My Top 170

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
okay, some of you need to take a step back and take a serious deep breath or two. if you're finding yourself enraged to the point of calling people names...then maybe you need to take a break from the boards for a while. Maybe you won't have a choice.

Get it back on topic, and if I have to edit\delete anymore posts...there will be plenty of warning points to go around.

A Good Flying Bird*

Leachmeister2000 said:
Long lists without any info are kind of boring, though I still admire the effort. :clap:

The long list IS the info.

Cheers on a great list,

faucon

May 11, 2005
BobMarleyNYR said:
Take it for what it's worth...feedback would be good.
20. Kenndal MacArdle, F
21. Ryan Parent, D
22. Vyacheslav Trukhno, F
23. Luc Bourdon, D
24. Matt Lashoff, D
GO Trukhno GO !

I really like this kid ! Happy to see him #22 !

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Good list, I notice Skille down to 14, seems right. If you watched him, he really has no hands, not very good hockey sense. Yes he is a strong skater with a good shot, but have you ever seen him really hit? He really isn't a "power forward" per say. Not someone that can dig the puck out of the corners. He had a great Tourney early in the year and that was it. He wasn't one of the USNTDP top scorers, in fact he should have put up better numbers for this ranking. I see him as a 3/4 line guy. He did not score against the D-1 teams if I'm correct. Good luck to him nevertheless. Mueller was the real power forward with skill galore. Watch him pass Kessel next year.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Glad to see you have Kris Russell on the list...albeit a bit low. Plus, he is a defenseman, he doesn't play forward.

His twin does. Ryan Russell.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
Good list, I notice Skille down to 14, seems right. If you watched him, he really has no hands, not very good hockey sense. Yes he is a strong skater with a good shot, but have you ever seen him really hit? He really isn't a "power forward" per say. Not someone that can dig the puck out of the corners. He had a great Tourney early in the year and that was it. He wasn't one of the USNTDP top scorers, in fact he should have put up better numbers for this ranking. I see him as a 3/4 line guy. He did not score against the D-1 teams if I'm correct. Good luck to him nevertheless. Mueller was the real power forward with skill galore. Watch him pass Kessel next year.

So you're saying that a guy with no hands, no hockey sense, with the future of a 3rd liner deserves to be ranked in the top half of the 1st round? Something doesn't jive there..........

X-SHARKIE

Skillle has exceptional hands IMO, he has subpurb puck possession...just because he doesn't dangle around players doesn't mean he is hands of stone. Skille has that ability to hold onto the puck for another second to by him self time to move the puck or shoot it.

He reminds me of Bill Guerrin.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I like Skille, I just think he's a wildcard, same with Zagrapan, Pouliot, Trukhno (who would be higher if he was safer, IMO). I think he can be a player who hits, shuts down, plays D, PKs, PPs, plays a leadership role and puts up very good points, like Tkachuk. His hands aren't great, in my eyes, but he protects the puck well and has better maneuverability than speed. He'll probably score a fair split of shots from 15 ft. out and garbage goals.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
La-La-Laprise said:
Do you know that for certain? Just like Schremp was going to be a top 10 pick for sure

Fair points, although Skille has successful pro written all over him. He's a dead ringer for Bill Guerin, and like it or not, those types of players are coveted. I don't think it's 100% certain he'll go top ten, but I wouldn't doubt it in the least.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rabid Ranger said:
Fair points, although Skille has successful pro written all over him. He's a dead ringer for Bill Guerin, and like it or not, those types of players are coveted. I don't think it's 100% certain he'll go top ten, but I wouldn't doubt it in the least.

I like Skille, but nothing is FOR SURE when it comes to an entry draft. I have learnt that the hard way haha

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Speaking of long lists, I have a pet peeve/problem with CSB and their rankings. Now dont get me wrong, I love the lists they compile and effort they put forth. And I dont want to attract comments like "then don't read it if you have problems with it."

With that said, it is quite confusing to look at the Euro players and see a guy like Hanzal listed as playing in the CZE JR. and then look to see Tomas Kudelka, who is ranked lower, listed as playing in just plain CZE. Now I dont think Kudelka played with men, but why don't they list JR. with all of the Euro players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->