thanks.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
It would be great if you could let us know who looks good there. Also if you get to watch team Alberta play if you could report on Keegan Kanzig he is from mine and Jay Onrait's small hometown. He is a 6'5" and 200lbs dmen that was drafted 7th overall in the last WHL draft. If it is not too much of a problem, thanks.

I'll definitely be giving my opinion on players throughout the week, as will a few other posters I'm sure. As for Kanzig, I'll make sure I have a look for him when I watch Alberta play, he's got incredible size (gotta love that) it seems for a 95 which is a great start. I'm preparing a list of kids to watch that I'll try to have an eye for come mid-feburary and I'll throw him on it.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
I'll definitely be giving my opinion on players throughout the week, as will a few other posters I'm sure. As for Kanzig, I'll make sure I have a look for him when I watch Alberta play, he's got incredible size (gotta love that) it seems for a 95 which is a great start. I'm preparing a list of kids to watch that I'll try to have an eye for come mid-feburary and I'll throw him on it.

Thanks so much. Things like that is why this site is so great.

patate583

Jan 10, 2011
To me, De Luca should be higher than the 12th pick. I've seen him play a few times and he is really impressive. He's dominating with the Vikings. Fucale and Vanier Guénette are also playing very well this year.

Gravel and Gauthier from the College Esther-Blondin are really to watch too. Gauthier could easily go in the first round.

Boston Strangler

Jan 21, 2011
Salem, Mass
Nb & Pei

1. Nathan MacKinnon—Forward—Shattuck 5’11/175 13 13 11 24
Not much despute here, he is hands down 1st overall, great speed, power, amazing shooter and hands.

2. Anthony Duclair—Forward—LSL 5’10/149 28 20 25 45
Great future super star, he is rumored to be going NCAA, great work ethic, does the dirty work, has an amazing shot, amazing skater, remids me of a young Jarome Iginla and he is that talented too.

3. Jeremy Gregoire—Forward—Magog 5’11/184 33 23 19 42
Good character, excellent hands, works hard in front, has good shooting ability and good passing.

4. Maxime Gravel—Defense--Phen 6’00/171 32 10 09 19
Has excellent shot from the point, great sense with the puck, plays good defense, he is a great future QB in the Q, and is a franchise d-man in the making.

5. Jonathan Drouin—Forward—LSL 5’09/156 32 18 28 46
Excellent hands with the puck, and a great playmaker, he creates a lot of offense on the ice, his game is fitted for the QMJHL.

6. Philippe Desrosiers—Goalie—Ant Gir 5’11/162 09 06 3.20 .888
The top goalie, very agile, positonally sound, good vision and moves well in the net, he has all the makings teams look for in a top end goalie.

7. Zach Taylor—Defense—Argos 5’11/182 28 03 06 09
Strong, has a strong skating stride, good shot from the point, decent passer, excellent defensive play, has the ability to be a good 2nd pairing dman.

8. Alexandre Belanger—Goalie--Magog 5’11/158 14 06 3.21 .889
Another great goalie prospect, he moves well, good position, makes hard saves look easy and has reat focus in the net.

9. Kris Hodge—Forward—Argos 5’11/171 28 07 13 20
Tough, crashes the net, excellent shooter and hands in close to the net, works hard, does the dirty work, likes to throw his body as well.

10. Bronson Beaton—Forward—Pictou 5’11/160 32 15 27 42
Skating needs to improve some, but excellent hands, amazing shooter in tight quarters and in close to the net, and a very good playmaker, if his skating was better he would be a lot higher.

11. Matt Murphy—Defense—Fredricton 5’11/165 16 03 07 10
Good passer, skates well, takes the body when he has the chance, controls the play well from the back end, smart and is a future QB for any Q team.

12. Anthony De Luca—Forward—Vikings 5’07/189 32 20 19 39
Small but a wrecking ball on the ice, he reminds me of a less talented Nathan Gerbe, small but throws devistating hits, has a big big shot and just keeps shooting on the ice.

13. Philippe Cadorette—G—Antoine Girouard 5’10/165 10 05 3.03 .899
Very good gamer, has great 2nd effort attempts to make saves, moves well, is felxible in net and good speed.

14. Justin Vanier-Guenette—D—Vikings 5’10/169 30 05 20 25
Great puck rusher, sometimes rushes too much and leaves his man out to dry on defense, excellent passer and shooter, drives the lanes and skates well.

15. Zachary Fucale—Goalie—Vikings 5’11/151 10 04 3.31 .893
Raising up the charts and is positional, great attitude in net, has a good glove hand, excellent down low and sees well through traffic.

16. Jacob Arsenault—Defense—Miramichi 6’03/182 23 04 14 18
Big and mobile, but he is as soft as a teddy bear, with his size he has to use his body and be physical both he does not do, he has a great shot from the point, excellent passing, skates well with the puck, plays good position defense and controls play as a QB, if he was physical he would be a top 5 pick.

17. Philippe Venne—Forward—Vikings 5’08/175 31 13 17 30
Falling in the rankings, at one point would give MacKinnon a run for 1st overall, now he is small, lazy, has amazing hands, and offensive skills.

18. Michael Lyle—Forward—Cape Trade 5’11/176 28 17 22 39
This guy could easily be 3rd overall on this list, his talent is beyond most but his heart and determination are very very bad; the kid has sick amazing hands with the puck, he is blessed with a great shot and very good vision and passing ability, he can single handedly take over a game, at this point his skills would earn him on my NHL top 30 list but with his drive and determination I just hate watching it because he is ultra talented liked few players are but he just glides around the ice, not interested at all and the one game he does try your like OMG WOW but those are few and far between.

What about others from Atlantic Canada?
PEI
Damon MacDonald
Nathan Ellis

NB
Andrew Mergle
Zack Whitlock
Noah Zilbert

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Can anybody find a decent schedule for the Mens Hockey Canada Winter games?

Just found it here. Go down halfway through the schedule and look for 'Week One Hockey Male'.

It's too bad they have to have half the games in Dartmouth, I probably won't be able to make the commute. The pools are pretty suspect as well, IMO.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Just found it here. Go down halfway through the schedule and look for 'Week One Hockey Male'.

It's too bad they have to have half the games in Dartmouth, I probably won't be able to make the commute. The pools are pretty suspect as well, IMO.

Great thanks!

Regarding the pools. Pool C with all the lessor teams play and then I beleive the top 2 teams from that pool move on to regular play (Something like that)

NS is in a rough pool though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad